Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Remote To Daily Commute - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Remote To Daily Commute (305 Views)

She Asked For Tv Remote To Watch Bbnaija At A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remote To Daily Commute by XoloHan: 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
There’s been a paradigm shift in my mode of work. For three years I’ve worked remotely as a front end developer at da-manager ltd, but it all changed with the company’s decision of getting a full fledged branch here in my city.

My initial reaction was “nooooooooooo”, because I loved working remotely. Who doesn’t love to?

I could wear briefs all day, work from the bed or work from the death star (my workstation) , I could work from a friends place, watch comedy central all day and decide to complete my tasks at night. The pros seem endless, I even had a blog post in the works titled “the pros and pros of working remotely”. Yep you read that right pros and pros. But I could never complete it because as much as I had all day to myself at home, my time management skills sucked on a multiversal level. I procrastinated a lot, the day seemed shorter every single day.

My work was suffering, my blog was suffering, my relationship with friends was also suffering (it’s about to get on a whole new level of suffering tho). NEPA didn’t help matters either and mum could pick up her phone anytime and “hey son I need you to come do this”.. and I’m like its 12 noon mum I’m at work, and then she’s like but you are at home..and I’m like “@#%@$##” .. she never seemed to get the remote thingy…

Back to the post, in the midst of all pros I noticed all the cons above and much more so I keyed into the office decision because I knew working with a specific time path or schedule could do me some good and alas I was right. At the end of the days work I can now work on my pet projects (the force css framework), write a blog post, think of random stuff or just lazy about waiting for the next day..lol

So I supervised the setup of the office space and integration of the other remote staff we had working around in Warri.. setup is about 70% done , still have the custom wall arts , embossed wall logo and insignia pending for delivery. But what the heck we resumed anyways..

Here’s a little gallery of what we have done so far

source: https://blog.hanxolo.com/remote-to-daily-commute/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Help::am About To Sack Ma 50k Bauss And Go Into Blogging! / Tired Of Struggling For Transport To Work Daily? / 15 Habits Of Extremely Happy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.