Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes (4088 Views)

Man Arrested In Ebonyi For Raping Nine Girls (Picture) / Police Arrest 3 For Selling Fake Police Recruitment Form / Nigerian Man Arrested In Iceland For Infecting Women With HIV (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by edygirl(f): 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2007
It was only on tuesday the 10th of April that it was aired on ABC news  that a Nigerian (an Igbo man)by the name Chukwuemeka Ebelechukwu was arrested in Chicago south side for having 13,725 pairs of fake Nike shoes that he was selling and and storing

And as if that was not enough, today Oprah conducted a show on Scamming and it was all about Nigeria.

My brothers and sisters, what can we do to stop this action and shame those idiots are bringing on us the innocent ones. Should we blame them or our Government? What should we do?

Here is the man's picture. A 27yr old Nigerian man.

Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 14, 2007
damn!!!! thats very embarrassing, i watched the dateline and saw all the fraudsters they revealed, i even had some people ask me if i knew any fraudster, Even here in canada, some nigerians in toronto are really into this credit card scams and its spoiling the rest of out reputation,
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by dblock(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2007
The dude looks like an enlarged version of Cory in 'That's so Raven'
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by DisGuy: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2007
Should we blame them or the Government?
which government do you want to blame, the nigerian govt or the american govt?

Hustler
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by nana(f): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2007
Mehn, Dblock u're funny,
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by saintchux(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2007
This is Nigeria problem. The earlier we understand it as a general problem, the better.

All of us have a role to play, but the government should play a bigger role.

If Nigeria government can Nigerians proud by developing and providing infrastructure, Nigerian will not engage in some of this vice. Our government does not ask those that are living big, how they made their money. Someone will carry millions of naira cash and nothing happens. Government has a bigger role to play. Once they do their part every other thing will fall in place.

How can I report a scammer when I know that once he bails himself with 5000, that will end of the story and he will come and attack me. If the government will do their part Nigeria will be better.
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by osegwu(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2007
It is not the Government at all. It is us.

If that can sell fake Nike shoes then what

Stops him from selling the original? When are the

average Nigerians going to stop worshipping wealth?

Those Nigerian manufacturers producing fake products,

why can't they produce original and charge people for it?

Lets leave the government out of this because it is the same

people ( you and me ) that worship money that will still go all up

and form the government. So lets sanitize ourselves and the Government

will be sanitized.
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by Ndipe(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2007
I am not absolving this man of his crime, but for email scams, let them leave Nigeria for a second and focus more on their citizens. How many of us have not been bombarded with emails from some companies informing us that we have won the lottery or spams from drug companies? What of elderly citizens, who have lost a share of their money to scams in the USA? Fleecing of people is not only peculiar in Nigeria, but rampant in the USA too.
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by nossycheek(f): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2007
@Ndipe

Thanks for telling them the truth.

Where did the words "scam & fraud" originate from?

The whites taught the blacks to steal and now they are the same people crying.

Afterall, is it not greediness that lure most of the 419 victims? When someone tells you to come
and claim some inheritance that does not belong to you and you consented to it and get duped in the
process, who is to blame?

And what of the reparation we sought for long ago? When are we getting that? When MKO resssurrects?
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by Ndipe(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2007
It is greed that motivates these people to fall hook line and sinker to this scammers. Both the scammer and the victim deserve blame. How can one just fall for a single lie that 25 million dollars is waiting for them, for as long as they turn in their bank account information? I sometimes get mail from british companies informing me that I have won the lottery, but I dont even respond to their scam.
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by lewa(m): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2007
Ndipe abi!Thanks jo!What of the numerous mortgage scams going on? Seniors been scammed daily,drug barons selling dope!
Naija is now the whipping boy of ABC when thy are tired they would move on.Greedy people would have their sticky fingers burnt always
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by edatika(m): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2008
that's true,
the people buying the shoes,
did they think they could get the original at whatever prize he was selling to them?

rouges!!!!
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by jona2: 1:41am On Apr 22, 2009
cool cool
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by AloyEmeka6: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
LWKMD  grin grin grin

At least he is not doing 419; he was helping the Chinese distribute their products. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by bkbabe97y(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2011
Roflmao!!!
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by Oluschenco(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
Its not easy, Man must survive now! lol
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
grin grin
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by baretalk: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
This is getting out of hand. Igbos must stop giving birth, and correct this rabid gene, it will lead to global alienation.
Re: Igbo Man Arrested In Chicago For Selling Fake Nike Shoes by Dougyclan: 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
edygirl:
    It was only on tuesday the 10th of April that it was aired on ABC news  that a Nigerian (an Igbo man)by the name Chukwuemeka Ebelechukwu was arrested in Chicago south side for having 13,725 pairs of fake Nike shoes that he was selling and and storing

And as if that was not enough, today Oprah conducted a show on Scamming and it was all about Nigeria.

My brothers and sisters, what can we do to stop this action and shame those idiots are bringing on us the innocent ones. Should we blame them or our Government? What should we do?

Here is the man's picture. A 27yr old Nigerian man.
First of all that man is above 27, just another lie coming from my bloda...

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Celebrating New Year ! (graphic Warning) / Full List: Names Of 15 Top Companies Sponsoring Boko Haram In Nigeria / Is There Any Nigerian Law Against Civilians In Camouflage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.