Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,502 members, 7,958,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:18 PM

Alleged N6.3bn: I Won’t Honour Efcc’s Invitation — Jang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N6.3bn: I Won’t Honour Efcc’s Invitation — Jang (220 Views)

Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello / Christopher Orji Commits Suicide After EFCC Invitation / Alleged N6.3bn Fraud: I’ve High Blood Pressure, Jang Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alleged N6.3bn: I Won’t Honour Efcc’s Invitation — Jang by zakim(m): 6:04am On Dec 04, 2018
A former governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang, yesterday said he would not honour the invitation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission asking him to report to its Kano office on December 5 for allegedly misappropriating N6.3 billion when he was governor.

In a statement yesterday by his media consultant, Clinton Garuba, Jang said he had written to the commission urging it to pick another date in January, 2019.

He said he took the decision to turn down the invitation because he was under trial in Jos having been charged to court by the same commission.

He said: “And the matter is expected to commence definite hearing around the date of the invitation. To be sure, it is baffling how the EFCC expects the serving senator to be in two places at the same time since he does not possess any psychic abilities.”

Jang clarified that the invitation was unconnected with a report alleging that the commission had traced a mansion worth N500 million to him.

He said: “The property located at No. 8 and 9 Gobarau Road, Unguwan Rimi GRA, Kaduna state does not belong to Senator Jang, and this is not the first time the commission would investigate its ownership.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/alleged-n6-3bn-i-wont-honour-efccs-invitation-jang.html
Re: Alleged N6.3bn: I Won’t Honour Efcc’s Invitation — Jang by Clakyvip: 6:10am On Dec 04, 2018
Progress.

(1) (Reply)

The Entrepreneurial Fair For Ex-agitators Held In Port Harcourt / Oby Ezekwesili Articulates The Best Path Forward. But Does It Matter? / Peace Accord Signing: I Wasn’t Invited, Atiku Gives Reason For Absence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.