Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,305 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

If Your Pastor Is A Thief, Run!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Pastor Is A Thief, Run!!! (267 Views)

The Ordination Of Remi Tinubu As Pastor - Is RCCG Compromised? / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / "Pastor Is My Baby Daddy" - Mentally Deranged Woman Provides Photos As Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Your Pastor Is A Thief, Run!!! by realKingkelvin: 7:40am On Dec 09, 2018
I do not have problem with those claiming tithe should not be paid in church because it is not my money, it is theirs, they choose to use it anyhow they like. But one thing I have noticed is that they keep shooting themselves in the leg; one day, they would come out and say, “It is not reasonable to pay tithe” another time, they would say, “churches are not performing social services to the community”. Wait, with what money do you expect the church to perform these services? The money you did not pay? Or angels will drop it from heaven! Let us not fool ourselves.
I personally do not pay tithe because I am in expectant of God’s blessing (blessing is automatic for me), I pay tithe because my church put it to good use. My church, EMMANUEL BAPTIST CHURCH, ILORIN, has several projects presently been run by the church; (1) NGO (Hands and Knee), this is an NGO that provide support for the venerable (widows, orphans and the poor). (2) Youth Empowerment Centre, established mainly for the empowerment of youths in the church. (3) Social Entrepreneurial functioning clinic for the community. The clinic is totally free for aged people, children and pregnant women, while those in the economic window pay 75% of drug charges only (For clarity, I am presently writing an academic paper on this with both primary and secondary data as a proof). (4) Free wifi services (does not function during church service, every other hour aside from that “issa go”). (5) The church owns several schools; some of them are totally free while two out of all the schools are at very affordable tuition charges. As at 2016 review of educational editorial board, it was revealed that they were one of the cheapest standard private schools in Kwara State. (6) Free IT service by the church IT unit (they repair phones and laptops for free, except hardware is needed). (7) Church welfare unit make available food stuffs for student and corp members every month. (cool Community support projects such as building bridge for one of the Kwara communities and several others that I can list if needed. These are just few amongst several other services discharged by the church for free and almost free.
I was opportune to go through the church budget and disbursement for the clinic alone, it was running to millions, you know how expensive health is. Not to talk of other projects ventured into by the church. If you feel your pastor is the one consuming your tithe, leave the church, there are better churches that can put your money to good use, if indeed you have a giving spirit. Serving God is not by force, it is a choice.

1 Like

Re: If Your Pastor Is A Thief, Run!!! by psychalade: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

The Life Of A Christian / Open Heaven 19 December 2018 Prayer Points On Today – Friends Of The King Read / Six Seater Dining Table For Sale Hull UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.