Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! (3783 Views)

Who Has Gotten An Order Delivered From Jumia In This Lockdown / I Need Icloud Locked Iphone X : I've Gotten One : Thanks / Have You Gotten My Free Ebook Mobile App Millionaire Cash Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by calddon(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
@op you cant label one a thief when he offers a refund option. I think we sometimes overflog the word 'thief' and 'scammer' here on NL
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2018

2 Likes

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by omotolsy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
I give you a refund right?

Will the refund wipe what you have done?

What i tell you is what shipper tells me.

Did you find out indeed if there was an holiday during the period?

I will not reply your chats on WhatsApp because you dont deserve it.

You stopped deserving my responses the moment you decided to abuse me continuously on WhatsApp.

You will not get a response from me on WhatsApp.

You will learn that you dont call a man a thief when he has not stolen from you.

You decided to go too far for just this.

This is just N142k transaction.

I have had clients send me millions and they thanked me afterwards.
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by Protein0: 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Omotolsy's mistakes were
* daring op to come call him out,
* communication gap
* offering op refund

On telling op various things on the same deal, it's most likely what his shipper told him that he relayed. He's one straightforward person. I am sure he wasn't trying to play the op.

Shit happens and no service provider will be happy for customer's disquietude.

Here is my suggestion

Op and Omotolsy should let the exchange of banter be bygone. Make una no vex biko.

Refund isn't d way forward if you ask me.
*It won't be vindicative of Omotolsy
*It will be a loss to op. $300 for Samsung Note 9 is kiss
*was Omotolsy the seller or the shipper has declared that the seized goods aren't going to be released again?

Op should wait for the shipper to secure the release of the stuffs while Omotolsy relay updates as and when due. kiss

2 Likes

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by ChisomK9(m): 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
Let’s see it this way OP what if you receive the phone after all this haggle it’s actually a clone ,what are gonna do ...

This whole thing about item with police and all that, for me there wait won’t worth it , OP just get your refund and push forward
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by ChisomK9(m): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
harmbhrosz:
Clone ke, God forbid o!!! Lol, i don't even mind waiting as long as what I'm getting is genuine and he has a good customer's relationship with me, but lately it's like I'm forcing him which I can't stand, on top my money No na, I've sent him my account details sha, you get cheap Note 9 wey no be clone wey I fit see for 150k? grin
I guess your late ,4 brand new with boxes were available going for 152k each
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by timijoseph01(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
Well the question is if OP is bent on tarnishing Omotolsy image in replace for his item,, or he want this resolved..??
And Yes,, i understand the situation you are currently,, but there are only two options in front of you..
1) Wait till item gets released
2) Accept your refund and move on
Or extra 3) Keep dragging this till next hear and never get a refund,, same refund you would have use to purchase another phone during same time
You see when shiiit happens with the Pickers,, rather than dwell on a mistake on the pickers end,, be more concerned on how to resolve it..
You have to reach a conclusion in your head that its the dirty side of this biz,, and how you must move quickly from it

If you ask all members of the picking thread,, 90% would agree taking a refund is the way forward...
You have been optimistic waiting for a $300 Note 9 for over 5weeks now,, dont be a fool at it..
Know when to Quit and when to keep Hoping.. Its a great skill, acquire it..
Finally i apologise on behalf of Omotolsy,, and you may also have a rethink with those foul words you are using on him..
Bye..!!!

2 Likes

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by timijoseph01(m): 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
timijoseph01:
[s]Well the question is if OP is bent on tarnishing Omotolsy image in replace for his item,, or he want this resolved..??
And Yes,, i understand the situation you are currently,, but there are only two options in front of you..
1) Wait till item gets released
2) Accept your refund and move on
Or extra 3) Keep dragging this till next hear and never get a refund,, same refund you would have use to purchase another phone during same time
You see when shiiit happens with the Pickers,, rather than dwell on a mistake on the pickers end,, be more concerned on how to resolve it..
You have to reach a conclusion in your head that its the dirty side of this biz,, and how you must move quickly from it

If you ask all members of the picking thread,, 90% would agree taking a refund is the way forward...
You have been optimistic waiting for a $300 Note 9 for over 5weeks now,, dont be a fool at it..
Know when to Quit and when to keep Hoping.. Its a great skill, acquire it..
Finally i apologise on behalf of Omotolsy,, and you may also have a rethink with those foul words you are using on him..
Bye..!!![/s]

Looks like this has been resolved already.. Peace.. smiley
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by yasolan(m): 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ok, someone that wants to be give you a refund isn't a thief oo..
You could have just called him out on NL finish..
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
ChisomK9:
I guess your late ,4 brand new with boxes were available going for 152k each
Ooouchh!!, Good deal tho
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by yasolan(m): 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
harmbhrosz:
alaye he started talking about refund whenever I ask of the way forward/updates on how things are going. He was more interested in refunding me and keeping my item that giving me update on how things are truly going
When I've finally ordered for accessories, I was eventually compelled to decline the refund request because of the accessories that were on the way.
I understand bro, I have been in a similar situation
When you get the refund, hopefully
Kindly apologise for your statement.
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
yasolan:

I understand bro, I have been in a similar situation
When you get the refund, hopefully
Kindly apologise for your statement.
thanks man! I will

1 Like

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by talk2odim: 6:16am On Dec 10, 2018
Protein0:
Omotolsy's mistakes were
* daring op to come call him out,
* communication gap
* offering op refund

On telling op various things on the same deal, it's most likely what his shipper told him that he relayed. He's one straightforward person. I am sure he wasn't trying to play the op.

Shit happens and no service provider will be happy for customer's disquietude.

Here is my suggestion

Op and Omotolsy should let the exchange of banter be bygone. Make una no vex biko.

Refund isn't d way forward if you ask me.
*It won't be vindicative of Omotolsy
*It will be a loss to op. $300 for Samsung Note 9 is kiss
*was Omotolsy the seller or the shipper has declared that the seized goods aren't going to be released again?

Op should wait for the shipper to secure the release of the stuffs while Omotolsy relay updates as and when due. kiss

This appears to be the most reasonable comment so far! People keep hammering on the "refund" which amuses me as if they really don't understand the implication!
What if the OP's plan was a resell? How does the refund cater for time, resources spent and expected profit? A refund would have been more approproate if the OP was the one that actually sourced the phone or bought it....for crying out loud he was engaged for a paid service n is bound to deliver!!!
The OP asked a vital question, would the phone be sold for the same $300? If no, then the motive would appear alterior or premeditated! What if the OP had manipulated the price to a higher figure? In a logical business sense, the OP has a right to name a price cos the situation has actually turned to a potential sale transaction.
Rather than propose a direct refund, what Omotolsy should have done was subtly telling the OP that given the unpleasant situation, he is open to acceptable solutions: that is business ettiquete.

Now to to the OP your situation is understandable and you obviously had ur nerves frayed so your result to name calling and insults is not unusual yet doesn't mean it it's appropriate. So i would advice you desist from that especially with the "thief" label aspect as it would make him more defensive.
Quite a number of people have spoken on omotolsy's integrity and he should be given a benefit of doubt as he appears to hv more defect on communication skills and not on integrity.
The Note 9 is still a pretty new phone and u got an oustanding purchase price so i would suggest you consider stretching your patience a bit more to enjoy this amazing opportunity provided the possible release of the purpotedly seized item can be assertained without any ambiguity.
This is assuming you are not under any pressure otherwise which would require u both mutual agree on a way foward.
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by uc97: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2018
talk2odim:

This appears to be the most reasonable comment so far! People keep hammering on the "refund" which amuses me as if they really don't understand the implication!
What if the OP's plan was a resell? How does the refund cater for time, resources spent and expected profit? A refund would have been more approproate if the OP was the one that actually sourced the phone or bought it....for crying out loud he was engaged for a paid service n is bound to deliver!!!
The OP asked a vital question, would the phone be sold for the same $300? If no, then the motive would appear alterior or premeditated! What if the OP had manipulated the price to a higher figure? In a logical business sense, the OP has a right to name a price cos the situation has actually turned to a potential sale transaction.
Rather than propose a direct refund, what Omotolsy should have done was subtly telling the OP that given the unpleasant situation, he is open to acceptable solutions: that is business ettiquete.

Now to to the OP your situation is understandable and you obviously had ur nerves frayed so your result to name calling and insults is not usual yet doesn't mean it it's appropriate. So i would advice you desist from that especially with the "thief" label aspect as it would make him more defensive.
Quite a number of people have spoken on omotolsy's integrity and he should be given a benefit of doubt as he appears to hv more defect on communication skills and not on integrity.
The Note 9 is still a pretty new phone and u got an oustanding purchase price so i would suggest you consider stretching your patience a bit more to enjoy this amazing opportunity provided the possible release of the purpotedly seized item can be assertained without any ambiguity.
This is assuming you are not under any pressure otherwise which would require u both mutual agree on a way foward.
Cheers

Well said.
If the guy is going to give a refund, he should refund the actual value of the phone which is $700-$800 and sth on top to cover other expenses incurred by the op and not the $300 the op gave him. He can resell the phone for same($700-$800) or higher amount.
I stand for what is right.
Peace.

2 Likes

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 8:58am On Dec 10, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by timijoseph01(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2018
harmbhrosz:
thanks man

People are mentioning refund as if it's easy, I didn't, get a good deal, pay instantly, and waited for this long to be refunded just like that. And I was getting annoyed whenever I asked the way forward, the only solution he could came up with is refund, hence why I had the view of him having a motive for my item. Then he suddenly stops replying chats all together, what would he have me think?
.I practically haven't seen another brand new note 9 elsewhere for $300 ever since, the cheapest ones I've seen are $400-450 and they're 3-4 months used. Now imagine the pain.

Anyway God knows best, thank you once again for your understanding
Bro no one ever said its easy... But as sweet as this deals are,, you must be ready for the bitter side too
Its all about win and lose.. Ofcourse we all pray for higher win,, but dont be too smart to go without a scratch,, cause you might end up burning yourself..
You will be amazed by many matters that has been swept underground btw pickers and buyers,, because they were mature n experienced enough to move quickly from it..
My opinion may look one sided to you,, but to other experienced buyers and members who are watching,, its the bitter truth..
You want to get to get full refund of $700-$800 for a phone picked at around $385 TLC..?? I have you in my prayers bro,, i hope you get it..!!
Peace

2 Likes

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2018
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by wildchild1: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2018
timijoseph01:

Bro no one ever said its easy... But as sweet as this deals are,, you must be ready for the bitter side too
Its all about win and lose.. Ofcourse we all pray for higher win,, but dont be too smart to go without a scratch,, cause you might end up burning yourself..
You will be amazed by many matters that has been swept underground btw pickers and buyers,, because they were mature n experienced enough to move quickly from it..
My opinion may look one sided to you,, but to other experienced buyers and members who are watching,, its the bitter truth..
You want to get to get full refund of $700-$800 for a phone picked at around $385 TLC..?? I have you in my prayers bro,, i hope you get it..!!
Peace

Your last paragraph got me ROTFLMAO grin grin Pls pray for me too, I need $300 Note 9
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by McMayor(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2018
You are furious because your item is not arriving as scheduled or arrange. I remember having same issue with the same person however my phones were delivered later.... I have even done another with him which failed and he refunded me fully (360k+). His process can be slow and really annoying but SCAM Spit it out.
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by timijoseph01(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2018
harmbhrosz:
I can't remember stating anywhere that I wanted a refund of $700-800, do I?
Well i saw you quoting in support of the guy who wants you to get a refund of $700-$800 and interpreted that as validating his statement..
Apologies if that isnt your own view too
But on a second thought, what if the phone end up being a clone like someone mentioned ealier..
Well, I hope you guys reach a conclusion and this be resolved..
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by timijoseph01(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2018
wildchild1:

Your last paragraph got me ROTFLMAO grin grin Pls pray for me too, I need $300 Note 9
L0l.. okay na,, e small gan.. I don add your name to list grin grin
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by harmbhrosz(m): 10:20am On Dec 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by henrixx(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2018
McMayor:
You are furious because your item is not arriving as scheduled or arrange. I remember having same issue with the same person however my phones were delivered later.... I have even done another with him which failed and he refunded me fully (360k+). His process can be slow and really annoying but SCAM Spit it out.
he has the right to be furious and where did you see scam there now?

That you were satisfied doesnt mean every other person should even when buisiness went wrong
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by McMayor(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2018
Amnt forcing you to be supportive or shake your tail towards his treatments towards you.... You used the word thieves and my point was and still is that we should be careful with words we use. I pray this gets resolved ASAP. I wish you all the best.
harmbhrosz:
do you know why someone will raise a red flag about him being scammed by his bank and it won't be swept off but be resolved, it's because of his personal experience, which does not literally means the same bank scammed every of their customers. One party can be satisfied with a particular bank's service why another party might not.

For the fact that you were satisfied with his service does not mean I'll have to shove his inconveniences down my throat.

Peace
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by talk2odim: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2018
timijoseph01:

Peace

J wonder why one should be ready for the bitter side for engaging a service that was paid for and didn't involve a contraband!!!
To understand my position as earlier posted would require reading with the aim to understand. That businesses are generally conducted unprofessionally doesn't mean it is the appropriate way of doing so.......have u wondered how a refund who have been "easily proposed" if the value of the item was undisclosed?
Re: I've gotten my phone...Thanks guys! by dealhunter(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
harmbhrosz:
you are cunny and a thief at the same time, and if your brother's name get dragged into it it's because you're both involved.

I initiated a transaction with you, and which you have outrightly failed to deliver.

Here are your responses that made you a thief:
When I asked about my item after you told me it has been shipped.

You said "there's a 3days holiday in the US" which I'm still not aware of up till now

You said "the airline seized the shipper's items"

You said " Yankee police seized the items"

And you still don't feel you should be told you're cunny

I respectd your chain of communication and never chatted with your brother for once but you took me for granted for too long.

Never did you chat me up to give me any information or update to calm me down. I was always chatting you up, and the only you'll say is you will refund me, so you can resell the phone for a bigger price right? What about the accessories I've bought huh?
bro try to put yourself in omotoys shoes,your item have been seized, he offered to refund you,you insisted,if you cannot wait,collect your money and move on with your life,buy from abroad is a 50-50 chances..buy from abroad should not be a do or die affair, thank your creator that,its not milky,you for wait and complain tire...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A - Z Vsat Material On How To Install & Commmission Vsat. And Vsat Trouble Shoot / N20k Jumia Voucher Up For Grabs / PRICE SLASH ON Brand New Laptops & Projectors FROM 50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.