Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

My Experience And How Backing Up Helped Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Experience And How Backing Up Helped Me (590 Views)

I Helped My Friend Fix Her Wordpress Website And This Is What She Said! / The Step-by-step Guide To Backing Up Your Wordpress Website / Webmasters Please Help Me. You Will Be Helped Always Anytime You Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience And How Backing Up Helped Me by Rnscope45(m): 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
As far as tech commandments go, regular site backups, is a commandment that ranks high.

If you read my previous posts about the Samsung Galaxy S10, you’ll probably wonder where it disappeared to after viewing the homepage.

So I was manually editing the theme files using the theme editor, without backing up the theme data first as usual (which is a very bad idea). Thing is I made a mistake and was unable to recollect the original value of what I was editing and BOOM! My theme was broken.

Initially, I was filled with fear and wondered what to do. I mean, how can a blog not yet 2 months old suffer such a fate. Luckily, I then remembered that I previously set up an end of the month, automatic, regular site backup plan using Updraft Plus. I was able to recover my site within few minutes and was up and running again.

Though I lost the few posts I posted from December 1st, half bread is better than none and trust me, this bread is way more than half!

Source:
https://rnscope45.com/technology/tech-misc/regular-site-backups-how-are-they-helpful/

(1) (Reply)

Approved And Functional Adsense Account Needed / How You Revert Your Current Wordpress Version To A Previous Version / If I Manually Close My Adsense Account Will Google Still Pay Me My Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.