Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Am Lost In The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Lost In The World (972 Views)

The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches / The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Don’t Get Lost In “the World” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Lost In The World by seggywilly: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2007
plz my fellow naira landers,i need your advise, i am a well known person in the house of God, they call me Bishop, but here is my problem, the situation of my environment leads me into the dubious business world and now it is very hard for me to quit, what do i do, i need advise, plz
Re: I Am Lost In The World by star01(m): 8:44am On Apr 14, 2007
this is a very devastating moment for you right now, u call ur self a pastor n do engage in dubious act, oh my Goodnees , do u know the conseqence of such act?what i advise you to do, fast for seven days n seven night, pray vigourouly asking for forgiveness and am pretty sureThere's gonna be a way out, God dosent want the dead of sinner unless he/she changes, "go and sin no more", i think thats gonna help u out
Re: I Am Lost In The World by peace4ever(m): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2007
cool
To thread starter:
What did you do? Explain in full detail if you want real response.
Re: I Am Lost In The World by star01(m): 8:57am On Apr 14, 2007
peace4ever:

cool
To thread starter:
What did you do? Explain in full detail if you want real response.
DUBIOUS BUSINESS hmmmmmmmmm
Re: I Am Lost In The World by cuteass1(f): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2007
Well he actually does not owe us an account of his life . . somethings are better left unsaid wink dubious is dubious, whether an armed-robber or a drug-pusher!

@ poster

first of all, i advice you move out from your "tempting enviroment" because no matter how you repent, you might not be strong enough to hold back the next time they come knocking at your door sad
summon all the strength you got in you and leave, go find a more neutral area, where you won't get yourself tempted unnecessarily, as a child of God, you shouldn't mingle with the devil if you're not strong enough to bring them to your own side, they say if you can't beat them, you join them and the latter part of the statement is what you ended up doing cry sad

You see, repenting and going back to your old good ways, will not be an easy journey, but with determination, self-will and required efforts, nothing is impossible.
The bibkle does say that its easire for a sinner to repent, than for  a back-slider to return, but mark that it didnt say impossible

Like star01 said you have to seek God's face, now no one should tell you how to go about it, whether to fast or go live on the mountain, do it in a way your spirit feels you get most contact with God. Ask him for the strength to overcome your evil ways, the strength to call it a day with all the "dubvious ways" and most importantly the strength to say "no" to it and stand by it.n You have to ask for forgiveness and honestly repent

You'll be surprised at what the power of God can do, nobody, absolutely none, is above mistakes. No one is perfect, we work towards perfection though, and the Lord did say that a broken and repentant heart, he does not forsake.

Dear seek his face and i promise you it shall be well. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours cheesy
Re: I Am Lost In The World by chiegemba(f): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2007
@seggywilly, i do agree with cute-ass she did make some points.
God is not a Man, He is a God and he is sure to 4give when u ask 4 his 4giveness, so d ball is in your hands now.
All the best in makin your decision!
Re: I Am Lost In The World by ricadelide(m): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2007
man, u got some good advice up there.
if u really want to change and you've tried but its hard based on the environment, then, if you value your life very much, leave that place. That's the same thing Lot had to do.
then get on your knees and seek Baba's forgiveness.
furthermore, you can go seem some senior people in a good church for some good counsel. i mean people who wont try to tear you down but will help you to get back on your feet.
God help you!
Re: I Am Lost In The World by TayoD(m): 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2007
@seggywilly,

what do i do, i need advise, plz

You don't need advice.  You just need to quit what you are doing, period!!!

(1) (Reply)

Give 5 Reason That Makes U A Born Again Christian / Biblical Advice For The Youth / Davidylan: Two Of My Threads Against Islam Have Been Deleted Completely.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.