Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Nas Is Not Nigerian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nas Is Not Nigerian (2806 Views)

Nas Is Dating A Billionaire Hot Chick / Opinion: Nas Is The Most Handsome Rapper Alive / Nas And Amy Winehouse (pics). Are They Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nas Is Not Nigerian by Princessty(f): 2:21am On Jul 30, 2010
Hey nairalanders Y Does Everyone on D Planet think Nas Is Nigerian I noe His Name Is Nigerian But Dat Doesnt Make Him Nigerian
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by Princessty(f): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2010
U must be crazy
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
and the world comes crashing down
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by OneCork: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2010
Nas is ugly,anyways.

He looks like one of those area boys
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by NaijaSisi(f): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2010
^no u know who looks like an area boy, konga aka money making machine, i just realised after watching one yoruba movie where one of the actors who was playing a tout looked like him

@post so is he Nigerian or not??
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by OneCork: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
Nas is my cousin. He lives just 20 mins away from me
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
He's from Queensbridge, NY
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by sjeezy8: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2010
duh
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by googles: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2010
Well Nasir olu dara jones sounds so yoruba to me
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by Princessty(f): 4:42am On Jul 31, 2010
but hes not dats d problem
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by newmusic: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2010
He has Nigerian ancestry, the family stuck to the name Olu dara so they can still keep their trace alive just like Neyo (Chimere).

Nas was born Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York. His father, Olu Dara, is a jazz and blues musician from Mississippi. His mother, Fannie Ann Jones, was a Postal Service worker. He has one sibling, a brother named Jabari Fret who assumes the alias Jungle. While his family lived in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Nas would play the trumpet on his home stoop at age four. His family moved to the Queensbridge Houses in the late 1970s. Nas began writing rhymes at the age of nine.His neighbor, Willy "Ill Will" Graham, influenced Nas's interest in hip hop by playing him records. Nas' parents divorced in 1985,[3] and he dropped out of school in the eighth grade. He educated himself, reading about African culture and civilization, the 360° Lessons of the Nubian Islamic Hebrews scrolls, the Bible and the Qur'an.
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by lajjy(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
[quote][/quote]

I think u gave a credible background on Nasir Jones. Big ups 2 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by bgees(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
That his dad has a Nigerian name does not mean he is Nigerian. Some AA adopted African names just to relate themselves with Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by mamagee3(f): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2010
Who Cares? undecided

He looks soooo thuggish to be Nigerian anyways.
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by tope3x(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2010
U better get something to do, NAS Is a Nigeria, believe it or not
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by blacksta(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2010
I know him - he is from my village. Okitipupa grin
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by Proverbalizer: 3:56am On Jan 07, 2019
bgees:
That his dad has a Nigerian name does not mean he is Nigerian. Some AA adopted African names just to relate themselves with Africa.

right, just like you people using names like Victor and Esther, Betty and Kenneth doesn't make you Oyibo, lol.

Nas is an American African with no direct link to Nigeria, but I say 8 out of 10 chance that at least one of his ancestors came from here
Re: Nas Is Not Nigerian by KingAzubuike(f): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
newmusic:
He has Nigerian ancestry, the family stuck to the name Olu dara so they can still keep their trace alive just like Neyo (Chimere).

Nas was born Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York. His father, Olu Dara, is a jazz and blues musician from Mississippi. His mother, Fannie Ann Jones, was a Postal Service worker. He has one sibling, a brother named Jabari Fret who assumes the alias Jungle. While his family lived in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Nas would play the trumpet on his home stoop at age four. His family moved to the Queensbridge Houses in the late 1970s. Nas began writing rhymes at the age of nine.His neighbor, Willy "Ill Will" Graham, influenced Nas's interest in hip hop by playing him records. Nas' parents divorced in 1985,[3] and he dropped out of school in the eighth grade. He educated himself, reading about African culture and civilization, the 360° Lessons of the Nubian Islamic Hebrews scrolls, the Bible and the Qur'an.
Having Nigerian ancestory doesn't make him a Nigerian. Even his dad was born and bred in the USA. The Olu Dara was only a name his dad adopted coz he felt his ancestors came from Africa during the slave trade and he traced them down to Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

2face And Annie’s Wedding Ring Cost $12,000, Ayiri Emami Splashes N20M On 2face / Lancelot Imasuen With Rudolph Walker And Charles "Chucky" Venn In London / Scary! 'ghost' Girl Spotted In Teenager's Snapchat Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.