Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 (30263 Views)

Lukas Nmecha Wanted By Nigeria / Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by Sensation55(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2018
IneedSugarMumy1:
Snijder, Iniesta, Xavi, Ribery, Paul schools, Gigs,

They all deserve it
Oya carry go giv dem na
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by frankmoney(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
vickydevoka:

That s ur own take. I have giving you mine. #To score gaol no be say u sabi play ball
oga modric can not be rated alongside c Ronaldo . It's not just happening. So modric play pass Ronaldo ? Wonderful , na your type go say mbappe play pass Messi because he won the worldcup

1 Like

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by frankmoney(m): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Talk is cheap.

Modric is best player in the world currently.

of course he is currently but for that guy to rate him with cr7 is an insult , this is his last balloon d'or
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by UprightEvil: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
Even Kizz Daniel was supporting Ronaldo up there. Wow!!!
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by Topmaike007(m): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2018
PhenomenalAustin:

Wesley Sneijder and Ribery comes to mind angry angry
now dey know balon dor is not about scoring goals but only Team work.. modric was the engine room of madrid winning champions league and concerning sneijder loosing out on Messi then,av you forgotten that Steph blatter was FIFA president then and a Messi fan,so now dey are correcting the useless mistake dey committed then..

1 Like

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by Topmaike007(m): 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2018
Bhol28:
I wander what criteria was used to make this decision,very poor
what criteria dey use when cannivaro won it ahead Ronaldinho 2006?if you give me geniu reason,I will accept he don't merit it...

1 Like

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by infogenius(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2018
CoolAmbience:

I am an Arsenal fan...I mean for over 20 years.

Henry couldn't have been awarded ahead of Ronaldinho that year. Please, quit with the sentiment.

I guess you were one of those that wished that the 2005 U20 world cup MVP was awarded to John Obi Mikel at the expense of Lionel Messi. Can you now see the difference between the duo?

It is Modric....it's Modric and he deserves it.

Ur opinion friend, that's y we are different with a common passion.
The Love of the round leather game called soccer.
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by KissnThel: 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2018
Topmaike007:
now dey know balon dor is not about scoring goals but only Team work.. modric was the engine room of madrid winning champions league and concerning sneijder loosing out on Messi then,av you forgotten that Steph blatter was FIFA president then and a Messi fan,so now dey are correcting the useless mistake dey committed then..

lets talk about engine room...stevie G was liverpools engine room 2005...andrea pirlo ac milan/italy in 2007, where are d awards...
the award is political simple

1 Like

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by johnad3(m): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
Fifa and french magazine are most useless entity in the world and i dont blame most why? They allow Madrid to influence their decision to down fall cristiano ronaldo all bcus he dropped madrid for Juve. When Ramos and co were complaining when cr7 left them, what should Man utd do? Modric score only 2goals and 2 assist and first rounners up at the world cup and he was crowned best in the world. na wa oooo. some real.madrid fans are getting mad at cr7 all bcus he drop them and they ve forgotten he has to show appreciation to juve fans who applauded him in UCL when he scored against them. CR7 has class he has shown to them that he cant be tied down, and hes replicating his form at Juve. HOW many legend has madrid celebrated for long? They mess them up at the end and my Golden boy is bigger than that. CR7 all the way. if fifa fail to regconize him

1 Like

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by jaxxy(m): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2018
IneedSugarMumy1:
Snijder, Iniesta, Xavi, Ribery, Paul schools, Gigs,

They all deserve it

Its based on ur overall performance during the year in view. Messi and Ronaldo dropped in their performance and modric did quite well.
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by princeade86(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2018
marvin906:
they should apologize to sneijder,iniesta,xavi,griezman this award is the joke of the century .
who among all those players won golden ball at the world cup. that is where midric success started from
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by princeade86(m): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
marvin906:
they should apologize to sneijder,iniesta,xavi,griezman this award is the joke of the century .
who among all those players won golden ball at the world
cup. that is where midric success started from
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by ahjerryboy1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
modric doesn't deserve this ballon to me its scam Rinaldo or griezman deserve the gallon, neither modric
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by cr7lomo: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
I can't believe what I'm reading here
How can modric be better than cr7 and messi
Can you guarantee that real madrid will win the champions league unlike last season when ronaldo was still there
I can't put my money on madrid again even as a madrid fan because that thing is full of shit
Takeaway ronaldos 15 goals last season and madrid would have been knocked out of the champions league during the knockout stage
The madrid team was awful last season but ronaldo's goals kept them alive
How can you now tell me that modric is better than ronaldo
The same croatia that was disgraced by france in the finals
That creation team would have lost to uruguay in the finals as well
I don't think it is right 2 georgia player in a seven game tournament compared to a full season of about 60 games a season
That award was crap and ronaldo is simply the best

1 Like

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by vroy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2018
fergie001:

Votes can be skewed.....they know how they do these things....check 2010 crisis.....
yes it can, but if Messi got highest vote LM won't be at no5 position
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by CoolAmbience(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
infogenius:

Ur opinion friend, that's y we are different with a common passion.
The Love of the round leather game called soccer.

You are right bro.

But the authority in the game has spoken.

Let's bury our hatchets in the interest of the beautiful game.
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by GetCofOProperty: 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
CoolAmbience:

You are right bro.

But the authority in the game has spoken.

Let's bury our hatchets in the interest of the beautiful game.

Modric is a very fine player. But he is not worth winning anything beyond the World Cup most valuable player because of his little shine in the 1 month tournament. Not at all where there are players who had laboured all season to earn the performance statistics they have garnered for themselves

Check my signature below to know more of the property options & promos for you to key into. Visit our office @Awoyaya or Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046.

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by nagalee(m): 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2018
lesbiconverter:
Neymar Rollon D'floor grin
cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by CoolAmbience(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2018
GetCofOProperty:

Modric is a very fine player. But he is not worth winning anything beyond the World Cup most valuable player because of his little shine in the 1 month tournament. Not at all where there are players who had laboured all season to earn the performance statistics they have garnered for themselves

Check my signature below to know more of the property options & promos for you to key into. Visit our office @Awoyaya or Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046.

Na u sabi.

U fit go court if you no still gree.

The guy don collect the award and e deserve am.
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by frankmoney(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
jaxxy:

Its based on ur overall performance during the year in view. Messi and Ronaldo dropped in their performance and modric did quite well.
Ronaldo never dropped in performance this year bro
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by frankmoney(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
GetCofOProperty:

exactly
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by fergie001: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
vroy:
yes it can, but if Messi got highest vote LM won't be at no5 position
Perhaps, Perhaps not..
The French were already stoking emotions as a result of their world cup win, French football jas a large stake in the balon d' or...
Messi had a dismal world cup.....Ronaldo on his own had the best singular individual performance in that world cup(maybe excepting Mbappe)...
UEFA on their own were trying to correct the Sneijder/Iniesta incident of 2010,it was a farce...perhaps the worst of it all..Modric infact said same about the contriversies surrounding 2010.....so Balon d'or had always had its controversies....Ronaldinho/Henry in 2004 and so on...
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by williamdeluxe(m): 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2018
Chai...Neymar won d ballon d floor

Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
Balon d'or is about performance, messi did well in the league and cup but not in UCL and world cup. Modric and ronaldo were teammates in real madrid yet modric won the champions league best player, world club cup, fifa best player and world cup best player ahead of ronaldo. Football is not just goals. There is no player this year that deserve more than modric.
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by MegaStarr(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2018
lastempero:
If you are an ardent follower of these awards you will know that performance at worldcup always determines who wins the next available award.

If this is consistently the case, why did Messi clinch the award in 2010 and Ronaldo in 2014? Both men were not exceptional in the respective tournaments.
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by vroy(m): 11:01am On Dec 05, 2018
fergie001:

Perhaps, Perhaps not..
The French were already stoking emotions as a result of their world cup win, French football jas a large stake in the balon d' or...
Messi had a dismal world cup.....Ronaldo on his own had the best singular individual performance in that world cup(maybe excepting Mbappe)...
UEFA on their own were trying to correct the Sneijder/Iniesta incident of 2010,it was a farce...perhaps the worst of it all..Modric infact said same about the contriversies surrounding 2010.....so Balon d'or had always had its controversies....Ronaldinho/Henry in 2004 and so on...
Absolutely right bro, but me sef Don tire of LM n CR but would prefer AG to LM
Re: Fans React To Lukas Modric Winning Ballon D'or 2018 by fergie001: 11:06am On Dec 05, 2018
vroy:
Absolutely right bro, but me sef Don tire of LM n CR but would prefer AG to LM
AG talks more than he plays.......
I was angered by his comments on the ballon d'Or...
Wetin e don play sef?
The French victory was a collective victory,they had the best team perhaps excepting Belgium though I must admit they stuck close together....
But this season should have been Ronaldo and they know that!

Ask yourself...what is happening after the world cup,is it still not Ronaldo and Messi?
No mind them jhoo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBA Drafts 8 Nigerian Players For The First Time In History / NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.