Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo (14076 Views)

IPOB Crisis Deepens As Nnamdi Kanu's Family Fight Over Money, Bank Accounts / 2023: Are Atiku, Tinubu In Secret Moves To Float 3rd Force? / FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Islie: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2018
Posted By: Adekunle JIMOH

The Federal Government yesterday said it would float People’s Money Bank in the country next year.

It added that the bank, when established, will have branches in all the states of the federation for traders and artisans to have access to credit facilities.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said this in Ilorin, Kwara State capital at the launch of ‘Tradermoni’ micro-credit scheme.

Prof Osinbajo made the disclosure during a talk in a private radio station, Sobi FM Ilorin, after launching the programme at Ipata and some other markets in the town.

He said that there is no politics involved in the administration’s ‘Tradermoni’ micro-credit scheme.

The Vice President said the government considered petty traders for the programme because it is always difficult for them to access bank loan because of the belief that they would hardly refund.

He said though there was no collateral for the loan, refund may not be difficult with the design that a beneficiary who refunds will receive bigger one.

He explained that beneficiaries at the start are given N10,000 while after refund they receive N15,000 with the progression to continue up till N50,000.

He said that the government targeted a total of two million petty traders across the states of the federation for the programme with minimum of 30,000 beneficiaries per state.

He added that contrary to insinuations in some quarters, it was neither buying vote with the programme nor favouring members of the All Progressives Congress with the programme.

He said contrary to the criticism that the government launched the programme at election time, the programme started in 2016 and fully took off after the National Assembly approved money for it about seven months ago.

Osinbajo said the programme was for the benefit of the masses, petty traders, saying that once the people enjoy the benefit, it is out of place to be complaining about the timing, asking: “Is there any time wrong to do the right thing?”

He denied that the micro credit was being given to only members of the APC, saying that beneficiaries are not considered on account of party affiliations but on merit.

“It is false that only members of the APC are being considered for the money. Nobody even asks anybody about his or her party or trying to know whether you are APC or PDP. Even those who belong to no party are part of the beneficiaries,” he stated

He said that the Marketmoni version of the micro credit programme meant for artisans and marketers of higher status would commence with N50,000 for the beneficiaries and explained that the people could receive up to N300, 000 when they do not derail in refunding.

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-float-peoples-money-bank-next-year-says-osinbajo/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Stalwert: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2018
We ipob are saddened, why must this man be interested in progress? Can't he loot like our candidate?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by lastmessenger: 10:42am On Dec 08, 2018
This thread is only for those who worship buhari eg Afonjas,almajiris and Yoruba muzlems
Ipob stay clear

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by GavelSlam: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2018
Starboy wey sure.
grin

12 Likes

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by cdqyehyeh(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Starboy dey for ussssss.
walicha o walicha.
Pmb Nd Osinbanjo dey for us till 2023

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by buhariguy(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2018
Buhari till 2023

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by lonecatt(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2018
If it targets only 30,000 traders in a state what happens to other traders?
This is a sophisticated way of buying over 30percent of traders votes in all the state.
Scam alert

1 Like

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by SKhanmi: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2018
Sigh! We never learn do we. Abeg add this clause......Probably ,if Buhari is re-elected 2019.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by madmohamed(m): 11:11am On Dec 08, 2018
Stalwert:
We ipob are saddened, why must this man be interested in progress? Can't he loot like our candidate?
I'm proudly ipob if u don't like it go and die

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by bettercreature(m): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2018
lonecatt:
If it targets only 30,000 traders in a state what happens to other traders?
This is a sophisticated way of buying over 30percent of traders votes in all the state.
Scam alert
30.000 from each state! Even if Its vote buying atleast its better than giving the money to Dasuki to share it among the elites

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by buhariguy(m): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2018
lastmessenger:
This thread is only for those who worship buhari eg Afonjas,almajiris and Yoruba muzlems
Ipoh stay clear
because iPod were not collecting the money

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by bknight: 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2018
We know what happens to all government owned businesses undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Daviddson(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
Nice initiative. But Buhari that we know is a very slow, ineffective somebori, so next year is not feasible at all (that's if he wins re-election). Ordinary yearly budget....he cannot send it to NASS in September so that it can be passed by December, is it a whole new banking legislation that'll become a reality over night?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Pekele007: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
bettercreature:
30.000 from each state! Even if Its vote buying atleast its better than giving the money to Dasuki to share it among the elites

What's the difference between vote buying and stealing of money? Are both not corruption?

Or is there a corrupt act greater than the other? Lass lass na scam. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by WRola: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
Good day Sirs/Mas, pls kindly assist me. I'm a final year student having difficulty completing my school and hostel fee. The registration portal was recently locked and reopened for just six days. As at today 12/8/18 we've just three days left.
I'm the sponsor of myself, I work during holidays to come up with my fees but during the just concluded holiday I was sick so I couldn't work. I've not been able to attend classes due to hustle to get this fees paid. I'm highly depressed and don't know what else to do or whom to approach for help.
Pls assist me as you deem fit. May God bless you and grant you all you desire.
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by princeade86(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
scammer government. pastor that is lying.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Are we in a communist country. This must be another scam!
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hehehe! I laugh in my native dialect.
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Trendy247: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Just do am b4 election o
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Trendy247: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ggvv
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Isobug: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Stalwert:

Is like you eat Ipob as food..... Why are you so pained like this?. You'll die a hater.

Hater of life
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Authoreety: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
I wonder why APC has been fronting this man 2 much...

Maybe they are scared that goodbad guys like myself will remove ogas cap...

Anyway I still don't believe he is cloned
But I think I'll try to be sure if given d opportunity

1 Like

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by silasely(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Scam
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by contigiency(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2018
For the first time government is thinking about the critical mass instead of the elites alone as witnessed in the past 16 years of PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by WhiZTiM(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
Sophisticated vote buying grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Fuckyoumod: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
Why next year
Why not this year or year before last when hunger was biting and consuming this country.

Thunder fire you and buhari dia!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Ballotti: 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
LOOTERMONI PART II. grin
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2018
Until I see the bank and true beneficiaries, I won't say a word. Those scammers have proved not be trusted one bit.

1 Like

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by ClearFlair: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
Brilliant. grin
Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by crownwealth: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2018
Fraudulent statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Hoodbilonia: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2018
jubril said so

1 Like

Re: FG To Float People’s Money Bank Next Year, Says Osinbajo by Stalwert: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2018
[s]
Isobug:

Is like you eat Ipob as food..... Why are you so pained like this?. You'll die a hater.

Hater of life
[/s]

ipob rougues do not impress me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Operatives Invade Home Of Reuters’ Correspondent In Bayelsa / Court Grants Godwin Emefiele Bail / Buhari Accredited, Expresses Satisfaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.