Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined (2576 Views)

Peter Obi: Catholic Church Disowns Priest Preaching Against Soludo And APGA / Enugu Catholic Diocese Disowns Fr Mbaka's Attack On Peter Obi / Breaking: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Ejike Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Gistpeeps: 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2018

The Catholic Church has distanced itself from the Spiritual Director of the Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, over his perceived politically charged statements.

In a video that has since gone viral, Mbaka was seen telling the vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, during the annual harvest and bazaar celebration of the church on Sunday, that neither the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, nor President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, would win the 2019 presidential election.

Addressing Obi in Igbo, Mbaka said, “(Former) governor, listen, so that we won’t be deceiving God. As you are standing in the presence of these children of God, tell God what you will do for Him. It means you don’t want to do anything for God.

“Let me believe in fear, but this is a political statement. God hates stinginess. What I am saying is not for your pleasure. I am saying what will save your life, otherwise you and Atiku will fail. The way you and Atiku are moving will end in shame.”

But the Director of Communications, Catholic Diocese of Enugu, Rev. Fr. Benjamin Achi, in an interview with The PUNCH, said the diocese was not in support of the cleric’s remarks.

When asked if Mbaka was still a member of the diocese, Achi said, “He is.”

He, however, noted that it was wrong for priests to make political statements from the pulpit.

Achi said, “The diocese is not in support of any priest making political statements.

“The church is supposed to be apolitical and the Bishops’ conference has said that repeatedly.

“We are not supposed to make any political statements from the pulpit within the context of Mass, that is, church service.

“So, it would be wrong to stand at the pulpit to make any political statements.

“There is a document issued by the Bishops’ conference to that effect.

“So, he just spoke on his own, not representing the diocese.”

“We are not expected to come out openly to support a particular candidate for any reason. The church law does not accept such a thing. So, it would be wrong for anybody (priest) to come out and give an endorsement to a particular candidate.”

Achi noted that if necessary, disciplinary action against Mbaka would be carried out by the priest’s administrative head.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/breaking-catholic-church-disowns-mbaka-says-he-might-be-disciplined.html
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by pink67(f): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
He should be defrocked ASAP. He has failed the church and what it stands for.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by TheFreeOne: 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2018
Its long overdue.

The fraudulent priest's name often reminds me of a particular fishing community in akwa ibom named ibaka and a chatty bird with same name.

He's a disgrace to Christianity and shame to catholic church.

Wasn't same dude accused to be against GEJ in 2015 cos he couldn't secured an oil licence from the then FG?

It's better the church de-robes him before its too late.

Yeye pastorpreneurs / god of men parading themselves to be men of God keeps polluting the altars and leading many of their gullible followers to hell.
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by seborrhic: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
That man does not belong to the catholic church.
He is at best a new generation,riches seeking,miracle conjuring,fame seeking,pentecostal pastor,dressed in catholic robes.
He should leave all pretences to being a reverend father that is supposed to live a simple life and embrace his money loving,power seeking/influence peddling,fame glorifying calling,alien to a true catholic priest.
The catholic church has tolerated his excesses for too long that he now sees himself as a movement of his own.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Nwaikuku2(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2018
I salute my daddy~ Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka. He is a the only fearless ,courageous mouthpiece of God and the only man of God in Nigeria that doesn't fear face regardless of your position. The truth they say bitters. I will always stand by him till tomorrow cos i believe his ememies could have kill him long a ago if God wasn't with him. IF GOD IS WITH YOU, NOBODY CAN BE AGAINST YOU!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Racoon(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2018
Mbaka have overstayed his welcome in the Catholic church and as a priest.Let him put off the cassock and wear the garb of the politicians.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by TheFreeOne: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
Nwaikuku2:
I salute my daddy~ Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka. He is a the only fearless ,courageous mouthpiece of God and the only man of God in Nigeria that doesn't fear face regardless of your position. The truth they say bitters. I will always stand by him till tomorrow cos i believe his ememies could have kill him long a ago if God wasn't with him. IF GOD IS WITH YOU, NOBODY CAN BE AGAINST YOU!

A typical sheppie...SMH

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2018
seborrhic:
That man does not belong to the catholic church.
He is at best a new generation,riches seeking,miracle conjuring,fame seeking,pentecostal pastor,dressed in catholic robes.
He should leave all pretences to being a reverend father that is supposed to live a simple life and embrace his money loving,power seeking/influence peddling,fame glorifying calling,alien to a true catholic priest.
The catholic church has tolerated his excesses for too long that he now sees himself as a movement of his own.

I posit that the church tolerates him this much despite any misgivings because of money, lol.
He has a whole flock of people who still identify as catholic in his ministry. Losing him means losing this demographic of people
I also suppose that he still makes parishian returns to the diocese and that this is substantial
Why else would the church associate with this person, who clearly should not be part of them? . He should have been excommunicated since
He even occasionally issues threats to the bishop and church in general cheesy
He is a necessary evil I suppose
This crude man with a very bad voice (especially singing) and cringe-worthy antics/theatrics both of which which I absolutely cannot stand

I am not religious but I was born catholic so I still have a soft spot for the peaceful, serene, soul- focused church that I used to know before “this horror” happened to it. Capuchin priests still uphold these elements cool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by AK481(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
TheFreeOne:
Its long overdue.

The fraudulent priest's name often reminds me of a particular fishing community in akwa ibom named ibaka and a chatty bird with same name.

He's a disgrace to Christianity and shame to catholic church.

Wasn't same dude accused to be against GEJ in 2015 cos he couldn't secured an oil licence from the then FG?

It's better the church de-robes him before its too late.

Yeye pastorpreneurs / god of men parading themselves to be men of God keeps polluting the altars and leading many of their gullible followers to hell.

Our fear is that mbaka might start up his own ministry.he single handledly built the new adoration ground after he was sent packing from the old ground by the bishop.

This is dicey.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by zombieHUNTER: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
Nwaikuku2:

Freeze... I can now see what you mean by free the sheeple

Damn

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by zombieHUNTER: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2018
AK481:

Our fear is that mbaka might start up his own ministry.he single handledly built the new adoration ground after he was sent packing from the old ground by the bishop.

This is dicey.

Let him start his ministry... Asap
Who cares... That way he can only disgrace himself and his new ministry

Right now... He is disgracing the church

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Corrinthians(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kikikiki.

E pain them.

When will they discipline Mathew Kukah?

Let me guess, whenever he's seen cheering APC. cheesy

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Corrinthians(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
Watch, the same bastards that supported Oyedepo and wanted to read the entire Bible to us on what a sacrilege it is to insult a "man of god", will be the ones insulting Mbaka. grin

Politics sweet die. Don't just put too much emotions into it. But pdp thugs will never listen. You do yours I do mine, everyone is happy! grin

You love the afonja, we love the pig. Simple! grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by xynerise: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2018
Fingers crossed
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Timatayo1: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2018
That Man called mbaka is very arrogance that types of person should not call Man of God
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by oilyngbati(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
Father Mbaka belongs to yorigba Pentecostal churches. That’s where they deceive their members into paying for pastors’ extravagant ways of lives.
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by TheFreeOne: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2018
AK481:

This is dicey.

So the catholic church will continue to tolerate his antics for the filthy lucre he generates and his large followership.

Anyway hasn't religion turned business enterprises?

Should the catholic church failed to reign in this money loving dude he'll bring more disrepute upon the church.
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by FearGodinall: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2018
Though i havn't watched the video but if what fr Benzamine wrote is all what that transpired in the service, then Obi shouldn't be carried away with the wild condemination of the priest rather, ask for understanding of what he said. Maybe was revealing to Obi one of the keys of kingdom princeples to achieving result as a christian.
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Bimpe29: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
Mbaka is on his own...
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by nonsobaba: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
I love Mbaka for his fearlessness. The catholic diocese of enugu knows that any attempt to silence Mbaka will be resisted by catholics in the diocese. Mbaka is loved by the faithful.
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2018
MBAKA has RED MUD in his Skull
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by obinna58(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2018
These men of God would be remembered as criminals in the advanced future
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by Peacecore: 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2018
Fake news
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by bossvinqualad25(m): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2018
Black venza 2012 model is available at a give away price of 6.5m Lagos is d location check my signature for my contact
Re: BREAKING: Catholic Church Disowns Fr. Mbaka, Says He Might Be Disciplined by seborrhic: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2018
merahki:

I posit that the church tolerates him this much despite any misgivings because of money, lol.
He has a whole flock of people who still identify as catholic in his ministry. Losing him means losing this demographic of people
I also suppose that he still makes parishian returns to the diocese and that this is substantial
Why else would the church associate with this person, who clearly should not be part of them? . He should have been excommunicated since
He even occasionally issues threats to the bishop and church in general cheesy
He is a necessary evil I suppose
This crude man with a very bad voice (especially singing) and cringe-worthy antics/theatrics both of which which I absolutely cannot stand

I am not religious but I was born catholic so I still have a soft spot for the peaceful, serene, soul- focused church that I used to know before “this horror” happened to it. Capuchin priests still uphold these elements cool
I put him in the same class as the Apostle Suleiman and Pastor Fireman breed.Just like the Holy See is weeding pedophile priests out of its ranks,the likes of Mbaka should be weeded out of the catholic community.He can go form his own church and follow in his abhorrent ways.

(1) (Reply)

Osibanjo Threatens To Sue Root TV Media and Google Over Defamation / Ambazonia: Nnamdi Kanu Should Stop Wasting Our Money. / Oduduwa Republic Will be Hijacked By Crusaders If Achieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.