Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,049 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) (1933 Views)

violence in portharcourt over police killing a bus driver his wife just deliverd / Man Publicly Strips Himself Naked In Lagos As Children Watch & Clap For Him / Police Violence In The US: Emily Bland's Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by kidonig: 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2010
I watched these videos on youtube and I felt so disturbed. Is there any justification for this?

Click the video and watch and share your thoughts thereafter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztULG2dmeNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SRE2bGsA4

So sad!!
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by tpiah: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2010
it's bad, but if the people involved were given eviction notices, was there nowhere else they could go?

the video is in french, so i can only follow it very slowly.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2010
is disturbing , but these francophone people disgraced us a lot in France.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by RedBrick: 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2010
Whats happening? I dont understand sad
Why are they dragging these women and children? Who are they
This sucks! sad
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2010
The police is dragging them out from where they living , cos the occupied the house illegally and so of this houses re in bad conditons .
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Horus(m): 12:03am On Aug 02, 2010
This video is very disturbing, the part where the baby is draged on the floor is shocking, you can see that his head knocked on the ground. There is no justification for such brutality against a baby. The french police used excessive force.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by becomrich3: 12:04am On Aug 02, 2010

Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 02, 2010
Yes is inhuman, where re their husbands ? They used these poor women and children as their trape and see what it caused.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by RedBrick: 12:33am On Aug 02, 2010
Whats the nationality of these people?
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 02, 2010
All francophones.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by kidonig: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2010
Actually, they are people mostly from Cote d'ivoire who are settled in France and some have lived there for up to ten years. They were said to be living in a slum and the government asked them to move out for them to build a new city dwelling without relocating them elsewhere.

They are not even illegal immigrants. The white woman in the clip is supposed to be an activist. The point is that it seems as though the people that say that Europe should be left for Caucasians are correct as even in the US Where the police is known to be brutal, I don't believe that this kind of thing can happen.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by snowdrops(m): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2010
this is politically motivated. the french prime minister nicholas sarchozy [who is barely taller than akin and pawpaw] is fanninf the flames of racism and xenophobia in his country. with is popularity at an all time low for a prime minister, he has focused his attention at attacking immigrants and those of a different colour in order to boost his ratings. his government ordered the forceful evacuation of the people in the clip.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2010
these people had been evicted at the beginning of July from different squats in this area where they were living and they all decided to sit in front of it to protest. the city allocated temporary hotel rooms for about 129 out of the 200 people that were evacuated but the evacuees wanted more rooms. the city also told them that negociations to rehouse them would only happen when they finally leave. after many weeks of failed negociations to have them leave the area to the hotels, it came down to what you see on the video.

the squats they all have been evicted from is a huge blocks of flat called the 4000 which is a drug infested neighborhood in the outskirts of Paris who will be demolished at the end of the yr. all the people  legally living there have "supposedly" been rehoused in different part of the city but these one were the last remaining illegal squatters.
only a few of them were illegal immigrant and these people were mostly from Senegal, Mali, Ivory Coast.

the funny part was that the police issued a statement on that day (21st july) saying that the street evacuation was done calmly and that everything went smoothly. yeah right!
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2010
2010 the year of foreigners stay out
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by EzeUche22(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
This is a damn shame. I blame the police and the mothers. Why would you put your children in harm's way? And why would the men just stand around and not help their women? This is just a mess.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by redsun(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
France is more or less a fascist state.But then again,scavengers will always be treated for what they,scavengers.Nobody wants scavengers and africans position in the world of today can be mainly seen as as that of scavengers and beggers.

It is time we begin to take the strides and learn to live rationally  and independently,then the question of whether  recycle thieves like babagida,jonathan or atiku will be manageable as leaders wont be in the agenda.It is insane for a people to be contemplating the idea of going to the polls to elect ruthless and retarded criminals as leaders,year in year out,decades after decades.
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by ada24: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
like i said in another post on this topic i couldn't even finish watching this video as no matter wether tey are legal or illegal it is just disturbing. Now onto the reason i posted - i saw this article earlier in the day on the daily mail website and to be honest I know that the UK is becoming a lot more openly racist but i have to say i am shocked at the amount and type of comments saying that this is right and that they should bring it here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1299622/YouTube-video-police-brutality-mothers-babies-sparks-outrage.html#comments

however, its a bit wrong for these women to use their children as shields - i think african governments need to wake up and start developing their countries so that we can all leave Europe and leave their tax and borrowing revenue countries to rot,
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by kidonig: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
It's really sad to see that this kind of event does not get an intensive media coverage. This is the 21st century for goodness sake! When will Caucasians leave Negroids alone and not think of us as an animal?
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by DrKnow1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2010
This is really disturbing, imagine French nationals being given the same treatment in Cote D'Ivoire; What would have been the world's reaction.Where are the Hunan Rights warriors when you need them?
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by tpiah: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2010
the video is sad, but it's very risky forcing a showdown with police.

the situation could have been handled better, but i think the officers involved did show some restraint in the way they handled the confrontation.

the women didnt leave them much of a choice?

i'm not supporting police brutality in any form, but back home we say forewarned war no dey kill a smart person even if s/he's disabled.

and there shouldnt have been kids involved in this.

did the women have absolutely nowhere to go?
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by RedBrick: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2010
Dr Know:

This is really disturbing, imagine French nationals being given the same treatment in Cote D'Ivoire; What would have been the world's reaction.Where are the Hunan Rights warriors when you need them?

You and i know thats not even remotely possible
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Sagamite(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2010
My observations:

- The police did not use excessive force

- I will question if the order to employ physical removal was the right one especially when no adequate alternative housing has been provided for the residents that have legal status or are in the right process to achieve such, which appears to be a lot of them

- WITHOUT AN INCH OF DOUBT, it is the mother's fault for any injuries to the child. (1) Why would you bring a child to a place where you know you risk physical struggle (2) The officers never attacked the kids, they exercised due care when being physical, it was the mothers that were acting or holding the child dangerously and risking injury to the kids. If you do not want injury to your child, don't try and use them as headline grabbers for a physical struggle.

- Their actions is no different from Hamas firing rockets in a residential neighbourhood and then screaming to the world when Isreal strikes the spot and there are civilian casualties

- The residence they were being evicted from was being occupied illegally (squats), so they had no right being there
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by marcus1234: 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2010
Re: French Police Violence Against Black Women And Children! (watch Video Link) by Sagamite(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2010
kidonig:

It's really sad to see that this kind of event does not get an intensive media coverage. This is the 21st century for goodness sake! When will Caucasians leave Negroids alone and not think of us as an animal?

Stop these emotional rants.

Instead of protesting like this in a foreign country that is trying to modernise and improve its environment, it would be better they go back to their countries and stage such a protest at parliaments everytime their politicians are looting them dry. You will never see them doing such in their homelands.

(1) (Reply)

How Cele Pastor Duped And Blackmailed Woman / Top Ten Countries With The Highest Rape Cases (2014) / No content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.