Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths (1945 Views)

There Will Never Be Biafra Again - Lauretta Onochie / Biafra: Ijaw Youths Stop Asari Dokubo From Holding Meeting In Bayelsa. / Who Owns Biafra, Ijaw Or Igbo? - Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 02, 2018
we igbos need to stop attaching ourselves to the south south.. I'm really ashame of our igbo tribe.why can't we leave the south south alone, are we that parasitic?

Ijaw youths have warned pro-Biafran groups such as the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra and the Indigenous People of Biafra to desist from including Ijaw territories in the map of Biafra.

The Ijaw youths, under the auspices of the Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide, said on Monday that there was no time the Ijaw ethnic nationality consented to be part of the Biafra Republic.

The IYC, in a statement by its spokesman, Daniel Dasimaka, dismissed the claim credited to the pro-Biafran organisations that the Ijaw nation was part of Biafra.

It stressed that the Ijaw people had never been Biafrans, saying that the old Eastern Region was a political contraption that enslaved the Ijaw people.

It added that the old Eastern Region was created by those who also orchestrated ‘this miscarriage of a state called Nigeria.’

The group noted that the Ijaws had never, in any way, been against the genuine aspirations of all peoples, including the MASSOB and IPOB, to attain self-determination or secession, but they should not drag the ethnic nationality into their geographical expression.

The statement read in part, “The Ijaw are a distinct ethnic nation, even before the 1914 amalgamation, that has its own dreams, wishes and aspirations that should not be submerged as footnotes in any other peoples’ struggles.

“We, the Ijaw people, are not Biafrans. Therefore, if or when any Ijaw person or group feels a sense of allegiance to Biafra and speak in its favour, let it be known that such statements are the personal opinions of such persons. They do not reflect the thoughts, views and wishes of the entire Ijaw nation and the Niger Delta people.”

The IYC also warned “overzealous members of IPOB” to stop further insults on respected Ijaw elders and leaders, particularly critical stakeholders like AnnKio Briggs “who had committed so much to the Niger Delta,” stressing that such insults would no longer be tolerated.

It further said that the Ijaw struggle for self-determination predated the Biafra agitation.

The group stated, “It is a known historical fact that a year before the world got to hear of the term Biafra Republic, the Ijaw led by the late Major Isaac Boro of blessed memory had declared a Niger Delta Republic in pursuit of the emancipation of the Niger Delta people which the progenitor of Biafran, late Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu, of blessed memory, fought against as the then governor of the old Eastern Region when the going was good with him in the Nigerian state.

“It is also on record that a year before MASSOB was founded, the IYC, through the Kaiama Declaration, had affirmed ‘our commitment to joint struggle with the other ethnic nationalities in the region for self-determination.’

“We express our solidarity with all the peoples, organisations and ethnic nationalities in Nigeria and elsewhere who are struggling for self-determination and justice.”

Copyright PUNCH.

Biafra Nnamdi Kanu
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by solutionmi: 6:39am On Dec 02, 2018
Most time the Southern People of Nigeria never speak with one voice unlike the Northern
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Luciferdevil2(m): 6:44am On Dec 02, 2018
All this af*nja Muslim miscreants displaying their stupidities all over Nairaland is uncalled for.
This op must be a low life bungler who derives joy in seeing divisions among the Southerners.
I don't want to go further cos today is my worship day, let me let it slide today.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 02, 2018
solutionmi:
Most time the Southern People of Nigeria never speak with one voice unlike the Northern
what is there to speak about, they don't want us..

Just because ikwerre behaves like igbos doesn't make them igbo.

Just because esan behaves like Benin doesn't make them Benin.

Just because itshekiri behaves like Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba.

They want their own ethnic group, I've never ever seen or heard of any southern tribes claiming Biafra, never.

So why the force attaché?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2018
Luciferdevil2:
All this af*nja Muslim miscreants displaying their stupidities all over Nairaland is uncalled for.
This op must be a low life bungler who derives joy in seeing divisions among the Southerners.
I don't want to go further cos today is my worship day, let me let it slide today.
I'm a proud igbo man.

We don't need the south south. Let them form their own country and let's us do the same
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by IbrahimDamola: 6:49am On Dec 02, 2018
We yoruba muslims must continue to lament about Biafra while our hungry people in oshogbo will continue to sell human parts in order to buy Amala ati ewedu.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Luciferdevil2(m): 6:50am On Dec 02, 2018
Igbobyblood:
I'm a proud igbo man.

We don't need the south south. Let them form their own country and let's us do the same
All right, since you are a proud Igbo boy, why not we divert and take it from here in our local dialect.
Nna kee ebe isi na ala Igbo mbo?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 02, 2018
Luciferdevil2:
All right, since you are a proud Igbo boy, why not we divert and take it from here in our local dialect.
Nna kee ebe isi na ala Igbo mbo?
kpuchie ọnụ

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2018
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2018
Igbobyblood:
what is there to speak about, they don't want us..

Just because ikwerre behaves like igbos doesn't make them igbo.

Just because esan behaves like Benin doesn't make them Benin.

Just because itshekiri behaves like Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba.

They want their own ethnic group, I've never ever seen or heard of any southern tribes claiming Biafra, never.

So why the force attaché?
you are right they have never claim Biafra and they will nevee accept to be Biafra's
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Luciferdevil2(m): 6:56am On Dec 02, 2018
Igbobyblood:
kpuchie ọnụ
Is that the answer to my question?
Let me restate that in case you have poor comprehensive issues.
Nwokem, kaa anyi hapu ife mere na abali kaa oburu awunta. Kee afa nne gi na nne gi, kedu kwa ebe isi na ala Igbo anyi maburu oweya na mma?

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by oyin44: 6:57am On Dec 02, 2018
Yes ..An ijaw man would tell you that first and foremost an ijaw and then a Nigerian..this constrasted with our own stance that we were first and foresmost Nigerian be4 we were lbo and yoruba respectively..kanu and his gangs should discarded the idea of session..because the south south would see the biafran has a foreign aggression..(as invader).they are the minority and their interest is to control their resources by hemselves..t
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by oyin44: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2018
The interests of the south south is paramount in their minds ..not biafra..80% control of their resources that is they want..they are the minority ..fear of domination by the south east made the Northern decided to fight the war with the south east..oneness and united Nigerians that should be our priorities task
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by kotv: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2018
Before any Igbo attacks Ijaw for this OP uselessness. Please know Ijaws have no hand in the bigotry, and hate. The OP is a Yoruba troll that tribal bait. Do not fall for his useless behavior that seems to be prominent with him and his people. I'm Ijaw and I'm asking you people to please, if you guys do fall for his tribal bait, please make sure to exclude Ijaws from it. He's yoruba doing tribal baiting, attack the right people and exclude us from it. Thank you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2018
Afonja OP; one of the most wicked people on the face of the earth. Just naturally wicked! Stay away from them, they don't know God.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Yyeske(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2018
kotv:
Before any Igbo attacks Ijaw for this OP uselessness. Please know Ijaws have no hand in the bigotry, and hate. The OP is a Yoruba troll that tribal bait. Do not fall for his useless behavior that seems to be prominent with him and his people. I'm Ijaw and I'm asking you people to please, if you guys do fall for his tribal bait, please make sure to exclude Ijaws from it. He's yoruba doing tribal baiting, attack the right people and exclude us from it. Thank you.
Why are you guys always ready to be calling people names upandan? Someone posted the link to the publication, instead of you to go through it, you are here shouting Yoruba. Even if the OP is Yoruba, is the message or statement coming from a Yoruba group? You are not Ijaw because we all know they hate Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Yyeske(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2018
freedomforall30:
Afonja OP; one of the most wicked people on the face of the earth. Just naturally wicked! Stay away from them, they don't know God.
Go through the link life2017 gave and stop embarrassing yourself

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by kotv: 7:49am On Dec 02, 2018
Yyeske:
Why are you guys always ready to be calling people names upandan? Someone posted the link to the publication, instead of you to go through it, you are here shouting Yoruba. Even if the OP is Yoruba, is the message or statement coming from a Yoruba group? You are not Ijaw because we all know they hate Igbos.

Who controls Nigeria's media?
Oh I'm not Ijaw because I don't ascribe to whatever delusion Yorubas have about Ijaws. Sorry for your ignorance. Ijaws do not have hate nor carry hate. I don't know why you people keep thinking everyone is like you people.
And yes OP is a Yoruba troll who goes by several accounts and whom been opening several topics this week starting multiple altercations. You people should find something better to do instead of tribal baiting.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 02, 2018
Yyeske:
how did you know that ijaw hate Igbo's?

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by kotv: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2018
ThatIjawBoy:
how did you know that ijaw hate Igbo's?

Ask him. I don't know why him and his people always try to soil other people images.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2018
kotv:

Ask him. I don't know why him and his people always try to soil other people images.
The thing tire me,look at the nonsense he's typing undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by kotv: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2018
The year this article was made 2017. It's December 2018, other than to start unnecessary tribal attacks why was this topic made?
Which ethnicity is very prominent in starting tribal baiting on this topic yet someone thinks it's wrong to direct them against attacking Ijaw. Useless person

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by FRESHG(m): 7:55am On Dec 02, 2018
FOOD DON DONE FOR YORUBA MUSLIMS grin

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Fatherofdragons: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2018
Luciferdevil2:
Is that the answer to my question?
Let me restate that in case you have poor comprehensive issues.
Nwokem, kaa anyi hapu ife mere na abali kaa oburu awunta. Kee afa nne gi na nne gi, kedu kwa ebe isi na ala Igbo anyi maburu oweya na mma?

Ọ ga kwa aza gị oo, ọ hapụ go threadi ya gbo ọsọ.

ónyé ahụ bú ónyé ofe.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by kotv: 7:57am On Dec 02, 2018
ThatIjawBoy:
It's a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by FRESHG(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2018
Igbobyblood:
I'm a proud igbo man.

grin YORUBA MUSLIMS CAN NEVER DISAPPOINT ME. WE SABI UNA ANTICS WELLA cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 02, 2018
FRESHG:
grin YORUBA MUSLIMS CAN NEVER DISAPPOINT ME. WE SABI UNA ANTICS WELLA cheesy
my igbo brother let's forget those things and think of our Biafra
Let's not force people that don't want to join.

Biafra is IMO, enugu, Anambra, Abia and ebonyi state only.
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by FRESHG(m): 8:01am On Dec 02, 2018
Igbobyblood:
kpuchie ọnụ
HE JUS ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION IN IGBO LINGUA AND THE ONLY THING YOU COULD SAY IS KPUCHIE ONU grin BE PROUD OF YOUR ISLAMIC HERITAGE BRUH

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2018
ThatIjawBoy:
so you want to be in Biafra?
Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by kettykin: 8:05am On Dec 02, 2018
If ijaws will never agree to be biafrans is it Nigerians that they will agree to be

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Can Never Be Biafra - Ijaw Youths by Fatherofdragons: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2018
Igbobyblood:
my igbo brother let's forget those things and think of our Biafra
Let's not force people that don't want to join.

Biafra is IMO, enugu, Anambra, Abia and ebonyi state only.

Ónyé ébé ki wu?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: INEC Fails To Defend Declaration Of Oyetola As Osun Governor / Buhari Did Not Vote APC / Why Northerners Don’t Feature Prominently In Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.