Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Offa And The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Offa And The Senate (262 Views)

Saraki Sends Dino Melaye Back To His Seat At The Senate (Video) / Pictures Of Dino Melaye Before And After He Entered The Senate Chamber / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Offa And The Senate by Jimsonjaat96(m): 1:41am On Dec 07, 2018
OFFA AND THE SENATE: I PREACH PEACE
The first, one and only Offa indigene to become a Senator was the late Alhaji Thomade. And He was totally removed 8 months after he become a Senator, because the Olushola Saraki (Bukola Saraki's father)'s Dynasty frustrated his Senatorship. Trouble started when Alhaji Thomade spent only 3 months, he got removed by the 6th months. He started arguing/fighting the already-lost war which eventually become evidently lost by the 8 months.
Yes, it's been so long that even some elderly persons have forgotten whether Thomade's Senatorship was 3,6 or 8 months. I was born in May, 1996...I guess it's long before then.
Why the story? It's because the incoming elections, especially the Senatorial election, seems to be used to sow seeds of disunity, discord and hatred among the Offa indigene. Architect Lola Ashiru has been contesting for one post or the other before I myself knew what politics was. For one reason or the other which are now at public knowledge, he never gets voted in.
Saheed Popoola didn't decamp to PDP when others were. Even with the alleged enticing 15 million given to the decampees.
Lola Ashiru has been waiting for years (since early 200s), Saheed Popoola is a proven hand (check his Offa LG Chairmanship records).
I support nobody. I only preach. Offa is known to be a land of peace. Please, let no politics separate us .....
Desk Of Insanity,
Jimson Jaat Taofik
The M.A.D Writer
(Making A Difference)
Re: Offa And The Senate by Cofrancis(m): 1:47am On Dec 07, 2018
na so

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Administration Most Corrupt Ever – Prophet El-buba / Buhari Sheilding Military Officials, Bokoharam Terrorists Who Commit Atrocities: / EFCC Speaks Out On ‘arresting’ Atiku’s Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.