Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

"Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. (1722 Views)

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 09, 2018
This is one way to distinguish the difference between the kind of leadership there was of the church when it first began, and that which we now have today.

For then the leaders of the church didn't use material wealth or earthly riches as a yardstick to measure themselves, as they had been taught by Jesus the founder of the church, that "a man's life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses"(Lk 12:14).

Therefore as Jesus also said, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"(Mt 12:34)their speeches as in this instance of Apostle Peter, the first leader of the church, reflected such an orientation which they had.

However it's more or less the opposite with the leadership of today's church, who are more or less of the mindset that a man's life consists in the abundance of things he possesses, and hence such sayings as this of Bishop David Oyedepo, a leader of today's church, as this was not by accident but a product of the abundance of their hearts.

And this saying of course is also a reflection of the general orientation of those of today's church, who think the same of themselves and their leaders, for I had this good friend of mine who was so in love with David Oyedepo, and just about the major reason he loved him was because "he was the richest church leader in the world".

And so it's one way to illustrate what the church has now become from what it used to be when Jesus first founded it, in terms of the leadership and by extension the followership which is a function of the kind of leadership.

Therefore the difference can be measured in the orientation.

Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by MrSix: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2018
Those who stand for their pastors more than Jesus would come to bash you. They can kill for their slave masters and oppressors yet they blaspheme Jesus joyously.

Grade1 USA used Laptops
Nation wide delivery available
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery
Details in my signature

4 Likes

Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Idyllic: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2018
@Jesusjnr. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 The 5 vs 21. I was in Shiloh that day and bishop Oyedepo was responding to the allegation that he collects bribe from politicians. So he said God has blessed him so much and make him dangerously rich, and that he has never collected bribe from anyone. So it is good to find out the context of stuffs before forming conclusions.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by uboma(m): 8:19am On Dec 09, 2018
Idyllic:
@Jesusjnr. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 The 5 vs 21. I was in Shiloh that day and bishop Oyedepo was responding to the allegation that he collects bribe from politicians. So he said God has blessed him so much and make him dangerously rich, and that he has never collected bribe from anyone. So it is good to find out the context of stuffs before forming conclusions.

So according to you, God made him to be dangerously rich in a material sense....

What a "supposedly" man of God!
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by uboma(m): 8:20am On Dec 09, 2018
@ jesusjnr,

You are on point!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by luvmijeje(f): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2018
If he's dangerously rich and he publicly made a statement to that fact...... Is that not saying the truth?

Honestly, we are living in an hypocritical society. So if someone is poor and publicly claim he's poor you we all be okay with it?

Point of correction, there was no church during the era of Christ. There was no tithing and there was no different kind offerings. When Christ wants to give to the poor, all he needs to do, was to do miracle.

One wonder how come nobody has turn 5 fishes and 2 loaves of bread to feed thousands since the day of Christ? So what's the basis of comparison?

1 Like

Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by uboma(m): 8:38am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:
If he's dangerously rich and he publicly made a statement to that fact...... Is that not saying the truth?

Honestly, we are loving in an hypocritical society. So if someone is poor and publicly claim he's poor you we all be okay with it?

Point of correction, there was no church during the era of Christ. There was no tithing and there was no different kind offerings. When Christ wants to give to the poor, all he needs to do, is to do miracle.

One wonder how come nobody has turn 5 fishes and 2 loaves of bread to feed thousands since the day of Christ? So what's the basis of comparison?
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 09, 2018
MrSix:
Those who stand for their pastors more than Jesus would come to bash you. They can kill for their slave masters and oppressors yet they blaspheme Jesus joyously.

Grade1 USA used Laptops
Nation wide delivery available
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery
Details in my signature
Even Jesus was dangerously rich and needed a treasurer to carry his money. When they were about to feed the multitude the question then was about where to get bread to buy and not the money to buy with. Now if Jesus didn't take a special lunch offering from His followers it means he had enough of it.

Oyedepo explained his dangerously rich statement properly that even a primary 1 pupil can fully understand it was talking about divine wealth and its availability according to genuine needs.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2018
uboma:

So according to you, God made him to be dangerously rich in a material sense....

If I remember well he also said something about wealth being that which is available according to needs. That alone should hint you Oyedepo was talking about divine wealth being available to meet all the needs of his God given mandates. Stop the misinformation.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by MrSix: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2018
CodeSapien:
Even Jesus was dangerously rich and needed a treasurer to carry his money. When they were about to feed the multitude the question then was about where to get bread to buy and not the money to buy with. Now if Jesus didn't take a special lunch offering from His followers it means he had enough of it.

Oyedepo explained his dangerously rich statement properly that even a primary 1 pupil can fully understand it was talking about divine wealth and its availability according to genuine needs.
You'd have to tell me how Oyedopo is Christ like. Not all who mention the name Jesus is of him. And show me where Jesus talked about being dangerously rich?

Happy Sunday
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by orisa37: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2018
The two are different. Peter was working. Oyedepo is praying.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 09, 2018
CodeSapien:

Yeah Jesus was so dangerously rich that He was born in a manger.

-that there was not enough wine in the wedding of a supposed relative of His.

-that He had to ask Peter to go and catch a fish for Him to be able to pay His tax and that of Peter.

-that He had to borrow a donkey to go to Jerusalem.

-that a rich man He told to abandon his riches and follow Him instead of doing that was very sad and refused to do so because of his own riches, hence this saying of Jesus:

"Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again i say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

If people of today church want to use the instance of Jesus to justify them enriching themselves, at least they must not have to lie against Jesus to have to do that.

3 Likes

Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by mikeweezy(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2018
God bless my hustle and make me dangerously Rich like Bishop
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by uboma(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2018
CodeSapien:
If I remember well he also said something about wealth being that which is available according to needs. That alone should hint you Oyedepo was talking about divine wealth being available to meet all the needs of his God given mandates. Stop the misinformation.

Stop assuming what is not.

You and your cohorts have twisted the Bible to suit your mundane desires.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2018
Idyllic:
For me it is already proven beyond the shadow of any doubt, for this is just another clear confirmation of that which has been proven before now.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2018
jesusjnr:

-that He had to ask Peter to go and catch a fish for Him to be able to pay His tax and that of Peter.

-that a rich man He told to abandon his riches and follow Him instead of doing that was very sad and refused to do so because of his own riches, hence this saying of Jesus:

"Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again i say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

If people of today church want to use the instance of Jesus to justify them enriching themselves, at least they must not have to lie against Jesus to have to do that.

Does that bold part alone make sense to you? Was Jesus suppose to be rich materially from womb? zero logic all over your post.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2018
MrSix:

You'd have to tell me how Oyedopo is Christ like. Not all who mention the name Jesus is of him. And show me where Jesus talked about being dangerously rich?

Happy Sunday
Dangerously blessed. pok.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2018
CodeSapien:

Does that bold part alone make sense to you? Was Jesus suppose to be rich materially from womb? zero logic all over your post.
Yeah a manger has now become a womb to you because you so desperately by all means want to use Jesus to justify your covetous and materialistic tendencies.

Wow and you even went ahead to use that same erroneous and unfounded basis to give a verdict about my post. Zero logic indeed!
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
uboma:
@ jesusjnr,

You are on point!
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2018
The difference is clear!
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 11, 2018
We live in dangerous times for church leaders.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2018
The difference between those that were planted by Jesus in His church and those who weren't.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 03, 2019
jesusjnr:

Was part of Jesus' ministry to buy wine for his siblings wedding?
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by CodeTemplar: 3:42am On Apr 03, 2019
Idyllic:
God bless you.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by CodeTemplar: 3:45am On Apr 03, 2019
uboma:

Like Abraham.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
God bless you.
This not a surprise since the pharisees in the house of God 1 who Jesus called blind guides, hypocrites, liars, lovers of mammon etc., also enjoyed strong following.

But Jesus said that "any plant that His Father has not planted shall be uprooted!"
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 03, 2019
CodeSapien:

Was part of Jesus' ministry to buy wine for his siblings wedding?
Is it part of the mammonic Prophet Oyedepo's ministry to buy wine for his siblings wedding?

But if Jesus was rich as Oyedepo, such wedding of that He was in attendance would not have lacked common wine for the guests to drink.

And if Jesus worshipped mammon and was so obsessed to enrich and accumulate wealth to Himself as Oyedepo is, while He was here on earth, He would have become the richest man of all time, because of the extent of the Spirit of God that was upon Him, which gave Him the ability to do such unprecedented mighty works.

But He wasn't a lover and worshipper of mammon as Oyedepo is, a lover and worshipper of God.

And Jesus wasn't an obsessive accumulator of wealth as Oyedepo is, but a obsessive distributor of wealth.

Hence it's not surprising that while Peter took after Jesus his Master and Menthor, Oyedepo has taken after his masters and menthors the Pharisees, for out of the abundance of a man's heart, the mouth speaks.

For if you go and see the extent of donations that took place when Peter led the church, you would see that Peter also had an opportunity to accumulate wealth as Oyedepo does, but yet "silver and gold he had none", while Oyedepo is "dangerously rich", and that explains in a sense the difference in that church and today's church, with respect to the orientation of her leaders, and hence the outcome of the church they lead.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Like Abraham.
Like the Pharisees all the rich that are not rich towards God, because no man that is rich towards God would make such a comment.

Go and study, for those who are rich towards God do not glorify or worship the riches, but the God that gave them the riches.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by CodeTemplar: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2019
jesusjnr2:
Like the Pharisees all the rich that are not rich towards God, because no man that is rich towards God would make such a comment.

Go and study, for those who are rich towards God do not glorify or worship the riches, but the God that gave them the riches.
Stop talking kola nut proverbs and tell the whole world who glorified his/her riches. So if a man is rich, he can't be rich towards God.
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by CodeTemplar: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2019
jesusjnr2:
This not a surprise since the pharisees in the house of God 1 who Jesus called blind guides, hypocrites, liars, lovers of mammon etc., also enjoyed strong following.

But Jesus said that "any plant that His Father has not planted shall be uprooted!"
mental.
be spotting God's planted there.
Dangerously rich is just a status confirmation and nothing you make out of it because of personal hatred for Oyedepo will stick. The man even explained himself and you are familiar with the context of that statement, so feel free to keep hating Oyedepo. It changes nothing and your actions or existence is inconsequential to his ministry.

1 Like

Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
mental.
be spotting God's planted there.
Dangerously rich is just a status confirmation and nothing you make out of it because of personal hatred for Oyedepo will stick. The man even explained himself and you are familiar with the context of that statement, so feel free to keep hating Oyedepo. It changes nothing and your actions or existence is inconsequential to his ministry.
See wahala oh!

You the aggressor is now crying wolf.

"If the blind lead the blind, both of them shall fall into the ditch".

So keep obsessively and blindly following the blind leader. grin
Re: "Silver And Gold Have I None" - Peter. "I Am Dangerously Wealthy" - Oyedepo. by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Stop talking kola nut proverbs and tell the whole world who glorified his/her riches. So if a man is rich, he can't be rich towards God.
By their dangerous mammonic fruits, you shall know them! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crisis In Christ Embassy Deepens As Oyakhirome Moves Against Sinach / You Need To Answer This Fig Question / Meet The Greatest Evangelist Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.