Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Nigeria U20 Win Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U20 Win Eagles (1065 Views)

Nigeria U20 Stars Hand Cash To Patients During Visit To New Plymouth Hospital / Uruguay Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup (2 - 1) On 2nd July 2013 / South Korea Vs Nigeria - U20 World Cup On 27th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by 12large: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2010
Nigeria's Under-20 team, the Flying Eagles, upset the country's full international side to boost their readiness for their African Youth Championship qualifier away to Guinea next weekend.

Striker Ahmed Musa fired home a second-half winner in a training match Thursday inside the Abuja National Stadium.

The Eagles, who are also preparing for next month's friendly against South Korea in Seoul, paraded several notable domestic league stars like Niger Tornadoes striker Eugene Salami, who scored 17 goals in the past season, Taiwo Hassan as well as Terna Suswan, who made the provisional 2010 World Cup squad.

But for the heroics of goalkeeper Bassey Akpan, the Flying Eagles would have won by a more comfortable margin with VVV Venlo-bound Musa again the stand-out star.

Flying Eagles assistant coach, Samuel Abimbola, lauded his team for edging past their seniors.

"We are not resting on our oars because the Guinean side came to Abuja to prove that they were not pushovers. They gave a good fight here in Abuja which showed clearly that they would be a hard nut to crack in Guinea.

"But with the response of our boys in training and the way they played against the senior side, I am sure of a good outing in Guinea. The Chief Coach (John Obuh) has told the players to buckle up and expect nothing short of victory in Guinea."

NFF spokesman Robinson Okosun described the challenge match as "a highly explosive encounter that brought the best out of the two teams".

The Flying Eagles face a daunting task in their return leg clash against their Guinean counterparts next weekend after they won the first clash 2-0 in Abuja last weekend.
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by 12large: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2010
come see madness look at this disgracefull homebase players that cannot even win a u-20 team and na then they one build a new super eagles from. instead of calling players like okoro,ibrahim,azeez,emmanuel,obi,nwankwo, they call up this yeye homebase players.
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by IbrahimB: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
12large! cheesy

How sure are you the U-20 "boys" are not older and more experienced than the their super eagles counterpart?
It's Nigerian football, remember? You never can tell wink
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by 12large: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2010
bros abeg shut the hell up if you have anything good to say comot for here. even if the u-20 are older than home eagles they should not lose
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by IbrahimB: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2010
12[size=16pt]LARGE![/size]

Why you de vex with me now? No be true I talk? Even if the U-20 are younger, won't Messi defeat Yakubu for footy? Maybe the U-20 men boys are more talented?

Just because they are called "U-20" does not mean anything. It's just a name, OK? The reality might be VERY different.  smiley
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by chelseabmw(m): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2010
what a shame lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by deb(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2010
Why the fuss?
Its so simple, we should just draft the U-20 to the senior national team afterall the same thing is working for Ghana.
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by Olaolufred(m): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
Thanks deb
Re: Nigeria U20 Win Eagles by Olaolufred(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
I think it is hightime we allow the falconets play the sopa chickens.

I am sure the Falconets will win.

Then we build a formidable Eagle with those girls.

That will be the right route towards Brazil 2014.

Isn't it?

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Champions Of Africa / Help! Help! She Wants To Kill Me / Only Players Who Weep During National Anthem Should Be Called-ghana Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.