Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . (4116 Views)

Used 2000 Volvo S80 For Sale 400k / 1 Year Reg Volvo S80 :-kings Auto / Reg 2000 Model Volvo S80 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2010
Hello everybody, I am planning coming to Nigeria soon I intend bringing my Volvo S60 car right hand drive to 9ja for my personal use,
But i dont know much about the ruggedity, reliability and how economical this car can be,
1) Can this car withstand all the challenges of 9ja roads
2) The spare parts for volvo car are they readily available in 9ja.
3) Does this car have second hand value,
4) Can this model be converted to Left Hand without any hassle.
I welcome all forms of contributions, as i need your opinions and experience to guide me through before deciding  either to bring it down or not,
Cheers,

Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by femmy2010(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2010
You volvo would serve you well and a 3ple yes to your questions.
Happy weekend.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by femmy2010(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2010
As regards second hand value,it is not in the league of hondas and toyotas.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2010
Thank you so much for your advice, please more should come ,
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2010
your opinion is welcome and appreciated here ,

1 Like

Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by sholasho(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2010
@Poster,
Are you coming to 9ja finally? If yes its fine for you to bring it.
But if no, are you planning to sell the ride when going back? If yes its not advisable to bring in right hand drive,
cos when you are gonna sell it and people discover its RHD they will price you down it a very nice Machine though.
I love the ride personally but as to you bringing RHD the cost of converting in 9ja and all why not settle for a normal LHD car?
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2010
Yes am coming to 9ja to stay for sometime and if am going to the uk is going to be on a short basis ,
As you know uk cars are right hand drive, but here i have two options of bring this volvo or my other honda Accord 2002 VTEC
pictures below, please i need people's adevice.

Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by Tadeus(m): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ poster,

From my experience, I know that buying and shippin these cars from Uk is below 400k naira, correct me if im wrong,

And clearing it via Cotonuo's port and perfect conversion will cost you less than 400k naira, I can handle it for you coz its my job

It means that you will spend below 800k to buy, ship, clear and convert it to LHD,

If you want to buy the car here, you will spend more than 1m and it might not be as clean as what you want coz i hav deal with uk people very well, you guys always look for very perfect and clean cars without single spot.

The choice is yours

gud luck sir
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ Taudeus,
you are very correct with that your calculations, these cars you are looking at cost £1500, £ 1600 respectively, with low milleage of around 50,000k,
it will cost me £500 to ship it from Tilbury dock to Nigeria, so all my expenses will be around 850k,
so its worth bringing it home, so which of the two cars will you advise me to bring ,
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by kamikazee0(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nice cars My choice will be the S60, great car, I have an S80 and i love it, used to own a honda accord.
Considering the fact that it's RHD tho' there might be issues with conversion,
I know it'll be a lot easier to convert the Honda, the Volvo, you'll need very good hands for that.
I'm sure you'll get a competent workshop in Lagos, will cost a lot tho' i'm sure it'll cost more to convert the volvo.

Bottom line, since you'll spend more time here in Nigeria, pick the one you love to drive the most, if that happens to be the volvo, get a good workshop to get the conversion done and i believe you should be ok.

All the best.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by Tadeus(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ kamikazee0

you are absolutelly right

@ Poster

The choice is yours, but to me personally, i will go for the volvo but dont mind me, the two cars are nice,

You can decide to send the two cars down to naija, its all left to you to decide,

cheers
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2010
kamikazee0:

Nice cars My choice will be the S60, great car, I have an S80 and i love it, used to own a honda accord.
Considering the fact that it's RHD tho' there might be issues with conversion,
I know it'll be a lot easier to convert the Honda, the Volvo, you'll need very good hands for that.
I'm sure you'll get a competent workshop in Lagos, will cost a lot tho' i'm sure it'll cost more to convert the volvo.

Bottom line, since you'll spend more time here in Nigeria, pick the one you love to drive the most, if that happens to be the volvo, get a good workshop to get the conversion done and i believe you should be ok.

All the best.
@ Kamikazeem
The volvo is what i intend bringing to 9ja my fear is all about the conversion, as we all know that honda as good reputation in that regard.
Although both cars are 2002 model,
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by Tadeus(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ poster

You can not ship it direct to Nigerian port because RHD is not legally permitted in Nigerian port, you have to ship it via Cotonuo's port and clear it down to Lagos, secondly,if you want to convert it to LHD in Lagos, they will convert it perfectly for you here,

cheers
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2010
Tadeus:

@ poster

You can not ship it direct to Nigerian port because RHD is not legally permitted in Nigerian port, you have to ship it via Cotonuo's port and clear it down to Lagos, secondly,if you want to convert it to LHD in Lagos, they will convert it perfectly for you here,

cheers
Thanks for that i never knew about this you have just said, I was thinking it will come to 9ja port direct,
Please do you know any good body who converts well and like how much does it cost ,
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by Tadeus(m): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
Thanks for that i never knew about this you have just said, I was thinking it will come to 9ja port direct,
Please do you know any good body who converts well and like how much does it cost ,

Sincerelly speakin I cant give you actual cost but I can give you a range, I have one rover45 2001 model that my mechanic is workin on now, the total cost of conversion of the rover was 160k,

When the car arrives, they will check all what they will buy before they will give you d actual cost, But lets looks at the range of 160k - 200k maximum,

cheers
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2010
Tadeus:

@ poster

cheers
I was told by a friend that shipped a right hand bus to nigeria that there was no hassle with the clearing,
that right hand cars come into nigerian ports,
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by Tadeus(m): 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2010
I was told by a friend that shipped a right hand bus to nigeria that there was no hassle with the clearing,
that right hand cars come into nigerian ports,

If your friend was successful, its okay, You can ask him for advise and ship it direct to lagos if you are confortable with it,

GOOD LUCK
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2010
I thank everybody for their contibutions here but still welcome more ,
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by GBT(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2010
Mr Money, there is no issue with the car as i can tell you first hand. I currently own a t6 same colour exterior and same interior colour.
On my account a friend at work also got his same colour from the state, though i got mine from some dude here on NL eventhough i can not advise my enemy to go thru this chap .
Performance is sweet fuel economy is o.k but not comparable to Toyota and honda as i currently use the three brand.
The work rate is very good and part are readily available from dismantled cars at Ladipo and i know if it is use you wuld have kept a clean service history?Down here you need to run the service wit mobile one at any mobil station as this is how i run my and servicing is down 3/4 a year depending on the useage.
You ca not go wrong with servicing with the boys at mobil even INSPIRED motors can testified to this fact.
You can also get good mechanic to keep your car on the road always when there is an issue and like you know the car hardly has one once properly serviced for the dude to convert i can advise on where to go in Lagos.
You can indicate interest if you want me assistance.
Bring the baby into the country and swell the growing volvo lovers[img][/img] wink
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by femmy2010(m): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2010
My advice is ship the Honda and have it send to 9ja directly as i can readily and easily clear and deliver it to your desired abode.Though certain type of vehicles are not official allowed to come into 9ja but there is always a smooth way round the hitherto bottleneck.
Call or email when all is set and would gladly be at your service.
Happy weekend.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by sonnie10: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
My dear brother, if you have not bought these cars yet , i advise you forget about bringing in a RHD . With 850k you can source to for a LHD of the same cars ; model and year , in Nigeria . I do not have any interest in selling you a car but having been in the business for a while now , Volvo does not have a second hand value in Nigeria . Recently i sold an S40 2002 for 800k tokumbo LHD . This was the hardest car for me to sell , i mean it was hard to get a buyer . If you think you can sell them in the Uk for #1600 , sell and put your money together including that of shipping , clearing and converting and buy yourself am American spec in Nigeria. God bless as you make your decision
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by femmy2010(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2010
The poster has them on ground already.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by dantitiki(m): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2010
@sonnie
I don't agree with you that volvos don't have second hand value, but they have low demand. Just like other European cars. They are very great cars. If BMW and M.Benz didn't have franchises here, it would have been the same with them too.

@poster
Since these cars are still in the UK, why not contact Siena to do the conversion for you before shipping to Nigeria? That makes a lot of sense to me.

Kind regards.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by GBT(m): 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2010
@sonnie
I don't agree with you that volvos don't have second hand value, but they have low demand. Just like other European cars. They are very great cars. If BMW and M.Benz didn't have franchises here, it would have been the same with them too.

@poster
Since these cars are still in the UK, why not contact Siena to do the conversion for you before shipping to Nigeria? That makes a lot of sense to me.

Kind regards.

MR MONEY. I think Dankiti is spot on and dont listen to anyone advising you to do away with your car.
I have been using my for a year going now and like i earlier said if you have a good maintenance culture then you can not have any issue with the car.
As for the conversion come to think of it since siena is in the UK as Dankiti noted then that will be the best bet as am sure he will carry out a perfect job and you will not have to worry about any one trying to cheat u or manage material as siena is a through dude.
As earlier said please bring it on and let others know that the car is a strong car dont forget it won the best /safest car when it car out.
It is 10 years now the model came out but it is still strong and a BEAUTY TO BEHOLD
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by kamikazee0(m): 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2010
G.B.T is right.
Contact Sienna to see if he can help convert it before shipping it.
Option 2. Ship it down and contact
www.motomarknig.com
Olakunle Oshodi:08024402965
You can call and talk to him to get his opinion and price range or visit the workshop (Conoil Mega Station, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, alausa, Ikeja).

They are good and very reliable.

All the best.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by Reptyle(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2010
How much would get me a 2002 volvo S80?
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by kamikazee0(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2010
@reptyle
for the S80, i think you should budget 1.5 minimum for an AAA rated unit.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by dantitiki(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2010
@kamikazee
I see you already advertising the place already wink
You need no fears for any ride.

Kind regards.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by kamikazee0(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2010
Hey dantitiki!

What a pleasure. Got back about 7pm.
I support and stand by what i believe.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

Have a nice evening.

Cheers.
Re: Want To Bring My Volvo S80 To Nigeria . by MRMoneyE(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2010
I thank you all for your comments and contributions,

(1) (Reply)

2011 Toyota Camry - (brand New) / Super Clean 2013 Honda Accord Sport Edition / Sold 2003 Lexus Rx300 Toks Best Price You Can Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.