Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” (4439 Views)

Translating 'Allah' As 'God' / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Lukgaf(m): 5:30am On Dec 07, 2018
Question

Nowadays it is very common to see Western electronic games that are based on a contest between two players, and when one player beats the other, a phrase appears on the screen stating that So-and-so has defeated So-and-so. But the problem here is that when he defeats other players, there often appears a strange word, and it says that So-and-so is “Godlike”. I would like an explanation of what this word means, and whether it is permissible to say it, or for players to use it, because I see some players describing professional players as being “God” or “Godlike”.

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

It is not permissible to describe a professional player or anyone else by calling him “God” because this word refers to the divine or to Allah, and he cannot be described as “Godlike” because this word also refers to that which is divine.

What appears in these games – as you mentioned – confirms that this is what they mean, which is that the player is like God, powerful and mighty.

It is well-known that there is no god but Allah alone, with no partner or associate, with none like unto Him, and no peer or equal. All beings other than Him are slaves who are subject to Him, created beings with no element of divinity, and no resemblance to the divine whatsoever.

This attitude is the attitude of the polytheists since ancient times, who attribute divinity to whatever they love and venerate.

Ar-Raaghib al-Asfahaani (may Allah have mercy on him) said: They use the word “god” to refer to anything that is worshipped by them, as in the case of al-Laat, and they regarded the sun as a goddess, because they took it as an object of worship.

The Arabic word ilaah (god) refers to any object of worship.

End quote from al-Mufradaat, p. 83.

So be very careful and be wary of using such words, for a word may cause the one who utters it to be sent down into Hell further than the distance between the east and the west.

Al-Bukhaari (6478) and Muslim (2988) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that he heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “A person may utter a word that pleases Allah, not paying it much heed, because of which Allah may raise him several degrees in status, and a person may utter a word that angers Allah, not paying it much heed, because of which he may be sent down into Hell.”

Al-Bukhaari (6477) and Muslim (2988) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that he heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “A person may utter a word, not realizing its repercussions, because of which he may be sent down into Hell further than the distance between the east and the west.”

It was narrated by at-Tirmidhi (2319) and Ibn Maajah (3969) from Bilaal ibn al-Haarith al-Muzani, the companion of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), that he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say:

“One of you may speak a word that pleases Allah, and not know how far it reaches, but Allah will decree that He is pleased with it until the Day of Resurrection.

And one of you may speak a word that angers Allah, and not know how far it reaches, but Allah will decree that He is angry with it, until the Day he meets Him.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/295658/ruling-on-describing-a-professional-player-as-god-or-godlike
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by BadiratT: 9:42am On Dec 07, 2018
Okay .....May Allah guide us.
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by chuose2: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2018
princechurchill:
Here we go again with their dogma that can't remove poverty from their region
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8279052_giphy2_jpega5defc88371bfe85c2d7c8a992e9eeab

Its Allah's wish they remain poor, thank goodness it's not Gods wish.

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by SmartMindsFx: 10:10am On Dec 07, 2018
God is the Almighty
While god is just a spiritual or immortal being.
So, if a person is labelled "godlike", it simply means that person is spectacular.
I so no fault in tagging anyone " godlike"

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Fierce11: 10:11am On Dec 07, 2018
Y'all are f00lish!! Messi is the GOD of football!

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2018
princechurchill:
Here we go again with their dogma that can't remove poverty from their region

Is the poverty your own?

Dangotes and Rabiu Musa and other billionaires are atheist and Christians isn't it?

When fools speak you just need to shake your head in pity at their malfunctioning brain.

Go take your pills.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by princechurchill(m): 10:17am On Dec 07, 2018
Friend01:

Is the poverty your own?

Dangotes and Rabiu Musa and other billionaires are atheist and Christians isn't it?

When fools speak you just need to shake your head in pity at their malfunctioning brain.

Go take your pills.

Their poverty and illiteracy is killing the development of my country they keep supporting those that know nothing about leadership like buhari

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:17am On Dec 07, 2018
MoodysMood:
Mohamed na dik

I hope you know if I were to insult your parents and your entire generation it would sound milder than this balderdash you just spewed.

I wonder where you went to when God was giving people brain.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2018
princechurchill:

Their poverty and illiteracy is killing the development of my country they keep supporting those that know nothing about leadership like buhari

illiteracy?

How many professors do you people boast of and yet ,you are still being looted and made mockery of by your ruling class.

don't even get me started on all. the rubbish yiu people do.
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2018
chuose2:

Its Allah's wish they remain poor, thank goodness it's not Gods wish.

Calling you an slowpoke would be an insult to imbeciles. You sound more like a missing patient from a psychiatric ICU.
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by princechurchill(m): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2018
Friend01:

illiteracy?

How many professors do you people boast of and yet ,you are still being looted and made mockery of by your ruling class.

don't even get me started on all. the rubbish yiu people do.

Here we go again

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2018
princechurchill:

Here we go again
I knew you were just seeking for attention from one of us that you have been deprived of in the real world.
Enjoy your one minute of fame while it last after which, you can crawl back to the hole you crawled out from.
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by princechurchill(m): 10:31am On Dec 07, 2018
Friend01:
I knew you were just seeking for attention from one of us that you have been deprived of in the real world.
Enjoy your one minute of fame while it last after which, you can crawl back to the hole you crawled out from.

You need to pay attention to your real world in Boko Haram lots of holes for dead bodies there

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2018
princechurchill:

You need to pay attention to your real world in Boko Haram lots of holes for dead bodies there

This should be last mention to you.

You left the topic and started throwing things in like a deranged idiot and no one answered you, but as usual you kept on throwing more trash in from anywhere and anything your infested brain could pick up like an idiot trying to get rid of chronic halitosis.

Do I blame you.

However, I have one word of advice for you, when you see humans taking just hide yourself in that self decrepit stinking hole your crawled out from so you don't infect us with debilitating imbecility .
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Friend01(m): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2018
princechurchill:

Please, do you people share stupidity for free or is it genetically modified gift from nature?
But it seems more like the latter than the former.
I don't even know why I am quoting you.
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:10am On Dec 07, 2018
Islam is the only religion with rules and Obligations! Just leave them. They have no rules and are looking for who to infest and infect with their unruly behavior!

We take our Allaah seriously and no one can be called by His Name (Allaah).

We honour Prophet Muhammad, the last Messenger after Prophet "Eesa (Jesus).

Sissie, Lalasticlala

Please change our icon to:

"I believe that there is no god/God worthy of worship but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet and Messenger (that came after Prophet 'Eesa{Jesus})."

Let the above statement be shown also in the non-Muslims who invade our thread to abuse, spoil and derail it.

Jazaak Allaahu Khayran

May the peace and blessings of Allaah be on Muhammad ibn Abdullah, 'Eesa Ibn Maryam and all other Prophets and Messengers, their families and companions and on all those who follow their path till the day of Hisab! Aamin.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
Sorry ehn. Don't cry anymore.

[img]https://i./3NowX.gif[/img]

I promise that as from now henceforth, only the truth about MOO will come out of my mouth wink wink

Today is Friday! A person's name usually affects him/her.

You are OkunrinOloro (toxic man) and may Allaah protect us from you and your kind! Aamin

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by OkunrinOloro: 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
Life is toxic, especially any life with MOOslims in it grin. I'm a product of my environment.

[img]https://media1./images/aa58fc971393d35b8619740434c05b29/tenor.gif?itemid=7240662[/img]
Rashduct4luv:

Today is Friday! A person's name usually affects him/her.

You are OkunrinOloro (toxic man) and may Allaah protect us from you and your kind! Aamin
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
Life is toxic, especially any life with MOOslims in it grin. I'm a product of my environment.

[img]https://media1./images/aa58fc971393d35b8619740434c05b29/tenor.gif?itemid=7240662[/img]

We ask Allaah to guide us and Protect us from what has befallen you!

You are toxic in your real life and such toxicity extends up to Nairaland!

We are Muslims!

May Allaah prevent us from your toxicity!
Re: Ruling On Describing A Professional Player As “god” Or “godlike” by chuose2: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2018
Friend01:

Calling you an slowpoke would be an insult to imbeciles.
You sound more like a missing patient from a psychiatric ICU.

Why u dey insult me?

Someone said, it's Allah's wish for them to remain poor.

I am simply grateful that though Allah wants people poor, God does not want us poor.

Na me cause?

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Statements By Muhammad: Hallucination Or Reality / / The Significance Of Tawheed And The Importance Of Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.