Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,399 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America (45622 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: Economy Doing Better Than Previous Governments Under Buhari / 5 Major Things Nigeria Stands To Gain By Choosing A Visionary Leader Like Anyim / 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by OkunrinOloro: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
I think you would do well to apply this advise to your own wretched life.

sogodihno:

I have note your moniker, and I av seen that it's bad news about Nigeria that give u joy, anything good about Nigeria give u headache, I can imagine how sad and frustrated u are in real life. I can only pity your terrible state that warrant this anger and frustration.

I have come to notice that the frustration is not due to your love for Nigeria but rather your hate for president Buhari, but I have come to tell u this, that your frustration just started, because Buhari is your President till 2023, their is no way ur Atiku and Obigotry can become the president of this country.

Pls, write this down, I will advice that u buy bucket for more wailing and tears next year.

save your mention till after the election.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by bilms(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
hum
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by OkunrinOloro: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
Thank you Sir. Have a blessed Sunday smiley

PastorAji:
pls help me manage am
Pls help me mn

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Ola5TP: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=mrrights post=73683169]5 Things Nigeria is Doing Better than America

These are 5 areas that Nigeria is clearly outdoing the US in.

1. Nigeria’s economy is growing five times faster than the US

Most people don’t associate “West Africa” and “booming economy”, but despite the global downturn, the region is home to some growth rates that would make Ronald Reagan blush. Right near the top of that list is Nigeria, that with an average growth rate of 8.1%, are experiencing more growth than the US (a pitiful 1.5%), the UK, Canada, Australia, Japan and the entire European Union… combined.

2. Nigeria has stricter anti-piracy laws than the US

You read that right. Despite the RIAA, the MPAA, bills like SOPA and PIPA and 40,000 theaters all reminding you before a film of your moral integrity in regards to stealing cars, Nigeria are clearly ahead of America in fighting piracy. Their recent no tolerance laws have reaped some serious results: 26 anti-piracy raids, 6 million pirated works (worth US$5 million) seized and 145 arrests. Also, whereas arrests made in the US usually lead to a fine and a slap on the wrist for the offender, Nigerians convicted are facing prison, some for as long as 2 years for their offences.

3. Nigeria drinks more than the US.

Some may not consider this a way Nigeria is doing better than America, but for those college students who think nobody downs Natty Light like they do, Nigeria has something to say. Nigerians easily outdo Americans in alcoholic units per capita, but drinking Guinness is where they really shine. Consuming only a few hectoliters less than Ireland, Nigerians manage to drink significantly more of the black stuff than the US, despite Americans beer-guzzling ways and a population three times as large as Nigeria.

4. Nigerians care more about freedom of the press

Despite a historically free media, recent times have seen restrictive regimes doing their best Kim Jung Il impression with the media. But where other medias in Africa and Asia have been happy to roll over for their oppressive leaders, Nigerians would rather die than give up their rights, as several have. This past year, the Nigerian media won the Free Press Africa Award, partly in honor of the many journalists who died attempting to bring the truth to the masses. I’m not sure anyone at Fox News is planning on dying for their freedom anytime soon.

5. Nigeria, not America, is the world’s police.

Take a guess as to which country commits more troops to global peacekeeping operations than any other. If you’ve read the rest of this article so far, picked up on the theme and guessed Nigeria, you’d be correct. Nigeria ships off soldiers to 80 different countries in Africa, Europe and Asia. While Bangladesh is set to pass Nigeria’s contributions in the near future, they will still be contributing more soldiers than the EU and more than five times as many soldiers as the US. Team Nigeria World Police?

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/5-things-nigeria-is-doing-better-than.html?m=1[This is supper nonsense. Sorry for ur wasted energy!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Ola5TP: 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:
5 Things Nigeria is Doing Better than America

These are 5 areas that Nigeria is clearly outdoing the US in.

1. Nigeria’s economy is growing five times faster than the US

Most people don’t associate “West Africa” and “booming economy”, but despite the global downturn, the region is home to some growth rates that would make Ronald Reagan blush. Right near the top of that list is Nigeria, that with an average growth rate of 8.1%, are experiencing more growth than the US (a pitiful 1.5%), the UK, Canada, Australia, Japan and the entire European Union… combined.

2. Nigeria has stricter anti-piracy laws than the US

You read that right. Despite the RIAA, the MPAA, bills like SOPA and PIPA and 40,000 theaters all reminding you before a film of your moral integrity in regards to stealing cars, Nigeria are clearly ahead of America in fighting piracy. Their recent no tolerance laws have reaped some serious results: 26 anti-piracy raids, 6 million pirated works (worth US$5 million) seized and 145 arrests. Also, whereas arrests made in the US usually lead to a fine and a slap on the wrist for the offender, Nigerians convicted are facing prison, some for as long as 2 years for their offences.

3. Nigeria drinks more than the US.

Some may not consider this a way Nigeria is doing better than America, but for those college students who think nobody downs Natty Light like they do, Nigeria has something to say. Nigerians easily outdo Americans in alcoholic units per capita, but drinking Guinness is where they really shine. Consuming only a few hectoliters less than Ireland, Nigerians manage to drink significantly more of the black stuff than the US, despite Americans beer-guzzling ways and a population three times as large as Nigeria.

4. Nigerians care more about freedom of the press

Despite a historically free media, recent times have seen restrictive regimes doing their best Kim Jung Il impression with the media. But where other medias in Africa and Asia have been happy to roll over for their oppressive leaders, Nigerians would rather die than give up their rights, as several have. This past year, the Nigerian media won the Free Press Africa Award, partly in honor of the many journalists who died attempting to bring the truth to the masses. I’m not sure anyone at Fox News is planning on dying for their freedom anytime soon.

5. Nigeria, not America, is the world’s police.

Take a guess as to which country commits more troops to global peacekeeping operations than any other. If you’ve read the rest of this article so far, picked up on the theme and guessed Nigeria, you’d be correct. Nigeria ships off soldiers to 80 different countries in Africa, Europe and Asia. While Bangladesh is set to pass Nigeria’s contributions in the near future, they will still be contributing more soldiers than the EU and more than five times as many soldiers as the US. Team Nigeria World Police?

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/5-things-nigeria-is-doing-better-than.html?m=1
This is supper nonsense, sorry for ur wasted energy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Auxtin85(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
okosodo:
No, I be bini guy. I just like the name

I be Bini guy too I grow up for upper sokponba and st saviour. Nice to meet a brother here
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by okosodo: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
Auxtin85:

I be Bini guy too I grow up for upper sokponba and st saviour. Nice to meet a brother here
Cheers bro, new Benin represented

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Casemiro(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
> it is well

hihehihehiiiiiiheehighehoooohaaaapwaaa
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by PAQ(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
5 useless reasons. These bloggers not should allow an American to respond with their own list. It may take us hours to finish reading theirs.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
OP...You disappoint me

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Auxtin85(m): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
okosodo:
Cheers bro, new Benin represented

Nice to have you here bro. May God restore Nigeria so that we all can return home.
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by sogodihno: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
I think you would do well to apply this advise to your own wretched life.

The life am living, none of your family member can afford it.
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by OkunrinOloro: 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
You're right. Nobody in my family can afford poverty because we are not wretched almajiri Bambi allah beggars like you and your family.

sogodihno:

The life am living, none of your family member can afford it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by cao(f): 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
Wow...just wow. I'm not going to even start with all of this. Nope. I'll only talk about #3. How is it a good thing that Nigerians drink more than Americans? I don't know what the OP is high on, it's certainly not life... sha sha, I don't want whatever he's on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:

What makes it a nonsensical post? Help yourself

You are very stupid for bringing someone's father into your useless post.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by mrrights: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin
Re: 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America by bilms(m): 11:36am On Dec 10, 2018
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: You Will Never Be President, Igbos Will Reject You – Ohanaeze Tells Atiku / Photos Of Raymond Dokpesi Leaving EFCC Detention After Securing Bail / Bet9ja: Nigerians React As Senate Threatens To Shutdown Sports Betting Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.