Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje (25195 Views)

Actress Madam Saje Celebrates Her 60th Birthday In Style, Shares Adorable Photos / Nollywood Actress Madam Saje Celebrates Her Birthday In Style / Odunlade Adekola,madam Saje & Others Celebrates With Iya Rainbow As She Clock 75 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by dably: 5:38am On Dec 02, 2018
Veteran Nollywood actress Fausat Balogun, aka Madam Saje, has just cleared the air on the perception most people have the seemingly luxurious lifestyle stakeholders in the movie industry and according to her there is hardship in Nollywood.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, she said,

Our leaders should have mercy on us. There is suffering in Nollywood. I just pray that God will make them have good thoughts towards us. If we are treated the way actors are treated in the western countries, you can imagine where we would be.

The only thing keeping many of us here is the passion we have for the job. If not for that, some people would have resorted to selling wares at Oshodi. There are no structures in place and pirates are also dealing with us.

“As for me, I have spent over 45 years in this industry; so, it is something that is already part of me. I cannot readily change to do another thing. However, I am happy that I don’t beg to eat and I am able to do things that my peers engage in.”

On what she thinks about some young actresses who engage in ‘prostitution’ in order to live glamorous lives, Madam Saje said,

“I can only speak for myself. I cannot say anything about what people do in their private moments. However, if the industry is buoyant, there wouldn’t even be mention of things like this. It is because of the hardship in the sector that some people engage in untoward acts.”

News from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/there-is-hardship-in-nollywood-madam-saje

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by dably: 5:39am On Dec 02, 2018
sad
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Thewesterner(m): 6:39am On Dec 02, 2018
Mama the mama

21 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by GistmoreNG: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2018
angry
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by ct2: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
I wish the other young nollywood actress can take this likes of this woman as their role model

24 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Olalan(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
But the likes of Mercy, Iyabo and all younger female actress live extremely lavish lifestyle

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by OzziOhinoyi(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
Pitiable.
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Segunade10: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
This Is Why Wizkid & Tiwa Savage Are "DATING"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b67bzBlLRY

See Nigeria Super Falcons In Tears Blushing & Dancing After Beating South Africa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtTLlenbqBw
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by soberdrunk(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
Someone once told me some 'major' actors in the yoruba movie sector get paid as little as 20-25k for a movie and i didnt believe until recently......... angry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by olaxx: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
The reality is that there is hardship in every sector of the federal republic of Nigeria..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by shammahyaro(f): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
There is hardship everywhere as long as it's Nigeria!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by chiventoline(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
So were did the likes of Chika ike, Ini Edo that Oduduwa woman that left her husband to fvck a gnor get there money from?

15 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by gurunlocker: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2018
The wise one especially female have found themselves ways to make more money
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Success02(m): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
Well-done madam saje
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
G
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by jesicajonna(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hmmm hardship after spending 45 years in the industry...if I hear!!!! cheesy
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by hazan041(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
Mama odunlade
If she shout on you ehhnn.. You go pick race cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Enniez2018(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2018
Nigeria is the SI unit of hardship

2 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by crafteck(m): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2018
Waiting for small ashewo with big gawds

5 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Firgemachar: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2018
True.
But she is still balling... smiley

1 Like

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by tosyne2much(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
Nigeria is the headquarter of hardship
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by SingleWahala(f): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
grin.... COME LET ME RITUALLY SHOW YOU THE WAY OUT OF NOLLYWOOD HARDSHIP grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by tachacute(f): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIytWu1wVQQ&itct=CDQQpDAYACITCNPi17C7_d4CFUE94AodY-oJ8jILYzQtdmlkZW9zLXVaGFVDNnMzMjlCR0RxaXFYVmNVN3YxaDVzUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Onlinealaba(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
The hardship she is talking about get levels tho, but on a lighter note most of these actors are broke know some that still lives in rented apartment managing..

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Nasir123(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
Maybe Nollywood should introduce fresh ideas..
Like acting Sci-fi movies.
Most of us wat to see something different.

My advice.

4 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by MJBOLT: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2018
from bet9ja grin

chiventoline:
So were did the likes of Chika ike, Ini Edo that Oduduwa woman that left her husband to fvck a gnor get there money from?
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Nasir123(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2018
chiventoline:

Some of u kids really lack IQ sad
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by millionboi2: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lol

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2018
But Mercy Aigbe and co. Keep buying the latest Toys..
And they will say it's hardwork (from this same Nollywood)

Awon big women, BIGGER gods
grin

8 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by livinbygrace: 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:
But Mercy Aigbe and co. Keep buying the latest Toys..
And they will say it's hardwork (from this same Nollywood)

Awon big women, BIGGER gods
grin

Dat wan na confirm runz babe and morever oga Ambode dey spends on her wella and recently got her a new house in Lekki.That is why she no fit stay husband house again.

9 Likes

Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
olaxx:
The reality is that there is hardship in every sector of the federal republic of Nigeria..
GBAM!!!
Re: There is hardship in Nollywood – Madam Saje by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
livinbygrace:

Na Ambode money that wan dey spend
Ambode the big god himself.. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dija Steps Out In Unique Outfit (photos) / BBNaija: Cee-C "I Will Not Eat Anybody's Food In This House" / Kcee Look So Cute As He Steps Out In Style (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.