Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie (25855 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by kaiosama(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
We need practical in Nigeria and not too much grammar. grammar takes us to nowhere!!!!!!!!!!, so to hell with their grammar.[b] English is another man's language and doesn't show intellectual capability of a human being.[/b]they just dey help oyibo people actualize their dream of making English language a world language. Nonsense!!!!!!!!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Kilode1: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
“I do not set out to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability”

Those words should be carved on some everlasting material and placed in a time capsule  grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin

Obahiagbon never change?  shocked shocked
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by deb(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2010
Obahiagbon is a disaster.
And I don't see what Okotie said that was 'outrageous' for an ordinary man to understand at least he communicated
and even told us the meaning of any 'big' grammar that came out of his mouth unlike Oga Patrick that seemed to have crammed all his
statements before coming out to make a fool of himself
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Bongoman1: 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2010
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by LadyDee1(f): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
Akosbaba:

These guys are going to be the first set of africans to create new words in the dictionary

No we are not! the grammer BOTH men are blowing are just words even the middle class/upper class British English people do not use, undecided embarassed

dlox01:

i think YOU have a long way to go. Just coz you dont understand what they say does not mean they are not correct/or speaking crap. To people that understand its music to thier ears and a joy to watch but to people like you its difficult and i think you should go upgrade your skills then you can place such a comment because you are the one that is ignorant
you analyse it, they understand you(1) understand themselves(2) understandz himself(3), u basically understand yourself(1), just step up!!!

Wrong again! i agree with the initial statement, as a public speaker and a representative for your state/country you should be clear and FULLY understood, wink
Meaning use laymans terms for the common people to comprehend the message you are trying to get across, otherwise, you stand the risk of confusing people with unnecessary grammer!!

Would your grandmother understand what this man said, or maybe your aunt or uncle?  undecided
Even the highly educated will be a little confused as to what he is on about! embarassed

Unfortunatly, some 9ja people feel the need to blow grammer to say something so simple and to the point and end up making a fool of themselves in the process, it doesnt show you are smart or HIGHLY EDUCATEED, it shows you have a lack of understanding in the art of communication in particular with the public, hence you cannot EVER properly engage with them because they NEVER understand you. undecided undecided sad angry

The 'normal' working class Nigerian would not have know 'culpability' meant responsibility or lugubrious simply meant sad, Yet Obahiagbon felt the need to use such words! He is showing his weaknesses instead of his strengths,
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Bongoman1: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2010
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by whiteroses(f): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
lets not abuse him that much,  abi is he as embarassing as ghana presido? who rem house of rep in the 90's they use to yawn, patrick has brought some life, rejoice!  cheesy
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irw3pT3S9cs&hl=en_US&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by bawomolo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2010
B: So in essence, what challenge are you giving to your other colleagues?

O: Sactas Simplicitas. They must avoid regular big stouting , suyaing , big stouting and peppersouping. Those are not the real issues. They must be prepared to immerse themselves in societal dialectics. They must put their nose to the grind stone. Chief Obafemi Awolowo the ikene philosopher said the difference between me and my other colleagues, was that when my other colleagues are cavorting in the dark alleys, I am in my library working myself 19 to the dozen.

You cannot succeed in life if you are not disciplined. You must be puritanical in your
predisposition, you must engage in an exercise of self purification and mortification, you must engage in an exercise of self abnegation, you must engage in an exercise of spiritual emulation. You must discipline the flesh. You must conquer the flesh. You must allow the spiritual aspect of you preponderate the material aspect, especially when you have been chosen to represent the people. So that at the end of the day, you can really say: vendi, vidi, vicki

B: what is the meaning of that?

O: I came, I saw, I conquered.

dead this man is a legend. he needs to speak at the UN at least once.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Meldrick(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
Pastor Okotie,

Will I have to carry a bible and dictionary to church? grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by occam(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2010
How did this comedian (Patrick Obahiagbon) get elected to represent people who do not understand what he's saying? This underscores the comic state of Nigerian politics.

The guy seems to spend is time reading the English dictionary only. My goodness!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Spyker: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2010
paraphase:

NaWa 4u ooo, Wetin concern their  wives and children with  their grama? or maybe we shuld pity your wife(maybe wives) and children for getting things wrong  cool

Wetin concern agbero with overload. Abeg leave me alone to say my mind, do you carry dictionary in your head to understand what they say? Hypocrite
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Tolulop001(f): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2010
that honorable dan dey kolo. fallacious jagbajantis ko, idiot ni
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by An0nimus: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
Though the Man's simply gone over the top on this one.Its good to always have someone that brings a comic relief.My cousin enjoys watching the House of reps when they in session 'specially when 'Mr grammatics' is around.
The pepper souping part really cracked me up.bet He'l use 'yakubuing' one of these dayz.lol
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by xterra2(m): 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
People pls replay the first video and go to 02:52
This man is on a different level
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Mudley313: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2010
i nor fit die of lafter, this patrick guy takes it hands down wit a classic end to the vid
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Smi1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
hmm I'm impress but as a matter of fact they ain't communicating at all, how on earth would address a congregation with such hefty words !!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by CGKing(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2010
This senator Patrick just pisses me off. Speaking useless grammar that he and his listeners can comprehend. This is supposed to be a platform to inpire his colleagues, inspire change in our nation. If he wants to be an entertainer, he should leave.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2010
Abeg, where Nollywood and dem  comedy producers dey? they really need  these guyz ooo grin

How about a movie call Grammar War starring  Hon. Patrick, Sam Loco and Pastor Chris, that would be a killer comedy grin grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by damilola15: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
mcheeeeeeeeeewwwwwww, just so they could appear brilliant/intelligent, they cram some words from the dictionary at night and pour it out at day.

Even if not in English, the best way to communicate with people is to express yourself in simple terms/words.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by obinna5000(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
I do not set out to deposit my audience in a portmanteau of indecipherability

That word is not used correctly in the sentence. Na wa for Hon. Patrick. grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Ltrust(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2010
My Mama asked me what this man was saying: I replied "I don't know" I don't understand".
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by ebogentle(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
Say you are receiving an emergency call from me. Would you like to hear me say "My house is on fire" or would you rather have me say "A colossal conflagration is masticating my domiciliary edifice"

No further comment lipsrsealed
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Africanson: 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
Hon. Pat is a nice man. That's his way of life.

Please get your own life!!!.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Acidosis(m): 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2010
**death**
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by efoghorjos: 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2010
What Nigeria needs now is not grammar but a sense of national loyalty, purposeful and directional leadership and technocracy. A concoction of English and Latin will not put foods on our tables.
What is the essence of the grammar if even a university graduate would not understand you. They should be schooled in the institution of simple sentences or simplified communication.
http://politicalfield..com
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by eldee(m): 12:33am On Jul 31, 2010
Pastor Chris needs to augment his manipulation of the language to an articulated verbose rendition that can be unequivocally juxtaposed with the level of Obihiagbon's indecipherability.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Enigma(m): 12:44am On Jul 31, 2010
They are both idiots.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Acidosis(m): 12:54am On Jul 31, 2010
eldee:

Pastor Chris needs to augment his manipulation of the language to an articulated verbose rendition that can be unequivocally juxtaposed with the level of Obihiagbon's indecipherability.
nonsensical higgledy-piggledy
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by misterh(m): 3:33am On Jul 31, 2010
efoghorjos:

What Nigeria needs now is not grammar but a sense of national loyalty, purposeful and directional leadership and technocracy. A concoction of English and Latin will not put foods on our tables.
What is the essence of the grammar if even a university graduate would not understand you. They should be schooled in the institution of simple sentences or simplified communication.
http://politicalfield..com
Seconded.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by Hardballer(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2010
in the words of peter pan,
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by xterra2(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
obinna5000:

That word is not used correctly in the sentence. Na wa for Hon. Patrick. grin
Oh it is i check the apple dictionary and re-read the question and answer (he gave that at an interview) and he used it perfectly
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie by 9jafreak: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
[size=16pt]Or in Biblical terms:

"Now as he thus made his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are beside yourself! Much learning is driving you mad!”
--Acts 26:24 (NKJV)[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Acting President, Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting In Aso Rock (Photos) / NSA Knew About $43.4m, NIA Boss Oke Tells Panel / Tinubu CSU Certificate: Time For All Nigerians To Speak Up" - Deacon Afolabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.