Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Right Answer To The Challenge, "Sell Me The Pen". - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Right Answer To The Challenge, "Sell Me The Pen". (346 Views)

Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence?? / I.Q TEST 2: Can You Figure Out The Right Answer? / Please Help Me With The Answer To This Maths Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Right Answer To The Challenge, "Sell Me The Pen". by Eazybay(m): 6:12am On Dec 02, 2018
You sell the pen by not selling the pen.

Literally, the last thing you do when trying to sell the pen is start by explaining how fantastic the pen is.

So what is the first step to selling the pen?

You first need to understand who your customer, as a person, is. What are their likes and dislikes? What fascinates them? How did they get to the position they are in?
Then, you need to understand their needs, how often they use a pen, what kind of pens they use, whether they use a pen every day or occasionally.

If you do like Belfort suggested in the movie and begin the conversation by “selling the pen,” then you’ve likely lost the sale.

In a sales call, you need to spend more time listening than speaking. That’s why it’s so hard to master the art of sales … because most people like the sound of their own voices, and they feel compelled to sell the customer something. They feel compelled to begin the sale right away.

What you’re selling when you sell the customer the pen is not the pen; it is yourself. And you sell yourself by making yourself likable.

You ask questions, and you listen. You let the customer speak, and you listen some more.
It’s a lot easier to be interested than interesting.
Most people don’t get that.
The ones who do, the people who understand that you don’t just “sell the pen,” but rather that you get to know your customer by being interested in who they are—their wants and desires—those are the ones who master the art of sales.

PS: Register For The 2019 edition of the Campus Metro National Bee and win 1,000,000. Click here to register: www.metrobee.com.ng
Strictly for students of Nigerian Higher Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education).
Study materials are available on the website. All questions will come from the study materials.
Registration is 1,000 naira only. Deadline for registration is Dec 20 2018.
For further Inquiries call: 07069799055

PPS: You'll also get a referral link. So for every friend you invite, you'll get 500naira INSTANTLY!

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria Graduate Trainees Programme 2018 | Apply Here For Free!!!! / Good News For Class 10 Students In India: 2 Levels For Class 10 Maths Board Exam / I Know I Am Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.