Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps (259 Views)

Why Wike Halted Impeachment Plot Against Governor Fubara / DSS Siege: Youths Attack APC Reps Member Over Saraki Impeachment Plot (VIDEO) / Benue Lawmakers Climb Fence To Stop Impeachment Plot Against Ortom (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps by ahmedkoded95(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2018
- The House of Representatives has denied impeachment plot against Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

- Speaking on behalf of the House, Abdulrazak Namdas says there is no such plan against Professor Osinbajo

- Namdas, who is the chairman of the House committee on media and public affairs, says there is nothing like impeachment before the House for consideration

The House of Representatives has said there is no such plan to institute impeachment process against Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as claimed by the lawmaker representing Egor/Ikpoba-Okha federal constituency of Edo state, Johnson Agbonayinma.

Punch reports that Agbonayinma had alleged that some members were collating signatures with the aim of impeaching the vice president.

Legit.ng gathers that the claim was dismissed by the chairman of the House committee on media and public affairs, Abdulrazak Namdas.

Namdas said: “There is nothing like impeachment before the House of Representatives as I speak now. As far as I am concerned, I speak for the House, and there is nothing like impeachment before the House for consideration. I don’t speak for members, I speak for the House. But if there is anything, I don’t know.

“At least, officially before the House, there is nothing like that. I am not aware (of the impeachment plot)."

The allegation was made in a written speech entitled Call for Caution on the Purported Campaign to Smear the Office of the Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by Disgruntled Politicians and Some Media Houses.

Agbonayinma. said: “It has become necessary for me to add my voice to the call by many Nigerians on the purported campaigns of calumny by some political gladiators and media houses against the office and person of the Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), on spurious allegations of corrupt practices levelled against him.

“(I am) Aware that signatures are being collated for the impeachment of the Vice-President. The reason is because of the outcome of the NEMA investigation.

“For the records, the issues raised in the probe on NEMA had to do with (alleged) misappropriation of funds by the director-general and the day-to-day running of the agency vis-a-vis financial spending, procurement processes, among others.”

“Don’t forget that I am a member of the APC. I am a Nigerian. Not everybody has the boldness and audacity to come out, not everybody. You have watched me on the floor of the House, I don’t play partisan politics. I supported the APC when I was in the PDP. Now I’m in the APC, I do support the PDP."

Legit.ng previously reported that Johnson Agbonayinma, who is a member of the House of Representatives, raised allegation that some members were collating signatures in an attempt to impeach Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

The lawmaker representing Egor/Ikpoba-Okha federal constituency of Edo state, raised this allegation on Tuesday, December 4, in Abuja.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1207748-nema-probe-reps-deny-impeachment-plot-vp-osinbajo.html?__twitter_impression=true

Cc lalasticlala

Re: NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps by Auladimeji(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2018
They don't have what it takes to remove him,forget all this writeup

Re: NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps by softwerk(f): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2018
ILODU:
MAKE SALES ON YOUR WEBSITE 24/7 WITH ECOMMERCE WEBSITE

Get Ecommerce Website Developed for Your Business designed, crafted and developed by Web Professionals with years of Web and Digital Solutions experience

Avoid Web Quacks Developing your Website!

What You Get!

== Free Training on How to Upload, Edit and Remove Products Images/Prices
== SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

PLUS MUCH MORE!

Some drunk mods are just sleeping!

Why not ban this guy for spamming on EVERY thread?!

You can advertise your product and services the right way for a token.....why disturbing the peace on every thread with your long advert?!
Re: NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps by yerokunphilips: 11:37am On Dec 05, 2018
Have discovered that the PDP have just discovered how strong the VP is most of things working under this government is been supervised by him (N power ,Tradermoni , reform of sars ,discussing with both the youth and elders of Niger Delta to stop bombing of pipe lines ,bring naira back to stablity from over N500 to a dollar ,no VP in the history of Nigeria enjoyed the kind of goodwill he's enjoying ) and they will do everything possible to pull him down not because they hate him but just to discredit him just to win the forthcoming election . They just discovered that some people from south west may vote for APC because him
Re: NEMA Probe: There Is No Impeachment Plot Against Osinbajo - Reps by Homeboiy: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2018
angry

(1) (Reply)

Nerg Boss Loud Metering Solution Company In Akwa Ibom / Second Niger Bridge To Be Completed In 2022 – Orji / Nigeria Needs The Knowledge, Expertise, Contribution Of Obafemi, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.