Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari (4203 Views)

Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Chairs Destroyed As Portable Gets Into A Fight During Show In Ogun State / Dangote Gets N309.9bn Tax Credit For Constructing 275km Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by IamTheAnswers: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
News around Abuja have it that billionaire businessman, Aliko Dangote is undergoing a major challenge with the buhari-led administration over massive debt it owes the Federal Government, Societynow reports.

The development has placed the richest man in Africa on the verge of losing almost N1.3 trillion.

Details available revealed the hefty fund is estimated taxes the wealthy Nigerian is believed to owe the government.

It was gathered that Dangote through his Dangote Group enjoyed pioneered tax relief advantages and economic concessions in some of his business undertakings.

The Buhari administration claims the “reliefs and economic concessions” granted by past administration were beyond normal and is pushing for payment in areas it deemed the arrangement “hurt and is hurting the state”.

Insiders disclose that the Buhari administration has not singled out Dangote for this treatment, as other wealthy Nigerians are also under the radar.

Further details reveal that the billionaire and his team are currently negotiating with the government to “come to a mutually beneficial arrangement” in the situation at hand.

“The matter is being handled discreetly by the Dangote team for obvious reasons”.

Multiple sources agree the implication of pulling out N1.3trillion payment out of the billionaire’s Dangote Group will certainly leave more than a telling impression.

President Buhari is said to view the case with Dangote as one of the major steps to revamp the nation’s ailing economy.

http:///9ee6f8f5_ng
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by IamTheAnswers: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
Responsible government.

Carry first

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by ChopBellefull(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
Well, if this new is true, then this calls for some accolades to d Dullard . But i doubt it, ds z election period and d dullard no go wan fxck up

1 Like

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
Am yet to see a real successful businessman who id not owing one financial institution or the other ..

Sometimes I tell people I think is normal.

Nevertheless, learn to pay up your debt.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by Topccy007z: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dangote....pay ya tax

Meanwhile I can't still feel the tension the op is talking about

1 Like

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by indiegen: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
? Buhari will not fight Dangote at this crucial period.. if you are asking how relevant is dangote to the emergence of successive government check your archives wipe the files if it is covered in dust

2 Likes

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by teekay213(m): 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
If this is true and I see dangote behind bars,i will vote for jubril sorry buhari 2019
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by okomile(f): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nothing will be heard again.
Na naija we dey.

Ghana must go bags will surely go round.

Let us know when he pays.

3 Likes

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by lastmanstandn(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2018
Nothing is happen till mid next year, after the election.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by nrexzy: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
Correct they must all remit to the govt
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by gaby(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hmmm..

Way to go. If the government can get most of the emergency billionaires to stop evading taxes, we'd have solved one of our major problems as a nation and ensuring the remitted funds are not cornered by the usual rogues.

Bubu has got his weaknesses and eff ups but he sure means well for the country.

2 Likes

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by januzaj(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dangote has been evading tax from time immemorial and has been having his way round the all system thanks to the corrupt nature of our useless leaders.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by buhariguy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
Only the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist that thinks buhari is their problem,
Buhari is for the masses

1 Like

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by netpro(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
The only Tension I see "everywhere" is the one on the OP head grin grin grin
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by TheAntagonist(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
buhariguy:
Only the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist that thinks buhari is their problem,
Buhari is for the masses

I always wanted to believe that you had a little education but your post says otherwise.

Are you a child?

Stupid fellow

undecided

1 Like

Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by biosilicon: 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
mtcheww. rubbish.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by helinues: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dangote, returns our yam
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by deboysben(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
Their Headache
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
What so special about this.... It was known that dangote hasnt been paying tax na..... Since he was building refinery for the politicians he was asked to stop officially.... Its not as if he was evading taxes.... So da one no join sef.... Whats more important is what is done with the money.... Or will dangote's tax start feeding all the hungry nigerians or create jobs.... This is not really important to me... Buhari seems more focused on stopping them from looting than creating better conditions... The two dont go together
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by KwaraRat: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
President Buhari is said to view the case with Dangote as one of the major steps to revamp the nation’s ailing economy.

By taxing companie to death so they can have more money to stel for themselves?
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by EarthXmetahuman: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
fake news everywhere
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
Socialimbic is a Social Media Marketing & Online Reputation Monitoring platform.

We help our clients get more fans, followers, & customers.

Our cutting edge social media tools and business solutions will grow your business online AND in-store. Turn your online presence into a hub that attracts new and existing customers. With our engaging deals, sweepstakes, and online shopping solutions, you’ll always have something to promote that your customers want all while growing your email marketing list.

Please register here: www.socialimbic.com/signup

When registering on our website, select "Rowland Jumbo" as the Sales representative who recommended you.

It's free to use our tools.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by Lipscomb(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
Buhari for 2019 no shaking let those rogue continue whala themselves.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by Dandy52: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
If it's true, I hail FG for this one.
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by bossvinqualad25(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2018
Venza,2012 model black colour is available at a give away price of 6.5m check my signature for contact.location lagos
Re: Tension Everywhere As Dangote Gets Into Deep Trouble With Buhari by Roon9(m): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
Well if dangote is appropriately taxed and fined especially based on the hazards from his trucks, I bet he won't even make top 5 richest in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Good News For Electricity Consumers In Nigeria / Nigerians Are Currently Dragging Sunday Igboho Over Controversial Twitt. / BREAKING: Residents Jubilate As ESN Restore Normalcy Orsu (video}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.