Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 (897 Views)

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank / Tony Elumelu Receives Belgium’s Oldest National Honour (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Commissions UBA Business Office At New Ultra-modern Afriland Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 by gistyinka(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
In what is rare among millionaires in the 21st century, talkless of a billionaire at age 100 who still go to work. The world’s oldest billionaire Chang Yun Chung, reportedly said that he still goes to the office every day, despite his old age.

The world’s oldest billionaire is Chang Yun Chung from Singapore. Chang Yun Chung is the founder of Singaporean shipping company Pacific International Lines (PIL), and he recently handed over control of the company to his son Teo Siong Seng, earlier this year.

Despite handing over the control of the company to his son Teo Siong Seng, Chang Yun Chung still makes daily appearances at the office to check everything is running smoothly.

According to report by Forbes world richest ranking index, the 100-year old world’s oldest billionaire Chang Yun Chung , was ranked at 1,284th, and he still conducted rigorous meetings with the heads of each department on his visits.

I cannot stay at home,’ said the self-made billionaire told CNBC. ‘(I’d get) very, very bored.’

‘Every day, I write down all my activities in my diary, everything,’ said Chang. ‘Every department comes to see me.’

Chang, now worth $1.9billion, set up PIL in Singapore in the 1960s after buying two-second hand container ships.

And over the decades he has watched it blossom into one of the world’s ninth-biggest shipping company with a workforce of nearly 20,000 employees. But the veteran entrepreneur claims there is a very simple secret to his success.

‘I never lose my temper,’ he said. ‘(I) cannot. When you lose your temper, you just cannot control yourself.’

Chang’s son, Teo Siong Seng, the company’s new director, says he also has daily meetings with his father who still likes to keep an eye on him.

Re: Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 by gistyinka(m): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2018
Teo also says he has learned his father’s philosophy of gaining respect by proving your ability and integrity in front of employees.

Re: Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 by Ehiscotch(m): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
It is not unusual though. As long as he is healthy, he'd feel bored and useless staying all day at home doing nothing as he has been used to the business environment all his life.

What I admire is his work ethic and principle -- which I am sure contributed to his wealth.

But how come a billionaire only has 20,000 workers and a certain man, who has less than five percent, claims to have over 50,000 workers. Let me atikulate the possibilities.
Re: Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 by Rextizzle(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2018
Baba is still strong and agile, good for him.
Re: Meet World’s Oldest Billionaire Chang Yun Chung Who Still Go To Office At 100 by SmileXtraone: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2018
I willing be a billionaire soon wink. Staying at home is bad for old people so work does help to keep them healthy an active prolonging their life as a result

We Sell Smile 4G data and Smile Mifi. Please Patronize Us. See Signature for contact details

(1) (Reply)

7 Years Facebook Account For Sale At Cheap Price / Tab Here And See How Easy It Is To Make Money Using Audio Bees / Google Voice Accounts For Usa Numbers For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.