Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,211 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria (16758 Views)

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice / Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / 15 Things To Know About The Third-mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 11, 2018
Herdsmen

The president is their boss
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by TimiRume(f): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2018
Stop asslicking foreigners, if they want to come they should, if they don't want to they should stay in their lane.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by metroid(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2018
It was a good read I must confess cool
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by okrikaboi: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2018
When coming to Nigeria don't try to discuss politics or religion with its people you might not know this but Nigerians are not open minded and cling to their believes like their lives depend on it "they kill for what they believe".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2018
bilms:
15 things foreigners need to know before visiting Nigeria

The giant of Africa is often skipped on travel bucket lists but Nigeria is a fascinating country and will probably be the most memorable country you visit. If you know these things, you are guaranteed to have a wonderful time!

If you’re up for an experience, Nigeria is the only country of its kind on planet Earth. Most people who have visited this West African nation have described it as an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. You can explore this country alone but you can also reach out to a tour operator or travel experience manager like TVP Adventures to get the most up-to-date and authentic experience. Nigeria is also often misunderstood or misrepresented so here are answers to some of the most burning questions about visiting Nigeria.

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/15-things-foreigners-need-to-know.html

You guys should stop this "giant of Africa" thing.

Giant in what please? The moth that thinks itself a bird. Simply delusional.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by ponti93(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2018
ogunleye1:
so your collection of pic mix gotten from the Internet is supposed to convince people... #scammer go learn better format ode
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by chicoMX(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Awesome, God bless Nigeria shocked shocked shocked , share for APC, like for PMB grin

16. There's a beauty blog called [url=elitebeautytips.biz]Elite Beauty Blog [/url]

OYO
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Ikem11(m): 10:55am On Dec 11, 2018
I think i have to visit that country soon
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2018
Thank you for selling Nigeria in a positive light for once.we need good publicity like this.everyday shouldn't be bokoharam stories,kidnap ,armed robbery,ritualists stories,rape,child rape etc.

Yes Nigeria has its security issues just like any other nation but the media likes to magnify and exaggerate the bad than the good.

Look at America for example. America is not free from problems but they enjoy good publicity that's why the world sees it as an utopian nation of a model when its not exactly perfect as the media portrays it.even Yoruba's say nkan tabani,lan nani.nobody will hype your country for you,you have to do It yourself

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by ShenTeh(m): 10:58am On Dec 11, 2018
Thumbs up for the op.

Very well crafted and ingenious.

Again, thank you
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2018
TimiRume:
Stop asslicking foreigners, if they want to come they should, if they don't want to they should stay in their lane.
its not asslicking its showing off or telling the world how beautiful Nigeria is as against the negative publicity CNN and aljazera gives

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by oluwaahmed: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2018
Don't forget to take note of jubrin all al sudani
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Awesome, God bless Nigeria shocked shocked shocked , share for APC, like for PMB grin

16. There's a beauty blog called [url=elitebeautytips.biz]Elite Beauty Blog [/url]

Just decided to give you a tip as I can't hit your pm. I looked up your blog and realized 70% of the Images are that of white ladies/foreigners(light-skinned). Now If you're a Nigerian doing business in Nigeria, that's utterly bad.

If you're a foreigner doing business in Nigeria, still that's awfully wrong. Know your audience. There's a lot of things you're doing wrong too.

Have you wondered why your blog doesn't sell?

*This comes with a sincere and caring heart. No hate.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by seguntijan(m): 11:30am On Dec 11, 2018
The Senate under Saraki has paid Joshua Dariye his salaries but the NASS staff are hungry.
Dariye is a Senator serving a jail term for corruption while the unpaid NASS workers are not convicts.
While the legality of such payment hasn't been challenged in any court
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by vickylincon(m): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2018
handsomeyinka:
Don't forget to add that we have a lifeless president.
clap for yourself. The op was advertising his country, you were busy making fun of your president. When the global rating is down and your country is rated low and you have difficulty In getting passport. Blame no one but yourself because buhari won't be there again

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by shadrach77: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2018
The rat of Africa kiss
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
You didn't add that Naija is filled with walking and talking animals.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by DabuIIIT: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
Well according to Nganti Ronu,the most important thing foreigners need to know when visiting and especially when visiting the Coneheads brown roof axis,is the need for them to beware of head hunters and harvesters. They should do all that are necessary to protect their heads,thank you.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Billionaire09: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nigeria is a zoo.

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
Blog is not a selling business... One

Two...most of the traffic comes from the "white women" Yes!! How many Nigerians care about reading beauty tips??

NoGender:

Just decided to give you a tip as I can't hit your pm. I looked up your blog and realized 70% of the Images are that of white ladies/foreigners(light-skinned). Now If you're a Nigerian doing business in Nigeria, that's utterly bad.

If you're a foreigner doing business in Nigeria, still that's awfully wrong. Know your audience. There's a lot of things you're doing wrong too.

Have you wondered why your blog doesn't sell?

*This comes with a sincere and caring heart. No hate.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by PussyRiot(m): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nice write up and observations.

Most of the points listed are usually associated with Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by ayagha: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
bilms:
Everyone speaks English: Well, many people speak fluent English but everyone speaks Pidgin English. Pidgin is a local variant — I would say it is a unique language on its own — that combines local dialects, slang and some English words. No surprise, since English is the official language and most people speak it alongside one or two of 350+ local languages.
A large percentage of Nigerians can't speak pidgin English.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by bilms(m): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
ayagha:

A large percentage of Nigerians can't speak pidgin English.

What are you saying?
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
Blog is not a selling business... One

Two...most of the traffic comes from the "white women" Yes!! How many Nigerians care about reading beauty tips??

Oya go to Reddit and 4chan and sell yourself. You just disowned us. You think its mostly white women that are here?

Who said Blog no be selling business? Perharps you do not know how Ikeji made her money. Oh yes she 'sold' her blog to viewers and made money.

I never meant literal selling.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by TimiRume(f): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:
its not asslicking its showing off or telling the world how beautiful Nigeria is as against the negative publicity CNN and aljazera gives
If people were really interested about finding out how beautiful Nigeria is, they would have long ago. There is the internet for a reason.This is a form of subservience to me.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Dralin(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
bilms:
Everyone speaks English: Well, many people speak fluent English but everyone speaks Pidgin English. Pidgin is a local variant — I would say it is a unique language on its own — that combines local dialects, slang and some English words. No surprise, since English is the official language and most people speak it alongside one or two of 350+ local languages.

Pls North not included in this English .
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by mrrights: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hum
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 12, 2018
Ok undecided
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 5:00am On Dec 12, 2018
You're obviously talking trash
What is your point?? Stop beating around the bush in myopism, blogging is about reading, it's about data/information/contents and has nothing to do with pictures... Am I reporting live news?? Who says blog sells to the people?? All this Nairaland kiddos sef... I'm sure you know nothing about content management. So I should use black pics for my readers when I'm talking about acne treatment when most readers will be white from different countries?? Are you sane?? In this internet world you still want to target only your country when you can go international ?? OK....are you even aware that even Adsense pays almost two times for these white readers compared to Nigerian traffic that yields zeros

Get informed!!!

NoGender:

Oya go to Reddit and 4chan and sell yourself. You just disowned us. You think its mostly white women that are here?

Who said Blog no be selling business? Perharps you do not know how Ikeji made her money. Oh yes she 'sold' her blog to viewers and made money.

I never meant literal selling.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 12, 2018
EliteBeautyBlog:
You're obviously talking trash
What is your point?? Stop beating around the bush in myopism, blogging is about reading, it's about data/information/contents and has nothing to do with pictures... Am I reporting live news?? Who says blog sells to the people?? All this Nairaland kiddos sef... I'm sure you know nothing about content management. So I should use black pics for my readers when I'm talking about acne treatment when most readers will be white from different countries?? Are you sane?? In this internet world you still want to target only your country when you can go international ?? OK....are you even aware that even Adsense pays almost two times for these white readers compared to Nigerian traffic that yields zeros

Get informed!!!

Look at somebody Im trying to help. Myopic really?
Look you operate a Beauty blog for females but use white women illustration. Are our skins white? How a make up reacts on a white skin is typically different from a black skin!!! The shades, colour combo, everything. Dont you understand what im driving at?
If you operate your blogs for foreignera, good for you.

But you keep coming on here and shoving it on our faces, we're africans.. Majoritt Nigerians, Hello??

How do you expect me to learn to contour my black face when you used a white woman for your illustration
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by sweetilicious(f): 6:54am On Dec 12, 2018
How do I get things I need to genuinely know before visiting Australia.
Re: 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria by bilms(m): 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
hum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay UK Visa Application Fee In Dollars! / Is Living Abroad Worth It? / Lagos-ibadan Rail Will Begin Operations In January 2019 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.