Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations (959 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Goshen360(m): 2:47am On Apr 10, 2012
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Jenwitemi(m): 6:15am On Apr 10, 2012
Well, FEAR isn't helping the bible god now, is it? As a matter of fact, it has never helped HIM. Even the Israelites did not fear him in the bible. As the bible reported, as soon as Moses leaves the Israelites temporarily, they turn their attention to other gods to worship them. The bible god must be truly underwhelming in the fear department.

So therefore, it is not in the least surprising that christians - like the ancient israelits - are exhibiting the same lack of FEAR in the way they act, especially the so-called MEN OF GOD.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by logicboy: 7:29am On Apr 10, 2012
All tyrants rule with fear and soon, when the people get fed up and yearn for freedom, they lose the fear of that tyrant. The biblical God (If he exists) is a tyrant- murdering people who dont worship him or murdering families of people when he wants to test their faith (as seen in the case of Job).

grin grin grin grin grin

The fear of God is the beginning of brainwashing into religion.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Callotti: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2012
You can never respect or love something or someone you fear.
The reason Christians will ALWAYS have a distant relationship with their God, while practicing relgion in HYPOCRISY.
What a miserable way to live and DIE!!!

Why should you fear GOD?
Especially where you cannot alter a cubic breadth of your lifespan?
You can respect him. . . . but fear is duly misplaced.

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Heathen(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2012
i still don't understand how people are expected to love a being they fear? Its like the German jews in the 1930s and 40s loving hitler!

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by jagunlabi(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2012
I totally agree with this post. You cannot LOVE what you FEAR. But most importantly, you cannot FEAR what you don't physically SEE.
Callotti: You can never respect or love something or someone you fear.
The reason Chritians will ALWAYS have a distant relationship with their God, while practicing relgion in HYPOCRISY.
What a miserable way to live and DIE!!!

Why should you fear GOD?
Especially where you cannot alter a cubic breadth of your lifespan?
You can respect him. . . . but fear is duly misplaced.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Callotti: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2012
jagunlabi: I totally agree with this post. You cannot LOVE what you FEAR. But most importantly, you cannot FEAR what you don't physically SEE.

Humans basically fear what they cannot see especially in AFRICA.
The fear of the unknown rules their lives.
End result? No progress.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by jagunlabi(m): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2012
No, they don't. They only think they do. That is "fake fear". If they truly fear the god they worship for what he will do to them if they do bad things, Nigeria should be a peaceful place to live in today, something which is not the case. Nigerians' fear of their god is complete FAKERY. HIPOCRISY.
Callotti:

Humans basically fear what they cannot see especially in AFRICA.
The fear of the unknown rules their lives.
End result? No progress.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Callotti: 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2012
jagunlabi: No, they don't. They only think they do. That is "fake fear". If they truly fear the god they worship for what he will do to them if they do bad things, Nigeria should be a peaceful place to live in today, something which is not the case. Nigerians' fear of their god is complete FAKERY. HIPOCRISY.

Funny enough the same people never fear the same God when it is time to do evil deeds or think evil thoughts.
Yes, I agree.
All based on hypocrisy.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
Callotti:

Funny enough the same people never fear the same God when it is time to do evil deeds or think evil thoughts.
Yes, I agree.
All based on hypocrisy.

The only time they fear god is when you tell them their god doesn't exist, then they get on their moral high horse and fake piety. What did you call them again? Hypocrites

The only reason they believe in god is because they really think they can live forever in nevernever land.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by buzugee(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
Heathen: i still don't understand how people are expected to love a being they fear? Its like the German jews in the 1930s and 40s loving hitler!
YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS ? YOUR DEFINITION OF THE WORD LOVE IS EUROPEANISED. LOVING GOD IS NOT A SENTIMENTAL OR EMOTIONAL VENTURE. LORD SAYS, THIS IS HOW YOU SHOW YOUR LOVE TO ME JOHN 14 VS 15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. this is how you show love. by keeping his commandments. not by showing your feelings as you do when you say you love a woman.
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by buzugee(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
goshen360: Source
Bruh Goshen, this is why the fear has been truncated ECCLESIASTES 8 VS 11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. as a result of the lord being NUMBERS 14 VS 18 The LORD is long-suffering
Re: The Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church And Nations by Jenwitemi(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
Nobody loves your poor god, then. Booohooo!! I feel for the lonely and unloved bugger. The poor sod. Perhaps if he'd killed less of his people in the old days and took good care of them. Perhaps...
buzugee: YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS ? YOUR DEFINITION OF THE WORD LOVE IS EUROPEANISED. LOVING GOD IS NOT A SENTIMENTAL OR EMOTIONAL VENTURE. LORD SAYS, THIS IS HOW YOU SHOW YOUR LOVE TO ME JOHN 14 VS 15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. this is how you show love. by keeping his commandments. not by showing your feelings as you do when you say you love a woman.

(1) (Reply)

The Idol Doll: Gods and Dolls / How To Build An Intimate Relationship With God: Drawing Close To God Requires Us / In Honour Of Christians That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.