Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Youtube "Take A Break" Feature To Stop Over-watching Videos - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Youtube "Take A Break" Feature To Stop Over-watching Videos (294 Views)

Whatsapp Activates New Feature To Allow Users Trade Cryptocurrency (new) / Social Media Giant Instagram Announces 'take-a-break' Feature For Teens / Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youtube "Take A Break" Feature To Stop Over-watching Videos by Trecksite(m): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
YouTube ‘Take A Break’ Feature To Stop Over-Watching Videos

YouTube can be very Addictive even more than any Social networking website.
You open the app mayb to check a football highlight or recap of just five minutes, you will see other interesting videos to watch and you discover you have watched for 2 hours  without a break.

The problem is that you don’t know you have been watching that long. If there is someone to remind you that, you will likely stop watching and save your time and data.

So, Google introduced a feature into YouTube app, which is called “Take A Break Reminder”, as a part of its Digital wellbeing initiative to help you restrict yourself from spending more time on your Phone and Internet.

Open PlayStore and Update the YouTube App first. As it is recently added feature, you need updated version. 

Now open YouTube app and tap on your Profile picture on Top-right corner.

Now tap on Settings and then tap on General. This will take you to General settings. 

Now the first option here will be Remind me to Take a Break. The default value under this will be Never. Tap on this option and choose specific time period you want reminder for. As I said earlier, you can choose from 15 Mins to a maximum of 180 Mins. 

https://www.operandlogs.com.ng/2018/12/youtube-take-break-feature-to-stop-over.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Berlinlasers Green Cross Laser Alignment Within 5mw To 100mw / Spacex Launches First U.S. National Security Space Mission / I Need Someone To Explain This For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.