Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. (1821 Views)

Bowen University: All The Facts You Need To Know / 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC / Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by Shollze: 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Kindly permit me to share this information about the imbroligo going on in BOWEN UNIVERSITY IWO OSUN STATE.
The following is from a senior colleague working there.
As copied from his platform :

Friends and Family have been calling to know the state of affairs at Bowen University where I am presently working and I am now using the opportunity to present the state of things as best as I can for now..........

Bowen University is not on strike, the rumour being peddled around that Bowen Lecturers are on strike because a Lecturer or a 400 level students (depending on the version you heard) impregnated the V.C's wife is a wicked lie from the deepest pit of hell. It is a fake news.
The truth of the matter is that the School is waging war against drug abuse among students especially marijuana and codeine.

The new V.C assumed duty on August this year while his wife transferred her services as Senior Lecturer from Federal University Oye Ekiti just about eight weeks ago. All of us both teaching and non-teaching staffs are solidly behind the V.C in getting rid of drug addicts from the University, some (transferred from other Universities) are children of some high and mighty people in the country that are dumped here to be remolded. By intelligence gathering, some of these notorious students were known but there was no evidence to nail them.

Last week Friday, they had a trade fair in the school which was organized by students themselves as part of a departmental unit course. The intelligence gathering revealed that they had used the opportunity to bring in loads of marijuana and tramadol into the campus. After, the end of the fair, some of these students were high on drugs and they started misbehaving in the hostels, including girls. An anonymous text was sent to the V.C from some concerned students that some of their colleagues were high on drugs and safety and security were not guaranteed. The V.C immediately set machinery in motion to arrest this situation.

So around midnight till early morning on Saturday, December 1, 2018, the V.C had meeting with the security unit and academic units to carry out drug test with the first urine sample around 5:00 a.m on the 33 marked male students and 4 marked female students. They were caught unawares as some of them out-rightly refused to be tested.
Out of the 33 male students, 24 tested positive (77.7%) while all the 4 female students (100%) tested positive to use of hard drugs.

The V.C decided to call all their parents to report to school and pick their ward first before final decision of the management would be communicated. 17 of the parents came to pick their wards. leaving 11 remaining students, as the school can not just send them out without proper handing over to their parents, they were allowed to stay over night till the next day when their parents would come. These 11 quickly organized and arranged with some other hard drugs colleagues which were not picked for the test to cause mayhem and see if they could probably burn down the hostel and some important building in the school.
Thank God, they didn't succeed in burning down the hostel or any building as they were totally curbed by the security
Since they discovered that they have failed, they resulted to mudslinging, and peddling of lies as fake rumours.

In fact a bag load of marijuana was recovered from one of them which was alleged to be a major seller of the 'commodity' among the students. The unfortunate thing about it, is that this guy's father is said to be a 'Spiritual Minister'.
Bowen is having zero tolerance for drugs and cultism.....

Dear Parents be watchful, if you have a a grown up child especially teenager and those in their twenties and he loves holding a bottle every time with a face towel/handkerchiefs thinking he is holding a bottle of water, please try one day to take the bottle from him and verify the content of what he is carrying, do not assume he is just carrying coca cola or water... a word is enough for the wise....
'Train up a child in the right way in which he will walk... and when he is mature enough, he will not depart from it......'---Copied.

1 Like

Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
undecided

Should I be concern about this??
I don't think so
Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by ibori1(m): 12:00am On Dec 08, 2018
gud md bad new
note no more free odds here anymore you can drop u number so I add u on WhatsApp so we discuss
(Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report) 1 Share (Un-Share )
#T
Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by luckyz4rea(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
undecided

Should I be concern about this??
I don't think so

Who your unconcern help? How are you by the way?

1 Like

Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by Jackossky(m): 12:07am On Dec 08, 2018
It's imbroglio and not imbroligo.
Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 08, 2018
luckyz4rea:

Who your unconcern help? How are you by the way?

You just showed concern.
I'm fine.

2 Likes

Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by SKhanmi: 2:27am On Dec 08, 2018
*are children of some high and mighty people in the country that are dumped here to be remolded*

Like the signs weren't there before they collected the fees & gave them admission. Double faced schools. Refer them to rehabilitation na,says no private school ever. By the way,it's a lost war. Some of the staff are also involved. They know the routine
Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by eddyghali(m): 6:31am On Dec 08, 2018
VC's wife was impregnated. That's all we know. I dont know why private uni breeds criminals BTW

2 Likes

Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:44am On Dec 08, 2018
Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by lekelee50(m): 8:22am On Dec 08, 2018
Story
Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by JohnFrankling(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2018
Okay picture of the VC wife nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bowen University And The Ongoing Issues: The Facts. by Ayobami7(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2018
各大主流

(1) (Reply)

Earn 1000 Naira Daily On Erudites Game / Non Payment Of Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (siwes) 2007/ 2008 / Comrade Abiodun(S.U.G PRESIDENT ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION)Death Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.