Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency (26362 Views)

2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again / Ganduje/Sanusi Reconciliation In Jeopardy As Governor Jets Out To Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency by alizma: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
socialmediaman:

Let me summarize the electoral bill. 2015 election was a big step forward from previous elections. However, there were some loopholes observed which enabled people to exploit the process. 75% of places where these loopholes were observed were places where Buhari won election in 2015. NASS has decided to seal these loopholes so we can have better credible elections, but Buhari has refused, giving flimsy excuses. He intends to exploit these loopholes again to win re-election. This is crazy! Democracy is supposed to be about the choice of the people, not the wish of the politicians. Buhari is a threat to Nigeria’ Democracy!

Transparency International slammed Buhari’s government as being more corrupt than previous governments before him. Here’s the proof:

https://www.nairaland.com/4883004/transparency-international-shows-corruption-worse
election was conducted in 2015 and nass suddenly realized there is loopholes to seal in 2018 Abi? they don jam person wet know more than them this time.
Re: 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency by DeepNuggets: 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
socialmediaman:

Let me summarize the electoral bill. 2015 election was a big step forward from previous elections. However, there were some loopholes observed which enabled people to exploit the process. 75% of places where these loopholes were observed were places where Buhari won election in 2015. NASS has decided to seal these loopholes so we can have better credible elections, but Buhari has refused, giving flimsy excuses. He intends to exploit these loopholes again to win re-election. This is crazy! Democracy is supposed to be about the choice of the people, not the wish of the politicians. Buhari is a threat to Nigeria’ Democracy!

Transparency International slammed Buhari’s government as being more corrupt than previous governments before him. Here’s the proof:

https://www.nairaland.com/4883004/transparency-international-shows-corruption-worse

How many eligible voters had the smart pvc then and how many has it now? I for one have a laminated provisional pvc and with elections fast approaching restricting voting to only smart card holders means I and a host of others can't vote who we want. I think this electoral bill issue now is just a charade by the opposition party seeing as they've been losing and will keep losing elections. Talking about Buhari winnig in 75% of states loopholes were recorded is just insane from a party well know for their recklessness with public funds and gross abuse of power. Like someone rightly said Buhari's frying pan is way better than Atiku's fire.
Matter of factly we can vote anyone else in apart from these two but that's not possible because it's about money and power...it's always been that way, now that APC has the power i don't see them losing out to PDP's monies
Re: 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency by Splashme: 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
socialmediaman:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / Mass Defection Hits APC In Kebbi As Aliero Joins Senate Leader, Others In PDP / No Fuel No Light! Angry Protesters Marched The Street Of Gwarinpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.