Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Doctors In The House, Please Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In The House, Please Help! (527 Views)

Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / Sick Man Dies After Being Delayed By Striking Doctors In Imo State. Graphic PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
My fiancé and I had unprotected sex sometime last month and she took postinor 2 afterwards, she saw her period 6days early after that. Now this month she's been expecting her period since Saturday but instead has been having stomach cramps and backache but no bleeding. Please what could be wrong?

Ps:we had unprotected sex after the last period,say around day 16 of her cycle and she's a 25day cycle. Thank you in anticipation
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2018
Eh ya...... Doctors pls come o!
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by matrix199(m): 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
The contraceptive pill most likely disrupted her hormonal balance thus, leading to an erratic menstrual presentation.

One of the side effects of emergency contraceptive pills is short term menstrual irregularity.

With time, it should normalise.

Note: For a 25day MC, her safe zone/period spans within cycle day 9 to 13. There was really no need to have taken the emergency contraceptive pill because she was in her safe zone when you both had the unprotected sex.

In the event of next time, cd 1 to 8 is safe to have sex, cd 9 to 13,14 is unsafe to have sex(and if must have sex, use a condom as protection but not emergency oral contraceptive pill), then cd 16 to 25 is also safe to have sex.
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2018
matrix199:
The contraceptive pill most likely disrupted her hormonal balance thus, leading to an erratic menstrual presentation.

One of the side effects of emergency contraceptive pills is short term menstrual irregularity.

Note: For a 25day MC, her safe zone/period spans within cycle day 9 to 13. There was really no need to have taken the emergency contraceptive pill because she was in her safe zone when you both had the unprotected sex.

In the event of next time, cd 1 to 8 is safe to hav sex, cd 9 to 13,14 is unsafe to have sex(and if must have sex, use a condom as protected but not emergency oral contraceptive pill), then cd 16 to 25 is also safe to have sex.
Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. The first month she used it, she had a period 3 days after using the contraceptive which was 6days earlier than her period and it was heavy and lasted for the normal 4days she has. This December, she hasn't had any and it was expected to come around on Saturday/Sunday. I guess my question is, sir it's possible it's the effect of the contraceptive? Thank you for your response once again
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 06, 2018
matrix199:

In the event of next time, cd 1 to 8 is safe to have sex, cd 9 to 13,14 is unsafe to have sex(and if must have sex, use a condom as protection but not emergency oral contraceptive pill), then cd 16 to 25 is also safe to have sex.
Thanks once again, could the contraceptive cause her to have a skipped period?
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by matrix199(m): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2018
dbaeous:

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. The first month she used it, she had a period 3 days after using the contraceptive which was 6days earlier than her period and it was heavy and lasted for the normal 4days she has. This December, she hasn't had any and it was expected to come around on Saturday/Sunday. I guess my question is, sir it's possible it's the effect of the contraceptive? Thank you for your response once again

Definitely the effect of the emergency contraceptive pill. These pills have adversed side effects like menstrual hastening, menstrual delay, scanty flow, heavy flow, spotting, and so on.

Like I advised, let her avoid the use of emergency contraceptive pill since there are other contraceptive methods like th barrier contraceptive(condom/femdom), rhythmic chart(safe zones).
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 06, 2018
matrix199:

Definitely the effect of the emergency contraceptive pill. These pills have adversed side effects like menstrual hastening, menstrual delay, scanty flow, heavy flow, spotting, and so on.

Like I advised, let her avoid the use of emergency contraceptive pill since there are other contraceptive methods like th barrier contraceptive(condom/femdom), rhythmic chart(safe zones).

Thank you
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 06, 2018
matrix199:

Sorry to bother you again, one last question. How much delay could be possible? She seems a lot worried about this. Thank you
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by matrix199(m): 1:17am On Dec 06, 2018
dbaeous:
Sorry to bother you again, one last question. How much delay could be possible? She seems a lot worried about this. Thank you

3days, 4days, or more. It varies. But I'm quite sure she's not pregnant. A home pregnancy test would allay her fear.
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 06, 2018
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 06, 2018
matrix199:

3days, 4days, or more. It varies. But I'm quite sure she's not pregnant. A home pregnancy test would allay her fear.
Thank you. God bless. Good night
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2018
dbaeous:
Thanks once again, could the contraceptive cause her to have a skipped period?

yeah. one of the major side effects of any contraceptive.
no cause for alarm. it'll get balance soon.

stay blessed, bro.
Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2018
MrNipplesLover:

yeah. one of the major side effects of any contraceptive.
no cause for alarm. it'll get balance soon.

stay blessed, bro.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House, Please Help! by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
dbaeous:
Thanks bro.

u welcome, boss.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Monolaurin Capsule Effectively Inactivate Staphylococcus Without Reoccurring / Woman Told As A Teen That She'll Never Grow Boobs Strips Down For Photoshoot / Shocking Photos Of Man Who Is Slowly 'turning Into Stone'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.