Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

Ramires Wants Chelsea Move - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ramires Wants Chelsea Move (613 Views)

Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move / Demba Ba Completes Chelsea Move / Hazard Confirms Chelsea Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by AndreUweh(m): 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
• RAMIRES BEGS FOR CHELSEA MOVE
Benfica midfielder Ramires has pleaded with the club to resolve his transfer to Chelsea and release him for his "dream move" to Stamford Bridge.

GettyImages
Ramires' performances for Benfica and Brazil have caught Carlo Ancelotti's eye.
Chelsea's bid of €20 million is on the table and the Brazilian star is waiting to hear whether or not it is going to be accepted. However, the player has now spoken out in the hope that his desire to move to England gets the ball rolling.
"I know there has been a bid for me from Chelsea, this is a great honour, it is like a dream come true,'' he said in quotes obtained by Soccernet. "I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and now to have the opportunity to play for the best team in the Premier League and for a club with so much history - it would be my dream.
"I hope this can happen, and I hope that I can help Chelsea to regain the Double and also to win the Champions League next season
"I am looking forward to playing with the likes of John Terry, Petr Cech, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they are amongst the best in the world, to play with players like this under a manager of the stature of Carlo Ancelotti whom I admire and respect, in a club with so much spirit and winning mentality, would be a tremendous privilege.
"In the process I would like everyone to know I had a fantastic year at Benfica, and I respect them a lot, but this is a dream that I cannot let go."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810812&sec=transfers&cc=5739&cc=5739
Re: Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by AndreUweh(m): 8:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
Will he be a success at Chelsea?.
Opinions please.
Re: Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by snowdrops(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
the guy is very good. would be a fantastic buy for chelski.
Re: Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by AndreUweh(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2010
snowdrops:

the guy is very good. would be a fantastic buy for chelski.
That may push Essien further in the midfield and allow Ramires play the holding role.
Re: Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by chelseabmw(m): 4:20am On Jul 30, 2010
Andre Uweh:

That may push Essien further in the midfield and allow Ramires play the holding role.

That is impossicant
Re: Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by snowdrops(m): 7:51am On Jul 30, 2010
for me ramires is better as an attacking midfielder. he fitted perfectly in that role in the world club cup last yr, some of the brazillian friendlies i have seen as well as the world cup.

he is smooth, silky and a good finisher. my only doubt would be if he is physical enough to withstand the harship and brutality that can happen in the EPL.
Re: Ramires Wants Chelsea Move by chelseabmw(m): 1:36am On Aug 01, 2010
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Defends Signing Barcelona Youngster Jon Toral! / Man U Claims Their Nineteenth League Title / Robin Van Persie Wins Football Writers Player Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.