Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Do You Have A Compelling Back Story? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Do You Have A Compelling Back Story? (364 Views)

Investing In Gold Bullion — A Compelling Choice For Wealth Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Compelling Back Story? by Dalighieri: 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
I have heard so much about the Japanese Sake alcoholic drink, being a sampler of all things alcoholic one day while having lunch at a popular Japanese themed restaurant which is a favourite of mine (Waga mama)I decided to do the lord's bidding and try the drink.I was taken aback at how similar the taste was to our Nigerian ogogoro.

So when someone asked why Sake drink from Japan,
Rice wine from China are doing well but our own indigenous Palmwine and ogogoro isn't achieving the same positive traction.I contributed that its all in the back story and how the product is perceived by the wider market demographic.

It is the same thing with your start up and how potential investors view and aggregate the traction it has achieved.

How formidable,compelling,intriguing and captivating is the back story behind Ogogoro/Palm wine as a product or business that would appeal to a non Nigerian/Non African?

If you pick any Chinese,Japanese food or Drink they will conveniently regale you with a back story dating back to the Shang,zhou,Sui dynasty which draws in a potential already intrigued by the rich and compelling historical exegesis.

Packaging,pricing,logistics etc all come AFTER you have carefully built a rich story around your start up, product.
When I discovered John Obidi's FB Group,the first thing I did was to check out his back story ,how he started and gradually scaled up as an influencer, that appealed to me more than any achievement he has or rich resume.How many big people both home and abroad have you deliberately googled their back story,bought their memoirs/biography just to see how they started and how the values that shaped them and their world view impacted their business?think about it.

Have you noticed many eateries all have the same story narrating how they inherited recipes from their mum or grandma, that is a compelling story.

Even our Nigerian artistes sell their brand with a compelling story, from Olamide Baddo to Wizkid etc will often remind you of their journey from the ghetto to the high life and success.That compelling back story endears more fans to them that the actual quality of their songs.That is the power of a back story in a start up/product launch/marketing.

Please develop a compelling,believable,captivating back story for your start up today.It WILL determine the tenuous link between getting another rejection from potential investors who feel a disconnect to what you are offering, and an investor who is emotionally swept along with your story.
Happy Sunday folks, do have a great one
#fundamentalsofstartupfoundraising
#moneytalks
#igniteyoursidehustle
#ubuntuafrikkabusinesssolutions

(1) (Reply)

My Ssl Certificate Isnt Working [cloudflare] / . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.