Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Cancelled US Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cancelled US Visa (875 Views)

Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me / Stranded Corpers Seize Azman Air Laptops After Cancelled Flight (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cancelled US Visa by Itsogb82: 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2018
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Hello People, I need to confirm possibilities of having a cancelled US visa reinstated. I'm a regular international traveller. My 2nd US trip to the US was for business and I didn't not overstay the 6months given.

However, I was surprised that I was called out after doing my security checks @JFK, just an hour to boarding my flight back home to be question on why I stayed longer than I had earlier indicated. The official not feeling satisfied with all proof of business transactions receipts, cancelled my visa and told me to contact the embassy.

I couldn't understand it. I don't know how to go about this, because he obviously acted in error. It's a dent on my travel history and I need advise on who has been or witnessed such similar issue of Visa cancellation and steps that could be taken to resolve it.
Re: Cancelled US Visa by sharpman1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2018
Itsogb82:
Hello People, I need to confirm possibilities of having a cancelled US visa reinstated. I'm a regular international traveller. My 2nd US trip to the US was for business and I didn't not overstay the 6months given.

However, I was surprised that I was called out after doing my security checks @JFK, just an hour to boarding my flight back home to be question on why I stayed longer than I had earlier indicated. The official not feeling satisfied with all proof of business transactions receipts, cancelled my visa and told me to contact the embassy.

I couldn't understand it. I don't know how to go about this, because he obviously acted in error. It's a dent on my travel history and I need advise on who has been or witnessed such similar issue of Visa cancellation and steps that could be taken to resolve it.

Forget the 6 months given at the POE, that's standard practice.

How long did you tell the CBP officer you would be staying at the POE and how long did you eventually stay?
Re: Cancelled US Visa by Jabo1000: 3:17am On Dec 05, 2018
Itsogb82:

Visa stamped cancelled or just word of mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Relocation To Mauritius / Which Hotel Is Close To Lagos Airport That Is Afforable And Secured? / Countries You Can Go Without A Visa For Vacations And Holidays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.