Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture (623 Views)

What's This On My Thighs & Under My Scrotum? Please Help (Viewers Discretion) / My Right Eye Is Going Blur, Please Help / Man Suffers Penile Fracture During Rigorous Sex (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Ilamina(f): 3:16am On Dec 05, 2018
Why

I was known to have nice legs
How do I get my legs back

Ever since I had a fracture on my left knee
My left thigh looks thinner than the right tigh

Does it mean if you break your leg or hand, it will never be normal again

Despite you going to the doctor
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Ilamina(f): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2018
sad
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Adalassy: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2018
Ilamina:
Why

Email.me let's talk privately.

I am an alternative medicine practitioner based on Ghana.

Adamslaseio@gmail.com
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Ilamina(f): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
Adalassy:

Email.me let's talk privately.

I am an alternative medicine practitioner based on Ghana.

Adamslaseio@gmail.com

What of discussing publicly
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Jakumo(m): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
The wasting away of muscle on an injured limb is known as muscle atrophy, and is the result that limb's musculature being under-used, due to the pain of the injury. Any muscle group that falls into disuse, will start to shrink in size and strength if it is not specifically exercised to reverse that process of shrinkage.

The way to recover that muscle strength and mass, is to exercise that leg alone in the weight room, so that the unused muscles can bulk up again, and thereby attain their size previous to the injury. You can sit on a leg-raise machine bench that isolates the quadriceps, and with light weight, lift the injured leg alone, or alternatively lift both legs together, whilst concentrating on exerting primarily with the under-sized leg.

This recovery process is a slow one that can take months, or even years, but with determination and perseverance, you can recover the symmetry of both legs, so that they again appear equal in size.
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Adalassy: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ilamina:

What of discussing publicly

I may require a picture comparison that's why and also may ask some probing questions
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Ilamina(f): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
Jakumo:
The wasting away of muscle on an injured limb is known as muscle atrophy, and is the result that limb's musculature being under-used, due to the pain of the injury. Any muscle group that falls into disuse, will start to shrink in size and strength if it is not specifically exercised to reverse that process of shrinkage.

The way to recover that muscle strength and mass, is to exercise that leg alone in the weight room, so that the unused muscles can bulk up again, and thereby attain their size previous to the injury. You can sit on a leg-raise machine bench that isolates the quadriceps, and with light weight, lift the injured leg alone, or alternatively lift both legs together, whilst concentrating on exerting primarily with the under-sized leg.

This recovery process is a slow one that can take months, or even years, but with determination and perseverance, you can recover the symmetry of both legs, so that they again appear equal in size.

I will exercise, If that is the only option

If I go back to another doctor, Can he help
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Jakumo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ilamina:

I will exercise, If that is the only option

If I go back to another doctor, Can he help

Exercise is the ONLY option. A competent doctor will confirm this, and a greedy one will take your money in exchange for worthless pills.
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Ilamina(f): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2018
Jakumo:

Exercise is the ONLY option. A competent doctor will confirm this, and a greedy one will take your money in exchange for worthless pills.

Thanks
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Jakumo(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ilamina:

Thanks

You are most welcome, brother man. Start off with lighter weights to break in gradually, and when those weights start to feel light, add more, and focus on the injured leg. Let the natural healing process do the rest. NO medication is needed on your road to full recovery. None.
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by chinochizzy: 8:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ilamina:
Why

What doctor did u go to, orthopedic doctor?
Re: Left Thighs Are Skinnier Than My Right Thigh After Knee Fracture by Ilamina(f): 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2018
chinochizzy:
What doctor did u go to, orthopedic doctor?

Yea, it was an emergency . . I was rushed by an ambulance

I was rushed to the doctor

(1) (Reply)

Current Update On Henry's Leg Injury. Viewers Discretion Is Advised / Help!please Save Baby Ahmad Abdulsalam. / Chinese Meridian Massage Centre In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.