Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh (11217 Views)

Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times / Assessing Buhari’s Economic Outcome Vs Obasanjo, Yaradua & Jonathan (Pix Video) / Buhari’s Economic Scorecard Is Disastrous ~ Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by nairavsdollars(f): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2018
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Prince Tony Momoh, a former Minister of Information, has admitted that there is hunger in the country but added that President Muhammadu Buhari is addressing it through massive investment in agriculture especially production of locally grown rice.

Speaking in an interview with INDEPENDENT, Momoh, who is one of the national leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), also said it is unfair for the opposition especially the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to claim that President Buhari has achieved nothing since assuming office in May 2015.

Momoh also said President Buhari’s economic policies is not responsible for the hunger being experienced in the country.

He said “There is hunger in the land but if you pray to be fed, the answer to that prayer is food. You either grow it or buy it. Look at what we are growing and how much we have saved fighting importation of food and growing food.

“We have also saved a lot with the school feeding programme through people in the area growing the food and women in the area cooking the food. All these are areas of meeting the hunger problem.

“No! The hunger is not as a result of the President’s economic policies. I told you that the answer to the prayer to be fed is food. Yes, there is hunger in the land but do you know how much we spend in importing rice everyday and how much we save trying to grow the rice? You cannot say because you are hungry and today, you want to plant food today and then harvest it and eat it today.

“In nature, there is no accident. There is no shortcut in nature. I interviewed Fidel Castro when I was Minister and I also spoke to Jerry Rawlings. Those two leaders mobilised their people for productivity. You know the sacrifices their countries had to make and the tough choices they had to make to be able to feed themselves.

“Then you will know that when there is hunger in the land, you do not go to the church or mosque to pray for food to come without growing it. You need to have money to buy the food or you have to grow the food to eat. Nobody can say that the Buhari administration has not faced agriculture frontally and that the harvest has not been commendable,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/there-is-hunger-in-the-land-but-tony-momoh/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by madridguy(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2018
Thank You Sai Baba. If not for PMB, by now Nigeria will be completing with Venezuala in tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Optional09: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Everybody don chop dodo.

It would be too hard to speak the truth

We want to completely change the sets of leaders we have. You are all incompetent mismanaging Nigeria for about 57year. There’s no level of explanation that can justify your failure.

Enough is enough!, we want new generation leaderships who understands how the world is changing with technology, inventions, industrialization, infrastructures and human capital development.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Racoon(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
Thought APC have fulfiled all it campaign promises? Guess Ngige said only PDP members are complaining of hardship including hunger? Reality is more clearer now right?

So you acknowledged that there is widespread hunger in the land? And the Buhari's APC government lack of feasible economic blueprint never caused it?

So how can the socioeconomic status of Nigerians go so bad that widespread hunger will not be prevalent in the land?

Meanwhile what happened the the rice revolution and the alleged collapse of the Thailand rice pyramids? It is not easy to be a Buharideen/Buharimaniacs o.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by hisexcellency34: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
This is one honest APC member at least to admit that there is hunger in the land. But he once said something about stoning APC leaders

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Cutefergieee: 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
Optional09:
Everybody don chop dodo.

It would be too hard to speak the true.

We want to completely change the sets of leaders we have. You are all incompetent mismanaging Nigeria for about 57year. There’s no level of explanation that can justify your failure.

Enough is enough!, we can want new generation leadership who understands how the world is changing with technology, inventions, industrialization, infrastructures and human capital development.

Speak the what?
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Olujoe1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
No justification for the wicked, the only thing we've enjoyed in this government is excuses....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Smart3856bwxu: 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ff

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by lilmax(m): 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
exactly PDP destroyed the country for 16years where food was available

PDP caused this

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Olujoe1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
This one is sick
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by traihit: 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
I don't know whether it is true or not but I know that we've not experience any physically positive downturn in our economy since he came in.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Pekele007: 2:55pm On Dec 08, 2018
Tony Momoh the hungry man.

Anywhere belle face thief
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Josnac(m): 2:55pm On Dec 08, 2018
Chai, does the brain's capacity to function and be reasonable degrade with old age??

I ask because I don't understand what this old man is saying.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by FarahAideed: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2018
You are a fool for saying this

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Donald95(m): 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
Fat Moro.n. It is the fault of people on the street hustling to meet end meets

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by 12345DKO(m): 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
I guess it is the economic policies of each family that caused the hunger in the land then.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Maxymilliano(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
This man still dey talk

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by YellowSimba: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
Buhari will destroy Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDnuvsfG8U
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2018
The Nigerians who voted for a dullard who thinks USA means United Kingdom of America. grin

The same Tony Momoh that said we should stone them if APC fails in two years? Now is time to stone them with our PVCs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by WRola: 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2018
Good day Sirs/Mas, pls kindly assist me. I'm a final year student having difficulty completing my school and hostel fee. The registration portal was recently locked and reopened for just six days. As at today 12/8/18 we've just a day left.
I'm the sponsor of myself, I work during holidays to come up with my fees but during the just concluded holiday I was sick so I couldn't work. I've not been able to attend classes due to hustle to get this fees paid. I'm highly depressed and don't know what else to do or whom to approach for help.
Pls assist me as you deem fit. May God bless you and grant you all you desire.
Attached is a proof to back my claim.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Damsyjay(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2018
So tell us the cause mr man
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2018
I wonder how much Tony Momoh was paid to make this vacuous statement.

APC keep looking for endorsements from deadwood like Momoh, men of yesterday who do not have any credibility.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Stalwert: 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2018
[s]
Racoon:
Thought APC have fulfiled all it campaign promises? Guess Ngige said only PDP members are complaining?
Reality is more clearer now right?

So you acknowledged that there is widespread hunger in the land? And the Buhari's lack of feasible economic blueprint never caused it?

So how can the socioeconomic status of Nigerians go so bad that widespread hunger will not be prevalent in the land?

Meanwhile what happened the the rice revolution and the alleged collapse of the Thailand rice pyramids? It is not easy to be a Buharideen/Buharimaniacs o.
[/s]

Always bitter and making no sense. Under your cursed pdp number of Nigerians in absolute poverty stood at 62% so is hunger really new? after looting mindlessly for 16 years did you think they won't be consequences?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Optional09: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

Speak the what?

Understand is need goat head
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by blacknp(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2018
Racoon:
Thought APC have fulfiled all it campaign promises? Guess Ngige said only PDP members are complaining?
Reality is more clearer now right?

So you acknowledged that there is widespread hunger in the land? And the Buhari's lack of feasible economic blueprint never caused it?

Lazy man be waiting for government to come and give you food to eat and grow for money?ignorant almijiri.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Shookonekilla: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2018
Buhari is a total failure and an uneducated stupid president

His policies crippled this nation, drove inflation sky high and made nigerians poorer than they have ever been

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by blacknp(m): 3:29pm On Dec 08, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:
I wonder how much Tony Momoh was paid to make this vacuous statement.

APC keep looking for endorsements from deadwood like Momoh, men of yesterday who do not have any credibility.
The truth is a bitter pill to swallow,you better adjust yourself for the next 4 years and try your best to prosper.
Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by gurunlocker: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
Sorry, are you talking about the same Buhari that have no economic policies?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by Racoon(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
[s]
Stalwert:

Always bitter and making no sense. Under your cursed pdp number of Nigerians in absolute poverty stood at 62% so is hunger really new? after looting mindlessly for 16 years did you think they won't be consequences?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by blacknp(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Shookonekilla:
Buhari is a total failure and an uneducated stupid president

His policies crippled this nation, drove inflation sky high and made nigerians poorer than they have ever been

Economical policy,Ministry of Finance (headed by a Yoruba woman Kemi Adeosun),budget and planning Udoma Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom),The National Economic Council (NEC) presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (Yoruba),Monetary policies (Central Bank of Nigeria headed by Godwin Emefiele) Delta State,why call only the President’s name?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh by thunderbabs: 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
All these aged people will jus be doing things dt will make small children to dey yab dem, ehn undecided

Later, they will say we dont have respect or our parents no teach us from home.

Imagine what dz old man is saying now? If he b ma mate ni, i for whozzzzz am hot slap sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Court Upholds Secondus' Suspension As PDP Chairman / 5000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Kwara State / South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.