Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,010 members, 7,953,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala (1829 Views)

Aliyu Madaki - Inconclusive Elections: Buhari’s Integrity Should Be Questioned / Nigerian Woman Attacks Buhari's Integrity (Video) / Buhari’s Integrity Is A Fraud - Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 5:20am On Dec 09, 2018
One thing is for sure: Muhammadu Buhari would like to be the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He has tried three times and has failed every time. Finally realizing it is a lost cause, he said he would not try again.

Since his one credential is that he is a man of integrity who, as president, is expected to wrestle corruption down to the ground, Buhari decided to burnish his anti-corruption image by revealing that he obtained his 27.5 million naira APC nomination form with a bank loan. However, what this declaration did was to tell Nigerians that Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption crusader. His Mr. Clean posture is nothing but a public relations gimmick.[b]

[b]Question marks

In fairness, some of us have known this all along. Under Buhari’s watch as Petroleum Minister in the late 1970s, $2.8 billion (worth billions of naira today) was missing from the NNPC account. The matter was subject to Senate investigation under the chairmanship of Olusola Saraki in 1983. But before the report could be dealt with, Buhari conveniently overthrew the Shagari government in a military coup d’état.

Vera Ifudu, an NTA newscaster, revealed that Saraki told her in an interview that the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank in London. For this disclosure, Vera was summarily sacked by the NTA. However, she appealed against her dismissal in court and won. She even received a handsome financial compensation for wrongful dismissal from the NTA.

nstead of clearing his name as a man of integrity, Buhari refused to appear before the Oputa Panel set up to look into the matter (among under things) by the Obasanjo administration.

Buhari claims to be an anti-corruption crusader, nevertheless, he agreed to serve under Sani Abacha, one of the most corrupt Heads-of-State ever in the history of Nigeria. While there has been no proven allegation that Buhari corruptly enriched himself as Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund under Abacha, it is abundantly clear that this fabled anti-corruption crusader failed to curb the rampant corruption that prevailed in the organization. Group Captain Usman Jibrin, a board member of PTF, resigned from the organization in protest over Buhari’s irregular appointments of consultants.

In 2000, the Obasanjo administration set up an Interim Management Committee to look into the affairs of the PTF, under the chairmanship of Haroun Adamu. The Committee discovered that billions of naira was stolen under Buhari’s chairmanship.

Political platform

Now the same Buhari who would not or could not curb corruption in the PTF wants us to believe he will fight corruption as president of Nigeria. However, he has chosen the APC as the political platform on which to undertake this. But the APC is an unscrupulous political party that is choc-full of corrupt politicians. It is the party of Murtala Nyako who was impeached as governor of Adamawa State for converting state money to personal use. It is the party where Buhari himself and others went cap-in-hand to Otta to beg Obasanjo to be their “navigator.”

Surely Buhari knows that he cannot fight corruption by being the presidential candidate of the APC. Whatever anti-corruption crusading Buhari had in him in the past must have ended when he decided to join the APC. Should he become president, does he intend to probe his corrupt party-members?

Cleaning up APC

[b]It is not surprising, therefore, that despite all the noise about anti-corruption coming from Buhari and his cohorts; he has failed to fight against corruption in the APC. We did not hear him raise a voice against the incongruity of a so-called progressive party demanding a cynical nomination fee of 27.5 million naira for its presidential primaries. One would have expected a truly anti-corruption crusader to make the point that the nomination fee is unacceptable. Instead, Buhari readily acquiesced to the requirement in order to safeguard his all-important presidential ambitions.

Since Buhari cannot, or does not, fight against this corrupting nomination fee in the APC, and insist on its reduction to something far more reasonable, how can he expect us to believe that as president in a political system with the separation of powers; against a legislature likely to be controlled by the PDP; he would be able to fight corruption? Somebody is fooling somebody here. Or else, somebody is living in a cloud cuckoo land.[/b]

Charity, they say, begins at home. If Buhari is truly anti-corruption, he should begin his crusade in the APC. Is it progressive for a political party in Nigeria to ask its candidates to come up with 27.5 million just for the nomination papers for an election where only one person will emerge as the winner? Is it not corrupt politicians that are likely to have this type of easy-come easy-go money? Is this not an open invitation for the winner, if he actually manages to secure election to the presidency, to recoup this extortionate fee from public funds?

Anti-corruption bank loan

What did anti-corruption Buhari do about this outrageous APC requirement? This is where the whole matter becomes ridiculously implausible. According to Buhari, rather than fight against the measure, he took out a ban loan to pay for it.

Buhari told us about his “loan” out of embarrassment; in a pathetic bid to validate his anti-corruption credentials. But this so-called loan indicates that Buhari does not understand what it means to be anti-corruption. For Buhari, anti-corruption is a posture; it is a swagger; it is a badge; but it has no bite and, in the usual Nigerian fashion, it will be prosecuted with hypocrisy.

Buhari wants us to believe that he cannot afford 27.5 million naira. Nevertheless, he rides around in a bullet-proof Jeep and maintains a convoy of Land Cruisers. He cannot afford 27.5 million naira. Nevertheless, he declared his candidacy lavishly in Eagle Square, Abuja. Did he also take out a bank loan for that? Four months to a make-or-break election, Buhari would have us believe he has no money. How does he propose to finance his presidential campaign? Is he going to take 1 billion naira loan from the World Bank for this?

Dubious loan

Why would a bank lend Buhari that amount for a presidential pie-in-the-sky that failed to materialize three times in the past? Is that not likely to be a bad loan? How long did it take for the loan to be processed? What did he put down as anti-corruption collateral? How does he propose to pay the money back? Mr. Integrity needs to spell all this out for the sake of his fast-disintegrating anti-corruption credentials.

I did not know loans are so easy to secure in Nigerian banks today. Perhaps Buhari could introduce me to his bank manager. I would also not mind taking this kind of soft loan. I am sure I can always come up with some unproductive excuse or the other for it. Is such a loan even legal today under Nigeria’s stricter banking laws?

How many honest Nigerians can afford to give a non-refundable 27.5 million naira to a political party, on the off-chance that they will be able to secure the party’s presidential ticket? If they win the nomination and even get elected president, how would they pay back the money?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/muhammadu-buhari-running-president-anti-corruption-bank-loan/

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Fazemood(m): 5:41am On Dec 09, 2018
I wasn't here in the 1970s but I read history and asked questions and my conclusion was 'this man is a green snake.' I did what I could to ensure he didn't get the presidential mantle, but my fellow Nigerian youth did the opposite and he is in power.

I hope we the youths don't repeat thesame mistake over again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by ipobarethieves: 5:49am On Dec 09, 2018
sad
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Anduku: 5:56am On Dec 09, 2018
Buhari is a clueless, corrupt and lifeless clown

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 5:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Fazemood:
I wasn't here in the 1970s but I read history and asked questions and my conclusion was 'this man is a green snake.' I did what I could to ensure he didn't get the presidential mantle, but my fellow Nigerian youth did the opposite and he is in power.

Unfortunately, a repeat is imminent. Hunger has imprisoned the electorates mentally. One even told me she would give her vote to the highest bidder since the money they get during the campaign is their only hope for the next four years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by DWJOBScom(m): 6:06am On Dec 09, 2018
We can’t afford to keep him there again!
He has to go

I need to see the dirts from this administration and sure it will shock everyone

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by PointZerom: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2018
In fairness, some of us have known this all along. Under Buhari’s watch as Petroleum Minister in the late 1970s, $2.8 billion (worth billions of naira today) was missing from the NNPC account. The matter was subject to Senate investigation under the chairmanship of Olusola Saraki in 1983. But before the report could be dealt with, Buhari conveniently overthrew the Shagari government in a military coup d’état.
Vera Ifudu, an NTA newscaster, revealed that Saraki told her in an interview that the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank in London. For this disclosure, Vera was summarily sacked by the NTA. However, she appealed against her dismissal in court and won. She even received a handsome financial compensation for wrongful dismissal from the NTA.
nstead of clearing his name as a man of integrity, Buhari refused to appear before the Oputa Panel set up to look into the matter (among under things) by the Obasanjo administration.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Pekele007: 6:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Buhari is a criminal, a common criminal at that.

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Inspectorsuga22(m): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2018
Buhari is a dangerous man, someone dat should av resigned long ago after trying so hard to destroy to this country is still bold enough to tells us he wants to move things to d next level...if this man wins again, we are finished in this country ....
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Peacemaker5128: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2018
Can't Ibo face their leflendum struggle and leave zoo alone?
If good thing happen it is Jubril and if bad thing happen it is Buhari
Do you get sense at all?
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by magoo10(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2018
Buhari is a hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by nnachukz(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2018
Only Zombies think otherwise. I read about him and knew he was not an honest man. I told my younger brother that this man will be the worst president but he refused to listen, today he is cursing everything that has the name Buhari attached to it.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
Do you get sense at all?

At least, you can't deny it anymore that Buhari is not a man of integrity. You can't deny it anymore that Buhari is as dirty as any other stinking politician on the street.

And don't you think it's stupid and dumb to think only igbos disagree with Buhari? Is Aisha Yesufu an igbo? Snap out of that rubbish mindset; it makes you sound idiotic

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by oyoirabor: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
Do you get sense at all?

Get off your stupidity... And consider getting a better education.

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by allthingsgood: 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Fazemood:

The greater mistake would be supporting a known thief and money launderer who is a fugitive from US!

Meanwhile, Sai baba 2023! grin
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by MalcoImX: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2018
No one expects anything good from a GEJ apologist, especially when free money is no longer within reach.

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:01am On Dec 09, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Vera Ifudu, an NTA newscaster, revealed that Saraki told her in an interview that the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank in London.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/muhammadu-buhari-running-president-anti-corruption-bank-loan/
The hypocrisy in the man called the presidency is legendary!

For him to even agree to work under Abacha who is extremely corrupt speaks volumes!

Talking about all these is not the solution preventing him from rigging just as he did in 2015 should be the main agenda!

I don't think we need a prophet tell us that the impostor dkes not mean well for Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by ODUBEZE: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:
No one expects anything good from a GEJ apologist, especially when free money is no longer within reach.
So anyone that criticises the presidency now have one problem or the order

Femi is not poor! He is mainly speaking for every lovers of true!

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by MalcoImX: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2018
ODUBEZE:
So anyone that criticises the presidency now have one problem or the order
Femi is not poor! He is mainly speaking for every lovers of true!
My conclusions were obvious:
1. Femi is a GEJ apologist.
2. Quoting Aribisala is akin to implicating yourself.
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by kutchs: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:
Yes he's a GEJ apologist, but can you counter the things he said about buhari?
Is it not true that the said $2.8b was traced to his Midland Bank account?
Is it not true that he's refuses to fight corruption on his APC?

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by MalcoImX: 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
kutchs:

Yes he's a GEJ apologist, but can you counter the things he said about buhari?
Is it not true that the said $2.8b was traced to his Midland Bank account?
Is it not true that he's refuses to fight corruption on his APC?
Maybe it's the $2.8 billion he used to buy 150 cows.
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
allthingsgood:

The greater mistake would be supporting a known thief and money launderer who is a fugitive from US!

Meanwhile, Sai baba 2023! grin

Buhari is also a known thief. So, you will be making a grave mistake by supporting Buhari.
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:

My conclusions were obvious:

1. Femi is a GEJ apologist.

2. Quoting Aribisala is akin to implicating yourself.

Kindly point out facts that oppose what femi aribisala said. If not, kindly shut up
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:

Maybe it's the $2.8 billion he used to buy 150 cows.

Provide evidence and stop fooling yourself
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by Omeokachie: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
These are the people still with Buhari.

1. The "baba so wipe crew"

These are both youths and family men who cannot decide their political future, but have outsourced their ability to think to another whom they call "leader". Anything the "leader" says, they do with no questions asked.

2. Ethnic bigots.
These ones will kill for you at the drop of a hat. All you need do is tell them that they are doing it for the progress of their ethnic group. Fashola has tried using that line recently telling them they should vote Buhari so that SW can benefit in 2023.

3. Extremely poor and hopeless Nigerians.

These ones are now being targeted with trader moni. They are so poor they will wilfully sell their votes and voters card for far less. The almajiri schools have been abandoned as it is best not to educate the people.

4. BMC
These ones are educated (some barely). Economic conditions of the country has made them come on social media to beg for favours until they saw a lifeline in laundering the image of politician (they clearly do not like) in exchange for some pocket moni. They are vicious and will do anything to defend that pay because they are paid based on number of posts they make.

5. Buharideens
These ones are similar to the baba so wipe crew. The only difference is that they have been told by the adults they grew up with to follow Buhari irrespective of what the true life realities are. Just like religion, their minds have been closed to reason outside their indoctrinated point of view. These ones wrecked havoc on NYSC members in Bauchi in 2011.

6. APC government appointees.
These ones are working for their pay. They know that they would cease to have access to the cookie jar should the APC lose election, hence they will convince and confuse the people to continue with the failed government because it is their only means for sustained livelihood.
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by MalcoImX: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Kindly point out facts that oppose what femi aribisala said. If not, kindly shut up

I have nothing to point out to you since your 'Facts' are from Femi Aribisala. What have I got to prove to you or anyone when it comes to a man whose arguments are not any different from the FFKs, the Omokris or Kanus.
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:

I have nothing to point out to you since your 'Facts' are from Femi Aribisala. What have I got to prove to you or anyone when it comes to a man whose arguments are not any different from the FFKs, the Omokris or Kanus.
Your comment sounds like that of a proven failure. This is the usual response from brainless BMC members when they have no lie to defend obvious truth
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by MalcoImX: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Your comment sounds like that of a proven failure. This is the usual response from brainless BMC members when they have no lie to defend obvious truth
You've believed Aribisala just as you've believed FFK when he said Buhari is being sponsored by Al-Qaeda, Omokri for saying Emir Sanusi is the sponsor of Boko Haram and sister Nneka Calistus Kanu for saying Buhari is one Jubrin from Sudan.

There's nothing to argue for with such except to show you they are fools.
Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:

You've believed Aribisala just as you've believed FFK when he said Buhari is being sponsored by Al-Qaeda, Omokri for saying Emir Sanusi is the sponsor of Boko Haram and sister Nneka Calistus Kanu for saying Buhari is one Jubrin from Sudan.

There's nothing to argue for with such except to show you they are fools.

Newswatch Magazine confirmed what Aribisala said, and it is common knowledge that Newswatch do not report without evidence.

And what is more Newswatch reported this several years before Aribisala mentioned it.

Buhari is a thief. He was indicted by Senate committee headed by Olushola Saraki. It is a common knowledge. Only an intentionally blind idiot will claim not to know

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by MalcoImX: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Newswatch Magazine confirmed what Aribisala said, and it is common knowledge that Newswatch do not report without evidence.

And what is more Newswatch reported this several years before Aribisala mentioned it.

Buhari is a thief. He was indicted by Senate committee headed by Olushola Saraki. It is a common knowledge. Only an intentionally blind idiot will claim not to know
I Found Nothing After Probing Buhari’s PTF – Obasanjo

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/i-found-nothing-after-probing-buharis-ptf-obasanjo/

Re: Throw Back: "Buhari's Integrity Is Fake"- Femi Aribisala by toplinetrtrend: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:

I Found Nothing After Probing Buhari’s PTF – Obasanjo

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/i-found-nothing-after-probing-buharis-ptf-obasanjo/

What of his NNPC corrupt activities? Did you probe that too?

Buhari is a thief like any other dirty politician out there. No difference at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Public School By Pmb In Borno (pics) / Mbaka Finally Hits Buhari With Bitter Truth, Ask Him Not Seek Re-election / Elections: PDP Leads In Gwarimpa, Nyanya, Jikwoyi, Other FCT Towns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.