Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Chidinma Onuoha Gives You Leadership Lessons From Abigail - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chidinma Onuoha Gives You Leadership Lessons From Abigail (346 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Honoured With The Global Leadership Award / DREAM (ODEYA) - By Chidinma Jerry / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chidinma Onuoha Gives You Leadership Lessons From Abigail by ekaromail: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2018
The first thing that captivated me about this book, was the title. It made me curious about who Abigail was, and why she isn’t a bitch?
The subheading; ‘Leadership Lessons From the Wife of a Fool’, also got my attention. I was eager to know what the wife of a fool had to offer.

I must say, that I wasn’t disappointed when I read the content of this mind-blowing work.

If you are the type of person who is picky about the kind of books to read because you’re probably a religious person I recommend Chidinma S. Onuoha’s Abigail is not a Bitch - https://okadabooks.com/book/about/abigail_is_not_a_bitch/24033

It is just right for people who desire to take charge of their lives by using biblical principles.

You will find wisdom principles from great men and women in this book, written in a way that makes you want to savour each chapter as they are power-packed with questions and wise solutions mostly about our current clime.

Chidinma S. Onuoha’s writing style is unique and different from other Christian Literature I’ve read. I consider it artistic to be able to intelligently derive leadership lessons from the character who happens to be the wife of a fool and how the lessons learnt could be applied to our everyday life.

I would like to recommend this book to women, especially WOMEN, who have been abused or have lost their sense of purpose and see themselves as weak.

One of the captivating themes in Abigail is not a Bitch, is the theme of Self-awareness. The author pointed out how Abigail was able to understand the peculiarity of the situation her husband had caused and her ability to diligently take charge of her life and solve it.

She also addressed the issue of pastors not preaching about strong women and considers it inappropriate the stereotype which says, ‘a woman is incomplete without a man and as such, an abusive man, is better than no man’. According to Chidinma S. Onuoha, ‘these inadequate narratives do not empower women to live up to their full potential in God.’

There’s also a poem in the book for poem lovers, titled, ‘What is Your Make-up Covering?’ The lyrics of the poem conveys strong messages for Abused women in the church. It shows that the author recognizes the fact that abused women are also in the church but we most definitely can’t see them because ‘make-up, hides it all.

This book makes you understand that ‘God is always with every woman in their painful situation, and he expects the woman in that situation, to think strategically about how to solve it’.

The author’s use of biblical references will also help women who are most concerned about what society would say instead of what God says, to take the bold step of being in control of their lives. It is a book that isn’t solely written from an empirical or biological perspective but also from the spiritual perspective.

Unravelling some of the vital points talked about to address some issues such as what to do when faced with precarious situations, decision making, how to think like a snake and act like a dove, and most of all, how a Godly woman married to a fool, can stay sane.

This book not only addresses marital issues and how to tackle them, but also Leadership issues at work, and as a boss; how to handle your workers and co-workers alike. It is certainly a must-read for everyone, both male and female in Nigeria and in the Diaspora.

This book is not a Feminist based book because it didn’t talk about equality between the male and female, rather, it took a neutral ground, addressing what needs to be addressed in the society, especially violence against women, as this is rampant in our world today, as well as the fact that women need to take charge of their lives.

It’s a must read and you can buy and read it on OkadaBooks. - https://okadabooks.com/book/about/abigail_is_not_a_bitch/24033

Re: Chidinma Onuoha Gives You Leadership Lessons From Abigail by ekaromail: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2018
Divepen

(1) (Reply)

Two Worlds - Final Episode / Behold! No Human Is Ever Useless By Tijani Kayode Muhydeen / A Million Sunsets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.