Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots (1632 Views)

Dangote Refinery Massive Recruitment For 2019 ( Over 4,000 Slots ) Updated / Dangote Refinery Massive Recruitment For 2019 (over 4,000 Slots) Apply Now. / Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Vacant Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots by thegeniusmedia: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
A business group warned on Tuesday that a labour shortage in Canada is deepening, with more than 430,000 jobs at small and medium-sized firms remaining unfilled for at least four months.

The job vacancy rate has risen to 3.3 percent, from 2.9 percent a year ago, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business said in a report.

This is “above the records set before the 2008 financial crisis, and businesses are really feeling the pressure,” said CFIB chief economist Ted Mallett.

According to the government statistical agency, the unemployment rate fell 0.1 percentage points in October to a near-record low of 5.8 percent.

The labour shortage, according to the CFIB, is particularly acute in the services, construction, agricultural, and oil and gas sectors, and is putting upward pressure on wages.

The data release comes as the federal and Quebec governments spar over immigration targets.

Quebec Premier Francois Legault has pledged to cut immigration, despite the mostly French-speaking province being hit hardest by a lack of skilled workers.

“What I hear across Quebec is entrepreneurs, businesses concerned about the labour shortage, so I’m not sure it’s the best time to cut immigration,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau commented.......https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2018/12/04/job-vacancy-canada-desperately-looking-to-fill-430000-slots/

1 Like

Re: JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots by FreshBoss007: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
hope you are sending this message from Canada

6 Likes

Re: JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots by funstufz: 5:48am On Dec 05, 2018
430000 jobs in Canada alone?
I wonder what their population is to warrant such a huge vacancy?

1 Like

Re: JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots by SoNature(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2018
Is it not the same Canada stopping immigrants (Nigerians) from entering their country?

I just can't reconcile the ban on immigration and manpower demand

It doesn't make sense to me
Re: JOB VACANCY: Canada Desperately Looking To Fill 430,000 Slots by zolajpower: 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
SoNature:

Is it not the same Canada stopping immigrants (Nigerians) from entering their country?

I just can't reconcile the ban on immigration and manpower demand

It doesn't make sense to me
The thing tire me oo,but this might be true . Bcus I know of a guy who lives and work in Canada ,he complained about how they are understaff and are looking for staffers.

(1) (Reply)

Oride Driver/dispatch Rider Job Vacancy / Glo Dey Look For Boys O! / Total Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.