Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,700 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust (253 Views)

Popular Nigerian Prophet Doles Out $30,000,scholarships To Orphans In Namibia / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Doles Out $30,000,scholarships To Orphans In Namibia / Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by farem: 10:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
RCCG gives 70,000 scholarships
By Abdullateef Aliyu,

No fewer than 70,000 scholarships have been provided to students across the country by His Love Foundation, the global charity arm of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) worldwide, it has been revealed.

The 70,000 scholarships were parts of the 30,626 projects implemented nationwide from March 2018 to date which have benefitted 11.2m Nigerians.

This is part of the ‘Christian Social Responsibility (CSR) activities of the RCCG to impact on people in 197 countries where the church has footprint.

Special Assistant to the General Overseer on CSR, Pastor Idowu Iluyomade who spoke at the unveiling of the foundation established said it has six areas to include education, social enterprise and rehabilitation were designed to develop the capacity of youths.

He gave instance of a young Nigerian who was picked up from under the bridge in Lagos, rehabilitated and he is now an Engineering Graduate.

Iluyomade disclosed that the foundation believes in youth development which explains why many skills acquisition programmes have been established by the church to teach the youths how to fish rather than giving them fish.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/rccg-gives-70000-scholarships.html
Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
they won't see this one oh

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by Julivas(m): 10:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by Makito015(m): 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2018
they won't see this one oh

Don't mind foolish people

1 Like

Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by wolesmile(m): 1:09am On Dec 09, 2018
Daddy Freeze's attack is beginning to have effect. Tithe payer's money in action!!!
Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 09, 2018
While I believe in charity I don't believe in its broadcast for any reason.
1. the bible doesn't command us to make our charity public.
2. it is illogical given the emotion anything money and free provokes in people.

I know Winners too is doing great like RCCG and some other churches but I wouldn't want to talk about it openly like this news article. Orphaned and widowers know how to locate these opportunities without all these noise and I see no reason for all these.
Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 09, 2018
wolesmile:
Daddy Freeze's attack is beginning to have effect. Tithe payer's money in action!!!
That's wrong of you. These churches have been doing huge charity works for ages. in fact if you read the story of redeem (RCCG) you will discover they have been doing charity before Adeboye became GO. Stop encouraging riff raffs online.
Re: RCCG Gives 70,000 Scholarships - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 09, 2018
But what is Christian Social Responsibility?
Corporate Social Responsibility ( CSR ) I know is for profit making organizations.
I quess it is a form of love towards nonbelievers.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Why It Is Impossible For God To Lie Or Fail? It Is Because..... / Keep Fighting The Good Fight Of Faith. / Christians Rejoice As Iraq Makes Christmas Day An Official Nationwide Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.