Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,779 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria (48391 Views)

Domestic Flights Resume With 4 Airlines, Strict Protocols, Scanty Passengers / FG To Begin Dry Run Ahead Of Domestic Flights Resumption / COVID-19: Domestic Flights Won’t Resume On June 21 – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
At any of the domestic airports in Nigeria, you may not be able to board a commercial airline, for a domestic flight, if any of the under-listed items are found in your luggage or in your possession.

These prohibited items, if found on you, could cause you delay in boarding a flight or even deny you the flight. In some cases, it might even cause you to be arrested, while some of the items can be confiscated and with no other consequence.

See below the list of prohibited items at the SRA or ESRA of any domestic airport in Nigeria as highlighted by the Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria (FAAN).

SHARP OBJECTS

Box cutters, Ice Picks/Axes, Knives with Blades of any length, Paper or Plastic Knives, Razor-type Blades, Sabers, Scissors (Metal or Plastic) with Blades of any Length; Swords, Knitting and Crochet Needle, Screwdrivers, Hypodermic  Syringes ) except on production of doctors certificate stating medical necessity).

SPORTING OBJECTS

Baseball Bats, Bows and Arrows, Cricket Bats, Golf Clubs, Darts, Hockey Sticks, Lacrosse Sticks, Billiard, Snooker or Pool Cues, Ski Poles, Spear Guns, Any other items that, with reasonable consideration, may be used as a potential weapon.

GUNS AND FIREARMS

BB Guns, Compressed Air Guns, Realistic Replica Guns (Plastic or Metal); Flare guns, Flares, Gun Lighters, Gun Powder, Parts of Guns or Firearms,  Pallet Guns, Starter Pistol, Catapult.

FLAMMABLE ITEMS

Fuels – (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel),

Gases  -  (Isobutylene, liquefied gas, usually in lighters Butane Hair Curling Appliances),

Flammable Liquids – (Lighters containing a reservoir of unabsorbed liquid fuel)

Gas Torches, Gasoline Flammable Solids – Firelighters, Hexamine, Oxidising Materials – those materials that react with air, Tupentine and Paint thinners strike anywhere matches, Realistic Replicas of incendiaries.

DISABLING CHEMICALS AND OTHER DANGEROUS ITEMS

Chlorine for Pools and Spas, Compressed Gas Cylinders – including Fire extinguishers liquid bleach,

Poisons – Paint spray cans, warfarin (rat poison), Spillable batteries, Spray Paints, Tear Gas, Radioactive – isotopic samples.

MISCELLANEOUS – Any other commodity that, by its nature, could cause damage to property or injury to person.

TOOLS

Axes and Hatchets, Cattle Prods, Crowbars, Hammers, Drills and Drill Bits, SAWS, Tools of any length, Screwdrivers, Wrenches and Pliers of any Length, Household cutlery

MARTIAL ARTS AND SELF-DEFENSE ITEMS

Billy Clubs, Black Jacks, Brass Knuckles, Kubatons, Pepper Spray/Mace or other Irritant incapacitant, Martial Arts Weapons. Night Sticks, Stun Guns/Shocking Devices, Nunchakus, Throwing Stars.

EXPLOSIVE AND FLAMMABLE MATERIALS, DISABLING CHEMICALS AND OTHER DANGEROUS ITEMS

The following are also not allowed in the SRA or ESRA

EXPLOSIVE MATERIALS

Blasting Caps, Dynamite, Fireworks, Hand Grenades, Plastic Explosives, Realistic Replica of Explosives,

Anything marked so as to indicate that it is, or contains an explosive, whether capable of producing a practical effect by explosion or not.

NARCOTICS

Hard drug of any kind; except on production of documented proof stating medical necessity.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-items-that-are-prohibited-on-a-domestic-flight-in-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by OneKinGuy(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
So weed is allowed

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Eife(m): 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
Yes we wanna know
Is weed allowed �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Yewandequeen(f): 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2018
To The posts above me lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Imustreturn(m): 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
That's ph airport
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by flex04(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2018

8 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by helinues: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
Is agbojedi allowed?

12 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by RexTramadol1: 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
Is that so
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by itiswellandwell: 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
OK
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by originalKsp(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Tripleanthony(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
the way Nigerians are loving weed eh
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by sylve11: 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
Yawns.... undecided cool
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Vicrotica(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
Sure, weed is allowed-for those asking, though it must be either skunk or Colorado to avoid disturbing other customers with your smelly igbo....

I've smoked SK in all my flights to and Fro Abuja, Lagos, Port Hacourt, Owerri. Kano and Enugu cheesy cheesy

I can't forget it, what is more euphoric than getting stoned while the plane is on move

14 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
OneKinGuy:
So weed is allowed

From the list..

NARCOTICS

Hard drug of any kind; except on production of documented proof stating medical necessity.

That includes weed,my daughter.

6 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by DeeTweenie(f): 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
And they did not include CAN DRINKS.. I was not allowed with my CAN DRINK over the weekend, in front of my eyes on woman used a sharp object to open the drink and threw it.

Maybe i will need to get a print out of this post and take it along anytime i'm travelling within the country.
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by OsuMustGo: 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
THANK GOD HEGBO IS NOT ON THE LIST
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Gaston22(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
[color=#000000][/color] I Guess Weed Is Allowed
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by ERONX(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
You omitted Can Drink and Cutlery
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Drwords(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
Vicrotica:
Sure, weed is allowed-for those asking, though it must be either skunk or Colorado to avoid disturbing other customers with your smelly igbo....

I've smoked weed in all my flights to and Fro Abuja, Lagos, Port Hacourt, Owerri. Kano and Enugu cheesy cheesy

I can't forget it, what is more euphoric than getting stoned while the plane is on move

Stupid boy!

14 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by BMZK: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
The common ones are tooth pastes and perfumes

1 Like

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by stanliwise(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2018
We don hear
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
USFOCUS:
Yes, i work as a security guard with salary of 15K, but i can't save enough for this dream of mine (tailor) which has been dieing down. Please people on this forum kindly lend me or give me any amount upto 30K to buy equipment. Please sir/ma kindly help me i pray God will also help you more than what you have in mind to do for me thanks.
3127107889 First bank
08022083055 for any question

30K for tailoring equipment?
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Mryacks: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
BMZK:
The common ones are tooth pastes and perfumes

They are not allowed?
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by midehi2(f): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
Imustreturn:
That's ph airport
Who ask you grin

5 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Blacksodje(m): 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2018
Non-alcoholic beverages are not allowed
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by USFOCUS: 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by Jessyjack(f): 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
even can water and drinks... my son's water was poured out today...

1 Like

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by ObaKlaz: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
Vicrotica:

I've smoked SK in all my flights to and Fro Abuja, Lagos, Port Hacourt, Owerri. Kano and Enugu cheesy cheesy

That's getting REAL HIGH, in every sense of the word. grin

1 Like

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by anjilgreat(f): 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
Mryacks:

They are not allowed?

Perfumes or body spray more than 100mls are not allowed.

I will never forget how I had to let go of a very expensive body spray of 200mls that I just bought because I was told that it was against their flight protocol. I had no other option than to give it as a gift to the airport workers.

4 Likes

Re: Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria by anjilgreat(f): 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2018
Jessyjack:
even can water and drinks... my son's water was poured out today...

You are right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.