Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

How We Will Stop Foreigners From Voting In 2019 Election – Immigration Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Will Stop Foreigners From Voting In 2019 Election – Immigration Boss (299 Views)

Ekweremadu Saga: Nwamini David Is 22 Years-old – Immigration Boss / Akeredolu: Foreigners From Mali Trained In Libya Behind Attack On Owo Church / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Will Stop Foreigners From Voting In 2019 Election – Immigration Boss by agwom(m): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
The Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Muhammad Babandede has said the service is working on a strategy to stop foreigners from participating in next year’s general election.

Babandede disclosed this while speaking to the press at the NIS’s end of year award night at the service headquarters in Abuja.

He assured that the service will be fully involved in the election process to ensure that no foreigner is allowed to vote.

“What I will do if I see them during election is that we will arrest them if we see them trying to participate by voting”, he said.

“This year, we have retrieved over 700 voter cards from non-Nigerians. We will be there during elections to ensure that non-Nigerians don’t participate.

“We will make sure that they don’t vote and they are not voted for. During the election, we will ensure the borders are secured so that nobody can enter the country during the days of election.

“Immigration service has changed for the better. We have built the capacity of personnel and improved on structures and contributed to Nigeria’s security and prosperity in many ways.” Babandede said.

26 personnel of the NIS were given awards during the dinner.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-we-will-stop-foreigners-from-voting-in-2019-election-immigration-boss.html
Re: How We Will Stop Foreigners From Voting In 2019 Election – Immigration Boss by Glorymax: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
Okay, continue. Nigeria, our (foreigners) country. I forgot say foreigners dey participate fully in our elections.
Re: How We Will Stop Foreigners From Voting In 2019 Election – Immigration Boss by Ballotti: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
How did you stop JUBRIL? grin

(1) (Reply)

What Tinubu Said About Ribadu’s International Award For Anti-corruption / EFCC ‘mene Mene Tekel Urphasin’ And Touch Not My Anointed’ – By Okechukwu Nwafor / Breaking: Court Sacks Donald Duke As SDP Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.