Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage (733 Views)

Peter Obi Will Not Last If He Wins, He ‘ll Be Impeached – Reno Omokri / Eeben Barlow: US Funded Buhari’s Campaign, Says Military Contractor / BREAKING: 'without Consulting INEC, We’re Proceeding With Campaign', Says APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by themomentng: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2018
The 2019 Lagos state People Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has promised to restore the lost glory of the state and ‘deliver it from the hold of one man’ if elected as governor.

Speaking on Saturday at the flag off, Agbaje stated that things could be done differently in the state for the benefit of the people, just as he promised to make life more meaningful for the teeming residents of the metropolitan state and kick-start a proper economic development of the state.

Agbaje said the 2019 poll is a contest between people’s Lagos and one-man Lagos, adding that he is on the side of people’s Lagos.

He noted that he would improve on his performance in 2015 to emerge winner of the election, saying, “This time around, we will beat them flat”.

Agbaje who lost the race in 2015 to the incumbent governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, said that his mandate is to free Lagos state from the hands of detectors.

The pharmacist-turned politician added: “These people have been in government in Lagos State for 20 years, what do we have to show for it? Lagosians between the ages of 18 and 50 do not see the future in the Lagos of today.

“Many residents of Lagos State want to relocate abroad, where there are good schools, constant electricity, and other amenities of life. The ruling party in the state has spent about N6 Trillion or $35 Billion in 20 years and they have nothing to show for it.”

He noted further: “They said I am their customer but they have forgotten that the customer is king. They are already afraid. We are ready for them. If they give us one, we would give them two. If they give us two, we will give them three,” he boasted.

The PDP candidate also promised to restore the glory and standard of education in the state by providing more accessible to quality education as opposed to the current ineffective system.

“I am running a believable administration and I am in the race for service not for self. They are in politics for selves. They have said that I am their ‘customer’. But I want to tell them that the customer is the king and he is always right. By March 2019, the rest will be history because this election will be decided by the people of Lagos who yearn for freedom, and not by political parties,” he told the enthusiastic supporters.

“Our campaign is centred around those things that would make life better for the people of the state. In four years, the traffic situation in the state would be made better.

On those who left the PDP for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), such as Senator Musiliu Obanikoro and the erstwhile chairman of the party in the state, Hon. Moshood Salvador, he said that nobody left with them and that they were lone rangers.

Commenting on why he kept contesting for the Governorship position, Agbaje said that his case is like that of a man, who wanted to woo a lady, he said that would keep going until he gets a positive response from the lady.

He used the occasion to introduce his running mate, Mrs. Halimat Oluwayemisi Busari, who he said would join hands with him to make Lagos State better.

Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by KanwuliaMama: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2018
Lagos needs SERIOUS deliverance from the DRUG CARTEL! cry

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by Afamed: 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
I beg next level jooooor, He said similar story in 2011 and 2015.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by Afamed: 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
KanwuliaMama:
Lagos needs SERIOUS deliverance from the DRUG CARTEL! cry
No to Atikulooting

1 Like

Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by deboysben(m): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
I wish him well

I believe a change of government in lagos is now ripped

1 Like

Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by Auladimeji1: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
Politicians needs to sign a severe punishment for whoever deface Lagos with posters,Be you who angry

Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by Peacecore: 12:00am On Dec 02, 2018
Malaria dream. Hence u Athiefkuloot,nothing for u.
Re: 2019: Agbaje Flags Off Campaign, Says He‘ll Deliver Lagos From Bondage by Mynd44: 5:22am On Dec 02, 2018

(1)

Police And Politics : Gov Masari Serving Police ADC Chairs An APC Event (PHOTOS) / Badeh's Killers Release Abducted Friend After Receiving Ransom / What You Should Know About The EU Blue Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.