Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

"Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) (3454 Views)

There Is No Yahoo Yahoo Anymore - People Are Into Money Rituals Now - Confession / Yahoo-Yahoo Turns Diabolic: Yahoo Plus (Scary Photos Attached) / EFCC Arrests 7 MAPOLY Students And Others For Yahoo Yahoo With Juju (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
With the recent increase in cyber crime, which has often deteriorated to money rituals, the Nigerian society is tensed, especially this festive period, the question I want to ask is, how did we get here?

From beheading to stealing of female under wears, kidnappings et al, what really happened to us as a nation? Is there a way out of this menace? Does it mean the youths have nothing they can do to better their lives other than crime and killings of fellow beings.

Like most people would always like to say, attributing the blames to our leaders, then I ask, aren't there other African countries with worse leaders and still doing better than indulging in crime?

As an individual, I can confidently say there are more opportunities in Nigeria than anywhere else, I believe if you know exactly what to do, you can look out for a way to go about it, the increase in crime if not curtailed can be dangerous to a developing country like Nigeria.

Every youth who is not into fraud is now seen as a 'Jew' by those involved, peers would flaunt their I'll gotten wealth in your face and make you feel like you aren't doing enough earning a living legitimately.
Personally I think the social media has had a lot to contribute to this....

The worst part is, everyone is not secure, if as a guy you think you are, how about your female siblings and relatives, and to think we now make jest of this ritual and killings, imagine the screenshot I saw this evening.

The question again is, how did we get here and what is the way out?

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by azpekuliar: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
The journey to how we got here began very earnestly on the 15th of January 1966.

Then of course we squandered the chance to avoid this journey to Hades by not abiding by the resolutions reached in Aburi.

Then the icing on the cake, choosing war rather than the accord thereby inflicting a curse on our nation that was to manifest in years to come.

That my friend is how we got here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
azpekuliar:
The journey to how we got here began very earnestly on the 15th of January 1966.

Are you saying togetherness is a part of our major problems? But you can imagine the large market and opportunities that abound in togetherness, even though I believe we should have parted ways, but its better not to cry over a spilt milk, the way forward is forward now...

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by mumureloaded(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
my account balance is just making me sick, in fūcking depressed. but some hustle don't worth it.

there us clear differences between money ritual and yahoo but these days people tend to associate money ritual with yahoo. **spit

most of these guys are ritualist. money ritual that involve human life that can't make you a billionaire even in naira is that money ritual?

4 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by mightyhazell: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
azpekuliar:

Then of course we squandered the chance to avoid this journey to Hades by not abiding by the resolutions reached in Aburi.

Then the icing on the cake, choosing war rather than the accord thereby inflicting a curse on our nation that was to manifest in years to come.

many countries experienced worse and yet have since marched on,... So I think it's much more than u just stated
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by mightyhazell: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
azpekuliar:

many countries experienced worse and yet have since marched on,... So I think it's much more than u just stated..
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
mumureloaded:
my account balance is just making me sick, in fūcking depressed. but some hustle don't worth it.

that can't make you a billionaire even in naira is that money ritual?

Whatever it is, keep doing what you are doing in the right way, one day it will pay off.

That's the truth, before it was yahoo Yahoo, now everything has changed, they use yahoo to cover up money rituals, but I bet if we keep up in this route, the Nigeria society is doomed.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
mightyhazell:
many countries experienced worse and yet have since marched on,... So I think it's much more than u just stated..

Exactly what I said boss, and to think we can better Nigeria if we want just by ourselves, but no, we keep looking out for who to blame.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by azpekuliar: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2018
mightyhazell:

I only tried to answer the first part of the OP's post - How did we get here?
The question of how to move on has not been addressed by this country yet. At most what we have seen are half-hearted attempts.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by mightyhazell: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
Double
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by mightyhazell: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2018
azpekuliar:

I only tried to answer the first part of the OP's post - How did we get here?
The question of how to move on has not been addressed by this country yet. At most what we have seen are half-hearted attempts.
the issue of how we got here and the connection u made was absolutely uncalled for. Dont u know the number of years between 1966 and 2018? It's like answering a question like,.. Why are u depressed and unhappy? And u giving a response like 'I lost 10naira when I was a boy of 5'.. Of course u should have gotten over that over the years....

Except of course that is not the real reason your depressed, but looking for a convenient smokescreen
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by azpekuliar: 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
mightyhazell:
the issue of how we got here and the connection u made was absolutely uncalled for. Dont u know the number of years between 1966 and 2018? It's like answering a question like,.. Why are u depressed and unhappy? And u giving a response like 'I lost 10naira when I was a boy of 5'.. Of course u should have gotten over that over the years....

Except of course that is not the real reason your depressed, but looking for a convenient smokescreen

The point I am making is we did not get here overnight! Or do you think the rot began today? The seeds were sown generations ago.

Talk to anybody today who is at least 55 years young and you would be regaled with stories of how they grew up in a Nigeria where the values of honesty, industry, diligence and hard work were upheld.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by vickodedon(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
I dey your side bros
azpekuliar:

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Shukusheka(m): 12:55am On Dec 02, 2018
It is evidently a dysfunctional value system we operate in the country. The system is broken, the society is nothing but a community of theives, hypocrites, self-righteous scammers. We are all a reflection of the government we take turns criticize daily. Yahoo yahoo, like other crimes like drug trafficking, money laundering, 419 & robbery is thriving because the society glorifies money over true moral values.

It is a dog eat dog society we live in, get rich by any means or endure seeing people look down on you and your hustle. With the huge success and the flamboyant lifestyle flaunted by yahoo criminals in the past, it should be of no surprise there is a higher influx of youths willing to toe the same path. Even the law enforcement agency who are supposed to enforce law and justice are also in in the act, morally bankrupt like every facet of the society.

Now to tackle your question heads on, the reason why yahoo yahoo seem have graduated into the dastardly inhumane ritual killing, menstruation pad fishing scheme it is now is because the youths are now getting more desperate for money. With the proliferation of yahoo boys & yahoo boys wannabe scattered across the country, scamming isn't as lucrative as it was once. Fake herbalists have lashed on this opportunity to con young criminal-minded men into easing their cash in exchange of false promise of wealth if they can provide certain female organs. Add that to the already rife business of human organ trafficking in the country, you can see the country is doomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2018
Shukusheka:
It is you can see the country is doomed.

Boss, I agree with you 100% but another issue is, should we continue like this? This thing is getting out of hand, what can we do to help ourselves get out of this mess, right now I have had a handful of time discussing with peers and the only thing they say is, 'join them or leave the country' but unfortunately I can't do any of the above for now.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2018
The reason for such is simply laziness, youths are too lazy to go to work, looking for the quitest way to riches, short cuts to happiness, there is truly no way to completely reverse this situation, we have to realize that money rituals have being a trend for years and now it has just evolved into a more obvious and devious menace
The only way to stop this would be to employ the FIRS to scrutinize all individuals with illegally gotten forms of wealths, by so doing people who are suspected to have involved themselves in such acts would be questioned.
More so the government should use all means to reduce tradional religious activities, let's be honest, those are the root cause of this issue, it may seem like an obstruction of the human right to religious belief but honestly cracking down on these pegans should produce results.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by bolinjkezzy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2018
It started from the fact that after spending four or five years in school, on your convocation day is when they will start telling you there is no job anywhere that you need to embrace farming like we all should be farmer.
Those that decided not to embrace farming and become self employed are frustrated by the government via tax and epileptic power supply. There is different between yahoo and ritualist, don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuyiwaOGtoyinbo:
I prefer the good old scamming where you only take the victims money and not their life angry
Seconded
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Kylekent59: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
bolinjkezzy:
It started from the fact that after spending four or five years in school, on your convocation day is when they will start telling you there is no job anywhere that you need to embrace farming like we all should be farmer.
Those that decided not to embrace farming and become self employed are frustrated by the government via tax and epileptic power supply. There is different between yahoo and ritualist, don't get it twisted.

Exactly, they wouldn't tell them what's ahead untill convocation.

If he/she does yahoo,his/her business.

Don't be surprised that those who are against yahoo are those that have good job with high pay. They jealous yahoo guys because all they do is to work with their laptops and phones and within a month,maga pays in millions While they the jealous ones with goog job,high salary will be angry because they are being controlled by their various bosses grin grin.

I know a guy who could teach you yahoo now, before December 23rd you go hammer upto 850k. sure one ooo.

Let's assume you extracted 50 mails and of which one is a rich Arabian maga. if he eventually pays, them from àrab the money begins to move this way; from àrab to Switzerland-to Germany- to uk-to canada-to south Africa-to Ghana-to Nigeria.

With dis, they cannot trace the money. You buy venza,change wardrobe, buy expensive watch,lodge in a hotel, sleep with girls etc.

Maga must pay!!!!!!

But as a Christian, don't dupe your brother or fellow being. Do good and make clean money.

listen to the advice above.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by anonymuz(m): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2018
The jorney began when we were amalgamated.

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by skimmy005: 6:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
bolinjkezzy:
may ur parents lose all dia life savings to scammers amen
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2018
skimmy005:
may ur parents lose all dia life savings to scammers amen
The war against crime is not only for those involve in cybercrime alone, the rich gets richer by preying on the gullibility of the poor, it's as simple as that. The number one rule of scamming is that those getting scammed are those that feel they will get rewarded from the deal.
Yahoo be helping people since 1900.

1 Like

Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2018
Kylekent59:

Exactly, they wouldn't tell them what's ahead untill convocation.

If he/she does yahoo,his/her business.

Don't be surprised that those who are against yahoo are those that have good job with high pay. They jealous yahoo guys because all they do is to work with their laptops and phones and within a month,maga pays in millions While they the jealous ones with goog job,high salary will be angry because they are being controlled by their various bosses grin grin.

I know a guy who could teach you yahoo now, before December 23rd you go hammer upto 850k. sure one ooo.

Let's assume you extracted 50 mails and of which one is a rich Arabian maga. if he eventually pays, them from àrab the money begins to move this way; from àrab to Switzerland-to Germany- to uk-to canada-to south Africa-to Ghana-to Nigeria.

With dis, they cannot trace the money. You buy venza,change wardrobe, buy experience watch,lodge in a hotel, sleep with girls etc.

Maga must pay!!!!!!

But as a Christian, don't dupe your brother or fellow being. Do good and make clean money.

listen to the advice above.

You nailed it bro.
The guy may be one big man in a big company, forgetting they are countless youth roaming the streets after being scammed by the school system.
If you go do yahoo do am but I no suppose rutual
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by skimmy005: 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
bolinjkezzy:

The war against crime is not only for those involve in cybercrime alone, the rich gets richer by preying on the gullibility of the poor, it's as simple as that. The number one rule of scamming is that those getting scammed are those that feel they will get rewarded from the deal.
Yahoo be helping people since 1900.
oga which deal? What has loyalty and trust gotten to do with deal? Does being scammed are just unfortunate and disparate looking for true love all da want is love nothing more all those innocent women just need love, care and affection so why take advantage of them
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by bolinjkezzy(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2018
skimmy005:
oga which deal? What has loyalty and trust gotten to do with deal? Does being scammed are just unfortunate and disparate looking for true love all da want is love nothing more all those innocent women just need love, care and affection so why take advantage of them
Do you even know how the people are scammed? You think the only thing involve is convincing? You still need to learn more.
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Ayoslimzy(m): 7:32am On Dec 03, 2018
skimmy005:
Wetin dis one dey talk now
Re: "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) by Allaboutkatiee(f): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2018
Some people are just sick

(1) (Reply)

Woman With Snake Skin After Sleeping With Best Friend’s Husband / Young Girl Kidnapped And Killed In Enugu- Graphic Pictures / Why I Killed For Nigeria Politicians –25-year-old Man Makes Shocking Confession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.