Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

# Confused: An Optometrist In Need Of A School Abroad For Msc - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / # Confused: An Optometrist In Need Of A School Abroad For Msc (320 Views)

Countries Where Nigerian Students Can Study Abroad For Free / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam / Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

# Confused: An Optometrist In Need Of A School Abroad For Msc by YetidStores(f): 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
Greetings...

Pls, take your time to read and pardon my grammatical blunders. I am confused on what decision to take.

I'm an Optometrist(female) currently on internship in one of the government teaching hospitals in Nigeria aiming to go for my masters degree next year July. Though I wanted to go for Msc after NYSC bc I feel I still need more clinical/practical exposure(I had my externship in a government hospital where we were restricted). But my dad insisted I do it before it....I agreed bc it's an opportunity to get the exposure and also get an additional degree.

Now, my problem lies in the school to pick. I have 6months left to process my transcript and admission. Which school abroad will give me that clinical/practical exposure I thirst for?

I initially concluded on Manipal University, India but many people are discouraging me. They keep insisting that US and Canada is better. From Wikipedia, Canada has only one English speaking school offering Msc optometry and their fee is quite high.

On a second thought, US has more schools but I need one with lots of life practicals? Is it possible to get my US visa and admission before July

Pls, your opinions are needed
Re: # Confused: An Optometrist In Need Of A School Abroad For Msc by tripplephi: 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2018
very possible, I have a nurse friend working in the UK as a caregiver and she says lots of schools in the US are very practical when it comes to MEDICAL FIELDS like optometry so I suggest you google or use YOUTUBE in your findings. When you get there you could meet students of these schools to get more light.
if you gave a list i could have helped make more research for you.

I wish u well.
YetidStores:
Greetings...

Pls, take your time to read and pardon my grammatical blunders. I am confused on what decision to take.

I'm an Optometrist(female) currently on internship in one of the government teaching hospitals in Nigeria aiming to go for my masters degree next year July. Though I wanted to go for Msc after NYSC bc I feel I still need more clinical/practical exposure(I had my externship in a government hospital where we were restricted). But my dad insisted I do it before it....I agreed bc it's an opportunity to get the exposure and also get an additional degree.

Now, my problem lies in the school to pick. I have 6months left to process my transcript and admission process. Which school abroad will give me that clinical/practical exposure I thirst for?

I initially concluded on Manipal University, India but many people are discouraging me. They keep insisting that US and Canada is better. From Wikipedia, Canada has only one English speaking school offering Msc optometry and their fee is quite high.

On a second thought, US has more schools but I need one with lots of life practicals? Is it possible to get my US visa and and admission before July

Pls, your opinions are needed
Re: # Confused: An Optometrist In Need Of A School Abroad For Msc by YetidStores(f): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2018
Pls I need more comments undecided

(1) (Reply)

Urgent! Pre Degree Form 2018 / ASUP Strike Has No Plan Of Ending Soon / Fast Facts: Some Eagles Can Break The Human Bone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.