Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy (1058 Views)

Abba Kyari Overrides Buhari’s Decisions, 5 Other Takeaways From Monguno’s Memo / Heavy Protest Against SARS In Rivers Over Threat To Kill Gov. Wike's Aide(photos / Nigeria Vs Congo Friendly: APC Warns Gov Wike Over 'Arrival' Of Ebola In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
Was I the only one, who read about Governor Nyesom Wike’s “attempted” resignation as South South Campaigns Coordinator as splashed in the front page of Sun Newspaper last Saturday (1st December 2018)? So, Wike too wants to be consulted? What a double standard!

As a Christian, I am pretty sure Wike is very familiar with the Bible verse (Luke 6: 38), which says that the measure you give is the measure you receive.

When South East PDP leaders expressed their discontentment over the manner Atiku Abubakar named his running mate without consulting or even giving them prior information on his choice as the beneficiary geopolitical zone before announcing it, those who should know better responded by blackmailing and besmearing them in the social media. They didn’t reject Peter Obi’s nomination oo. But they were described in unprintable terms, called names, and each accused of nursing vice presidential ambitions (as if it is a crime). They were branded as spoilers and political never-do-wells asking for too much. After all, they don’t have two heads. They also have a PVC like every other citizen.

Governor Wike, who was still smarting from the self-inflicted humiliation of failure to “singlehandedly” deliver Governor Aminu Tambuwal as PDP’s presidential candidate as he desperately wanted (for whatever reason), accused South East PDP leaders of poke-nosing. After all, they facilitated Atiku’s emergence through their regional block. So, as far as he was concerned, it was very okay that they heard the news of Obi’s nomination as breaking news like none-PDP populations of Nigeria.

Wike gloated in the 1st November 2018 edition of Sun Newspaper that “the mere fact that the vice presidential candidate is coming from the South-East does not give the zone the sole right to nominate a person since the entire country will benefit”.

“When the South-East said they were not consulted before Peter Obi was nominated, where did we meet as a party to agree that the vice presidential candidate must come from the South-East. But, we said, if the presidential candidate believes he has somebody to work with, so be it”, Wike added in a bid to add salt to injury.

So, I was surprised and truly had a good laugh reading in the papers how Wike whinnied, complained, and tried resigning as the South South coordinator of the Presidential Campaign Council for non-consultation in the appointment of heads of directorates of the Campaign Council.

According to the Sun newspaper report, “Barely a month after, Saturday Sun gathered that Wike is not comfortable with the way things are going in the campaign especially lack of consultations of appropriate party leaders before vital decisions and appointments are made”.

Haba, Wike, I thought consultation has become a political anathema. Why the double standard? Why are you being so “selfish”, “childish”, and “asking for too much” like those South East PDP leaders. Don’t tell me that you are not aware that whatever is good for the goose is also good for the gander o.

Anyway, I am happy some senior party stalwarts have prevailed on you to reconsider your decision. Please, oga Atiku, don’t mind my elder brother, Wike. As a workalcoholic governor, he can be temperamental sometimes. When he sobers, he would remember that the Waziri Adamawa retains a blank cheque to decide everything without consultations. After all, one good Waziri head is better than 100 put together.

Desmond Okotie[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by babyfaceafrica: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2018
all I see is an epistle ,all politicians are selfish and fight for their pockets,so if wike feels shortchanged, who are you to call him an hypocrite?... did you know how wike wrestled rivers state with crook and sweat from amaechi?...wike has put in more effort and loyalty than atiku?..atiku who we all know is a journey man....has no loyalty.. just seeking to wrestle power from any place possible?...if atiku thinks he can do without wine,he should dare him,he will then know what happened in 1875 will repeat itself
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by digScratcher: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2018
PDP can not be divided by this post

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Afamed: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
Supporter of fugitive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2018
Afamed:
Supporter of fugitive

Afamed, and you are a supporter of what? The lifeless Sudanese.
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
all I see is an epistle ,all politicians are selfish and fight for their pockets,so if wike feels shortchanged, who are you to call him an hypocrite?... did you know how wike wrestled rivers state with crook and sweat from amaechi?...wike has put in more effort and loyalty than atiku?..atiku who we all know is a journey man....has no loyalty.. just seeking to wrestle power from any place possible?...if atiku thinks he can do without wine,he should dare him,he will then know what happened in 1875 will repeat itself

And who is Wike please? A god or what? My friend just go and sit down, Wike was demystified in the Port Harcourt convention.
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2018
digScratcher:
PDP can not be divided by this post

That is not the intention of the post.
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by babyfaceafrica: 10:09am On Dec 06, 2018
Eidolon:

And who is Wike please? A god or what? My friend just go and sit down, Wike was demystified in the Port Harcourt convention.
atiku has bee. demystified since 1993
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 10:46am On Dec 06, 2018
babyfaceafrica:

But he is going to be your president soon and will rescue you from the shackles that PMB has enslaved you with. grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by babyfaceafrica: 10:54am On Dec 06, 2018
Eidolon:

But he is going to be your president soon and will rescue you from the shackles that PMB has enslaved you with. grin
till then
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2018
babyfaceafrica:

I wonder why you and Wike are pained over non-consultation? You guys argued that South East leaders weren't meant to be consulted and therefore their protestations were misguided.

Okay, that is fine, but why then are yous beefing Atiku for not consulting Wike? Isn't it hypocrisy to say that SE leaders shouldn't be consulted yet want Wike to be consulted?

My friend, go back to sleep joor. It is obvious that you didn't sleep well last night.
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by babyfaceafrica: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2018
Eidolon:

I wonder why you and Wike are pained over non-consultation? You guys argued that South East leaders weren't meant to be consulted and therefore their protestations were misguided.

Okay, that is fine, but why then are yous beefing Atiku for not consulting Wike? Isn't it hypocrisy to say that SE leaders shouldn't be consulted yet want Wike to be consulted?

My friend, go back to sleep joor. It is obvious that you didn't sleep well last night.
Re: Atiku’s Decisions And Gov. Wike’s Hypocrisy by Eidolon: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
till then

Of course till then.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Full Audio Clip Of Rotimi Amaechi Criticizing Buhari 1&2 / Atiku Meets With Nigerians In USA / Uche Nwosu The Favorite As Imolites Turn Out In Masses For Election Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.