Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions (2280 Views)

JOOMLA Experts...drop Ur Numbers Lets Create A Whatsapp Group To Help Ourdelves / Joomla Experts Help Me! / Mainly For Joomla Experts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by ponana(m): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2010
I have being searching all over the joomla website for a photo gallery extension that has a module that can display selected picture from my gallery in a module position or preferably on the frontpage , no luck. Any ideas on one that can fit in the description.Plus i would prefer a module i can turn off the powered by link or tweak it (assistance would be need in this area as well.

ANother question i have is that,is it compulsory i use .htacess to protect my admin interface plus how do i do it.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by sage100: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2010
Hi,
I have one that I used for one of my clients visit www.ipftogo.org and check out the gallery if you are interested i can mail it to you just let me know at payee2000ng(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2010
there are gazzilions of photo galleries for joomla. but i find out sometimes that it is easier to search using google like this search term: "photo gallery joomla 1.5"
As for the .htaccess, it is not compulsory but very important to make your site more difficult to hack (not impossible).
Meanwhile, if you are using a windows server, you may have some issues with .htaccess
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by jjjkkkooo: 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2010
hv u tried phoca gallery. cute and easy to use
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by ponana(m): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2010
I tried phoca gallery but i cannot disable/remove the powered by link (then what is the essence of it being free).If you can help out with that let me know.

@sage100
I Know how to get a photo gallery,what i need is a photo gallery that has a module attached to it so that i dont have to link the gallery component via a menu link.Let me know if you can help.

@dhtml
I get what you are saying man, but i think its jst good to be security conscious and protect informations and links like that.Further instructions on how to go through with that would be appreciated.
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by inf8nity(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2010
I tried phoca gallery but i cannot disable/remove the powered by link (then what is the essence of it being free).If you can help out with that let me know.

There is no free lunch after all. Get the extension for "free" and in turn advertise them for "free". grin
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by mcfranc(m): 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2010
errr, i dont think it is a good idea to teach people to bypass. . . .brother, go and pay to get the full version, dont let the programmers go hungry!
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by jjjkkkooo: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2010
ponana:

@sage100
I Know how to get a photo gallery,what i need is a photo gallery that has a module attached to it so that i dont have to link the gallery component via a menu link.Let me know if you can help.

@dhtml
I get what you are saying man, but i think its jst good to be security conscious and protect informations and links like that.Further instructions on how to go through with that would be appreciated.

Well, i ve not tried to remove the powered by phoca gallery. but i dont think u shld bother ur self about it. most of the websites on the internet use a third ppart tool for images gallery, video and the like and they dont remove the powerd by soo ,
Re: Joomla Experts, I Need Your Suggestions by ponana(m): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
Aight, fellow webbies.I don hear una.Would past my site for review once am through.

(1) (Reply)

Webhostilla Free Websites - Who Wants A Free Website? / Learn Web Design, Computer Graphics And Other Computer Skills / Top 5 Skills Essential For Every Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.