Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

#The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) (1163 Views)

Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari / Taju: Florence Ajimobi Meets Tajudeen Ibrahim Agbabiaka / Congress Fallout: APC Shocks Tinubu, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Dogara, Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by scoty2910: 7:52am On Dec 05, 2018
#TheAjimobiYears - SECURITY

If you're an Oyo state citizen, or if you lived and still live in Oyo state, you'd agree, that if there were a Nobel Prize for Security, Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state should be an awardee without thinking twice.

Oyo state was a garrison of shameless violence, and existing administrations back then struggled to no avail to quench it. However, Governor Ajimobi found a way to become David to this Goliath of insecurity and violence with his three stones of restoration, transformation and repositioning.

Today, Oyo state is secure. Without much ado, these below are the facts.

1. The #AjimobiYears saw the prompt set up of many security policies which include the recently recommissioned and refurbished Joint Security Task Force (Operation Burst), the Oyo State Security Trust Fund (OYSSTF), Swift Response Squad (SRS) Safe City Project, etc, all of which were nonexistent prior to 2011.

2. The #AjimobiYears saw security spend in Oyo state experience an approximate 400% rise from 2011 till date compared to what was obtainable before then.

3. The rate of crime and criminality in Oyo state has seen a cumulative 527% decrease from 2011 till date. 527 percent!!!!

4. As an example, no successful bank robbery has occurred in the past 5 years across Oyo state, with only 1 *attempt* in Ogbomoso, compared to the 21 successful robberies recorded across ten years before 2011.

5. The cases of armed robbery has experienced sharp and gradual reduction from a total 261 cases prior 2011, to 17 cases in 2017. The Commissioner of Police recently attested to the continued reduction.

6. The kidnapping cases have also reduced drastically over the past 7 years; such that, only" 3 cases of kidnapping have been seen in 2017, compared to the 55 cases seen across Oyo state between 2005-early 2011.

7. Cases of grievous harm, felony, auto theft, gun running, street violence, rituals, rival clashes and politically-motivated violence dropped from 1,119 recorded cases between 2003-2010 to just 97 cases in the past 4 years.

8. The #AjimobiYears has seen an increase in the procurement of crime fighting and security equipment for the entire security apparatus; 9 Armoured Personnel Carriers, 122 Patrol Vehicles and 7 power bikes have been newly procured between 2011 till date.

9. Still in doubt, watch video below.

#AsiwajuNiWa
#TheAjimobiYears
#AjumoseSecurity

[Figures* SOURCE: Security Agencies via State Security Council Meeting]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2018
I can attest to this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by 46O1CE: 8:20am On Dec 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
I can attest to this
Sai APC

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by yerokunphilips: 8:22am On Dec 05, 2018
When it comes to security ,Ajumobi have been outstanding .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by deboysben(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2018
Good development

I must confess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by shukuokukobambi: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2018
Give it to Ajimobi on Security. He really tried. The activities of the NURTW came under control.

He also tried in infrastructure at least in his first term.

It's his arrogance that i just hate. Mr 'constituted authority'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by tyup(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
Give it to Ajimobi on Security. He really tried. The activities of the NURTW came under control.

He also tried in infrastructure at least in his first term.

It's his arrogance that i just hate. Mr 'constituted authority'

Tried in infrastructure you say? Bros tell us where o is it not ibadan whose most express road hv bcome a dumbing ground for refuse dumb

1 Like

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by shukuokukobambi: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2018
tyup:

Tried in infrastructure you say? Bros tell us where o is it not ibadan whose most express road hv bcome a dumbing ground for refuse dumb

You can see i said in his first term.

He's been lackadaisical since 2015 but even then, i was surprised that he could start and finish challenge to new garage dualisation inside this 2nd term
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by Iamgrey5(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2018
tyup:

You have never been to Ibadan

Oyo state has its best waste management system in years under the administration of Ajimobi
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by tyup(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
You have never been to Ibadan

Oyo state has its best waste management system in years under the administration of Ajimobi

Lol go survey thr Iwo road to Ojoo first and tell us what u see, then come thr to Bodija, Agbowo and UI and show us sm pictures wink

i'll only agree to shukuokukobambi claim on the state of security but NURTW problems need some lil taming more

1 Like

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2018
tyup:

Lol go survey thr Iwo road to Ojoo first and tell us what u see, then come thr to Bodija, Agbowo and UI and show us sm pictures wink

i'll only agree to shukuokukobambi claim on the state of security but NURTW problems need some lil taming more
Bro some of my Ibadan peeps are dirty

You will notice the difference if the waste management trucks don't go to those areas for a day. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by pentax(m): 11:04am On Dec 05, 2018
What about education? He failed woefully
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by scoty2910: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2018
tyup:

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by tyup(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Bro some of my Ibadan peeps are dirty

You will notice the difference if the waste management trucks don't go to those areas for a day. wink

After so many months the ones at ojoo just seem to be cleared that was after so much wailing and complaint to the governor

the day ibadan will be developed ehn I promise to kill cows fr my family grin
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2018
tyup:

After so many months the ones at ojoo just seem to be cleared that was after so much wailing and complaint to the governor

the day ibadan will be developed ehn I promise to kill cows fr my family grin
@ emboldened clearly shows you are basically trolling

Ibadan is quite developed for Nigerian standard.

And those trucks move almost everyday clearing refuse deposited on the road side.
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by Auladimeji(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2018
Is he not the Mr Constituency : p

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by scoty2910: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2018
Sincerely this administration has really tried on security

Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by shugabasbn: 11:53am On Dec 05, 2018
Ajimobi scores very high in terms of security but in terms of mouth outburst nobody can challenge Oga Constitution....
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by tyup(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened clearly shows you are basically trolling

Ibadan is quite developed for Nigerian standard.

And those trucks move almost everyday clearing refuse deposited on the road side.

Quite developed fr Nigerian standard? Dang that's ridiculous

Have you been to Lagos, Abuja or PH. have you seen what standards look like?

if it were not fr security and market goods prices beening relatively okay i'd be long outta this village
Re: #The Ajimobi Years: Security In Oyo State Before And After Ajimobi (pictures) by Iamgrey5(m): 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2018
tyup:

Quite developed fr Nigerian standard? Dang that's ridiculous

Have you been to Lagos, Abuja or PH. have you seen what standards look like?

if it were not fr security and market goods prices beening relatively okay i'd be long outta this village
No I lived in Ibadan all my life, olobe

I was even thinking you will be comparing Ibadan to Newyork or London before now.

FYI, I didn't even do my UNI in Nigeria

I have been to at least 17 Nigerian states

I have been to both Abj (gariki 2, Wuste 2 and dutse ahalaji) and I spend most of my time in Ajah side of Lagos.

What is so special about those places anyway?

I still think you are trolling sir

(1) (Reply)

People Attacking PMB Supporter On FB Because He Voted For. PICS / NYSC Members Feared Dead At Their Polling Unit In Rivers - Photos / PDP leads on Airport Road, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.