Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

#JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform (19445 Views)

Davido To Naira Marley: "Una Dey Do Jazz, All Una Music Dey Sweet" / RMD & Don Jazzy Land In Scotland In Search Of The Perfect Johnnie Walker Blend / Genevieve Nnaji At The Johnnie, Jazz & Whisky Event In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2018
mogbojaiye:

There are so many talented individual d country has lost, ,,,i can't even keep count of them
In music, medical,sport and geologist, ,,,watch national discovery on dstv and see nigerias been interview on weather issues and aerospace, ,,,,u will b like wow, ,,its really a shithoe

Honestly bro, it's a waste to have talent in this country. Nigeria only has a fertile soil for wacks to grow.

2 Likes

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Just2endowed2(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2018
lalasticlala:
The Johnnie Jazz and Whisky event held last night in Lagos and many Nigerians have been talking about it on Twitter. It's been trending on Twitter.

Star singers, Asa and Femi Kuti rendered special performances.

Fans have been talking about Asa's performance at the Johnnie Jazz and Whisky.

The Johnnie Jazz and Whisky, a blend of music and flavours held in Lagos on the 8th of December 2018.

See photos from the event and see how fans are going gaga.

Photo Credit: Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/JJWLagos?src=hashtag_click

Lala reporting?
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by robertogun(m): 10:30am On Dec 09, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

You're right bro. All these froggies are wack but if one say that, all the majority of nigerians wey no sabi quality thing will say one is hating. There is different between saying the fact and hating on something good.
One thing i've noticed about Nigeria is that, nigerians lick assess of wacks more than talented people. It's rare for someone talented to blow in Naija.
If you really have the talent, try and travel out and make it there, when nigeria see you make it outside, that's when they try associating with you. Or if you're talented and want to make it in Naija, try and reduce your talent to wack, nigeria will buy it that way. It's sounds funny but that's the truth. Nigerians prefer to lick asses of wacks.
Guys, music is very relative. Inasmuch as I prefer Asa over Whizkid and Davido, u still cant discount the their talent. Davido and whizkid re also recognized internationally. I'm in a remote place with 50.6745° N, 120.3273° W and u wont believe that they play whizkid on the provincial radio cfjc FM. Sometimes I ll be in asa mood , sometimes davido and sometimes whizkid. They re talented in their own unique ways

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by dont8(m): 10:31am On Dec 09, 2018
mogbojaiye:

She is ever ready
D problem is are Nigerians ready to listen to her type of music?
Yes, they are. she's bidding her time I guess.

We still have some sensible Nigerian singers on the radar, the likes of Adekunle Gold and Johnny Drill are doing fantastically well.

If she eventually blesses us with a song, it would be accepted with love and eagerness, just as I am currently.

1 Like

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Honestly bro, it's a waste to have talent in this country. Nigeria only has a fertile soil for wacks to grow.

I keep telling people if u get who wan assite u travel out beg am make e help u

Nigeria is not met for d youth only at old age just come back and enjoy ur money

Some people will say dangote made it in dis country so I go no where, ,,i laugh
Or adenuga made it in Nigeria, ...I laugh
Or otedola made it in Nigeria......Bro dis people I just mentioned live half part of their life overseas and invested in Nigeria, ,,,or is it davido father.....who left nigeria to overseas years ago, ,,,na there day for born davido o.....,well except dat person ready dirty e hand with bribery or ritual u fit stay 9ja o.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2018
robertogun:
Guys, music is very relative. Inasmuch as I prefer Asa over Whizkid and Davido, u still cant discount the their talent. Davido and whizkid re also recognized internationally. I'm in a remote place with 50.6745° N, 120.3273° W and u wont believe that they play whizkid on the provincial radio cfjc FM. Sometimes I ll be in asa mood , sometimes davido and sometimes whizkid. They re talented in their own unique ways

There are different genres of music. Ok. So no one is saying Asa type of music is what we all should be listening too. R&B, Soul, Country music are different from hip-hop and so on. But the thing is, no matter which genre, one must have talent. Most Nigerians are used to wacks. What all these Davidos etc do is very basic, no special thing. It's what anybody can pick mic or go to the studio and do. I do believe average Nigerians can sing better than Davido and some other so called artists. I regard something/someone as celebrity if what they do portrays talent or some uncommon skill or some kind of expertise that not just anybody can do. All these foreign Rihanna and co, when you hear their song, the voice and way they sing, you will know they have good knowledge or real music and voice training. Very quality music.

And that they play these wacks songs internationally doesn't mean they give good music. If wack is what we rate as our best in Naija, that is what the international world will see about us. The person we call our president is what international body will take as president, no one will come here and pick another one for us.
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Lomprico2: 10:54am On Dec 09, 2018
Jonnie walker! Hmmmm

Why is buhari not there? angry he is the true walker ambassador! grin
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2018
mogbojaiye:

I keep telling people if u get who wan assite u travel out beg am make e help u

Nigeria is not met for d youth only at old age just come back and enjoy ur money

Some people will say dangote made it in dis country so I go no where, ,,i laugh
Or adenuga made it in Nigeria, ...I laugh
Or otedola made it in Nigeria......Bro dis people I just mentioned live half part of their life overseas and invested in Nigeria, ,,,or is it davido father.....who left nigeria to overseas years ago, ,,,na there day for born davido o.....,well except dat person ready dirty e hand with bribery or ritual u fit stay 9ja o.....

Hahahahaha, sounds funny but true. First major problems with this country are sycophantic masses, bad irresponsible leaders, corruption in general, wastefulness/misplaced priorities and overpopulation. I wish we get to the promise land one day and live like freemen in a free country.
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by PBseller1340: 11:34am On Dec 09, 2018
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

1 Share

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by onegig(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2018
NessaBoo:
I'd go gaga for Asa any day any time abeg!!

She's mind blowing... Was even listening to her songs; Knights of Ren, Yeriko before stumbling upon this thread.

Even her Bed of stone album is still lit after 4years! She's simply magical abeg!

Beautiful imperfection is still the best ever she made. Every single track on that Album was just pure bliss. Wasn't too impressed by the Bed of stones Album. Some of the tracks seemed forced or maybe it's me. I kinda like more instrumentals going with the voice but most tracks on Bed of stones were a lot boring without that "asa spark" in that aspect.
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by onegig(m): 11:45am On Dec 09, 2018
PBseller1340:
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

These are the people we are talking about. Later we complain about people in power when the average Nigerian is worse. Remembered same happened to the Hard drives used in the 2007 elections

Items bought for elections now sold on the open market.
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by NessaBoo(f): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
onegig:

Beautiful imperfection is still the best ever she made. Every single track on that Album was just pure bliss. Wasn't too impressed by the Bed of stones Album. Some of the tracks seemed forced or maybe it's me. I kinda like more instrumentals going with the voice but most tracks on Bed of stones were a lot boring without that "asa spark" in that aspect.

Awwww, pls bed of stone is a full and rounded musical experience for me oo, her vocal delivery and songwriting was masterful and graceful,from "dead again" to the bonus track "Shine your light" I got hooked, I listened to that Album everyday for over a month!!!

I agree it lacked a surge of instrumentals but the vocal delivery and content made up for it for me sha unlike beautiful imperfections that had instruments beautifully stretched out, the guitars and ukuleles are the only things I fell in love with on that Album. Both Albums are just great Abeg! Asa is just a queen and already a legend in her own blissful right! I love her and her songs to the moon and back!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by junnyjake(m): 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

You're right bro. All these froggies are wack but if one say that, all the majority of nigerians wey no sabi quality thing will say one is hating. There is difference between saying the fact and hating on something good.
One thing i've noticed about Nigeria is that, nigerians lick assess of wacks more than talented people. It's rare for someone talented to blow in Naija.
If you really have the talent, try and travel out and make it there, when nigeria see you make it outside, that's when they try associating with you. Or if you're talented and want to make it in Naija, try and reduce your talent to wack, nigeria will buy it that way. It sounds funny but that's the truth. Nigerians prefer to lick asses of wacks.

Had Jacob banks not left Nigeria 14 years ago, no one would have heard about him.
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by junnyjake(m): 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

There are different genres of music. Ok. So no one is saying Asa type of music is what we all should be listening too. R&B, Soul, Country music are different from hip-hop and so on. But the thing is, no matter which genre, one must have talent. Most Nigerians are used to wacks. What all these Davidos etc do is very basic, no special thing. It's what anybody can pick mic or go to the studio and do. I do believe average Nigerians can sing better than Davido and some other so called artists. I regard something/someone as celebrity if what they do portrays talent or some uncommon skill or some kind of expertise that not just anybody can do. All these foreign Rihanna and co, when you hear their song, the voice and way they sing, you will know they have good knowledge or real music and voice training. Very quality music.

And that they play these wacks songs internationally doesn't mean they give good music. If wack is what we rate as our best in Naija, that is what the international world will see about us. The person we call our president is what international body will take as president, no one will come here and pick another one for us.

What's really pushing these Nigerian artist forward is our Afro-beat, it's dancable to, it has the ability to brighten your mood.

Listen to Sauti Sol, Mi casa, Zonke, Lira, Nasty C. These are other African artists leveraging on Afro-beat with meaningful lyrics.

1 Like

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by staytravel: 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
Amazing!
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Mishhcre(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
Seems the audience was truly jazzed.
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Chubhie: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
I sometimes wonder why Asa,Dare Art Alade and Timi ain't getting all the awards in Nigeria....
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Peaceyw(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gratefulheart01:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mr Lalastica, you wan burn all our mb when boys dey manage. I wan yab the OP before i saw it is Lala.

I would have gotten ban till 2019.

lol, guy no be only you wan yab am ooo, as i see the name, oboy he con be like say my pastor come visit(good measure pressed down shaken togetger, i no know the rest)

1 Like

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Daevid(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Tech guys!!!

Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Aldebaran(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

You're right bro. All these froggies are wack but if one say that, all the majority of nigerians wey no sabi quality thing will say one is hating. There is difference between saying the fact and hating on something good.
If you really have the talent, try and travel out and make it there, when nigeria see you make it outside, that's when they try associating with you. Or if you're talented and want to make it in Naija, try and reduce your talent to wack, nigeria will buy it that way. It sounds funny but that's the truth. Nigerians prefer to lick asses of wacks.

True talk grin
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Lilcentt(f): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
Kelgabriel5:
Asa's music tend to b even better when performed, shame I'm not in lagos where everything happens.
where do you want it to happen before. Shey ur village in Ekiti?
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Kelgabriel5(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lilcentt:

really ekiti grin, I'm actually serving in Enugu, but I think they shouldn't concentrate on Lagos, don't u nice lady
Re: #JJWLagos: Photos From Johnnie Jazz And Whisky In Lagos. Asa, Femi Kuti Perform by Kelgabriel5(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lilcentt:

really ekiti grin, I'm actually serving in Enugu, but I think they shouldn't concentrate on Lagos, don't u nice lady sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kim & Kanye's Daughter Is Kaidence Donda West / DISGUSTING!! Iggy Azalea’s Butt Implants EXPOSED In A Bikini / Pepsi Signs Dj Cuppy, Dj Spinall, Dj Xclusive, Dj Obi As Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.