Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

"The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw (521 Views)

How Much Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Made From The Fight Last Night / Joshua: I'll Fight Tyson Fury Or Deontay Wilder Without The Belts / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by Gisthoodng(m): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2018
Tyson Fury has said he deserved points to win over Deontay Wilder after being forced to settle for a draw.

"The world knows the truth. I thought I won the fight. I thought I should have took the belt home."

Tyson Fury declared that the 'world knows the truth' after he was denied the WBC heavyweight title in a draw with Deontay Wilder.

Fury overcame two knockdowns, somehow clambering up from the canvas in the 12th, and reacted with dismay after the three judges made it a split decision draw in Los Angeles.

He had earlier frustrated Wilder with his jab and a succession of accurate right hands, but the American's late attack salvaged his WBC belt on the scorecards.

"I'm what you call a professional athlete, who loves to box," Fury told BT Sport Box Office.

"Slip and slide, show my skill, 6ft9 and 260lbs.

"I don't know anybody on the planet who could move like that.

"That man is a fearsome puncher, butI avoided his shots tonight.

"Listen, I'm not going to take anything from Wilder, he's a great champion and a great man. I thank him for the opportunity.

"The world knows the truth. I thought I won the fight. I thought I should have took the belt home."

See more;http://www.mysportdab.com/2018/12/tyson-fury-furious-over-judges-decision.html

cc Lalasticlala

Re: "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by IamPlato(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
Buhari look At What You Have Caused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by amaniro: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
shocked

All these disgrace to black nation. Like Tyson, like bolt

Re: "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by MJBOLT: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2018
fury sef fvck up,he should have gone for the kill instead he was trying to outbox wilder,old man ortiz went for the kill and almost sent wilder to dreamland
Re: "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by BonkoINC: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
You were lucky to get a draw nigga..

Cus u shud have lost the game .. truth hurts.
Re: "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by haywire07(m): 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2018
Truth is, Fury is excited he at least drew the match

1 Like

Re: "The World Knows The Truth, Thought I Won The Fight" - Tyson Fury Reacts To Draw by okwabayi(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
Me? I’m yet to watch the match. Thank God I recorded it.
From what I read here Tyson won the bout. However boxing is a business and as such money is the main aim. A draw will make more people buy tickets for the rematch, allow the loser [Wilder] correct his mistakes to give a better show and ultimately prove the better man out of the two.
A real champion never lets his guard down so it’ll reflect badly on Fury to slack off for the next match.
See how the draw card sold well for Álvarez/Golovkin. I’m sure it’ll do the same here.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING! Luka Modric Wins 2018 Ballon D'or Award!! [full Winners List] / Free Daily Sure Odds App, Download And Win Daily / Why Premier League Referee Mike Dean Will Want To Send Off A Player When Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.